Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2019, 03:12 PM

3,038 posts, read 3,674,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Just saw a news item where the Main Street South shopping center changed hands and is getting a facelift.

Sure enough, a deed was made in March of 2019 from M&F Investments to MSS Huntsville in the amount of $2,325,000.
That’s always been a nice center, way ahead of its time.
Glad to see it’s getting a redo.
Also noticed the very old shopping center north of Oakwood has totally
Been redone, looks very good. We are starting to see signs of revitalizing between Oakwood
and Winchester
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 05:01 PM

654 posts, read 723,315 times
https://whnt.com/2019/06/07/kroger-o...ville-closing/

The Kroger store on Drake is closing in July.......

Old 06-07-2019, 05:32 PM

13,469 posts, read 9,979,020 times
Here's an article on Rocketdyne in Huntsville. Kay Ivey may as well just move to Huntsville since she's here for all the announcements.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...this-week.html

Old 06-07-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
That’s always been a nice center, way ahead of its time.
Glad to see it’s getting a redo.
Also noticed the very old shopping center north of Oakwood has totally
Been redone, looks very good. We are starting to see signs of revitalizing between Oakwood
and Winchester
Good, and I hope it continues. The place looks like a bomb was dropped on it, and I suppose it's due to a great degree to businesses closing because of the road construction. Now that it's finished, maybe things will start to come back. Of course, next on the agenda is an overpass at Sparkman.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:55 PM

I drive by Town Madison every day, and have been noticing for the last month or so that there's no visible progress on the large apartment complex. One building has Tyvek on it, and has been roofed, but the others have had nothing done that I can tell. Surely they haven't stopped work on the buildings. Anybody know?

Old 06-08-2019, 12:08 AM

166 posts, read 185,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I drive by Town Madison every day, and have been noticing for the last month or so that there's no visible progress on the large apartment complex. One building has Tyvek on it, and has been roofed, but the others have had nothing done that I can tell. Surely they haven't stopped work on the buildings. Anybody know?
Probably just waiting on materials to be prepared and shipped in. Take a look at the few new apartment buildings they have been putting in at Limestone Creek Apartments. They've probably been working on them close to a year in total and still not quite finished yet. There's a lot more work at the Town Madison site with these apartments. I'm sure they are wanting them to be good quality too.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:24 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,623,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
https://whnt.com/2019/06/07/kroger-o...ville-closing/

The Kroger store on Drake is closing in July.......
I am sorry to see Kroger's close. I still buy most groceries there but more and more I have been picking things up at the Walmart Market which is only a few blocks away.

I think the Kroger store on Drake got complacent because for a long time they had no competition. Now they have Super Walmart, Walmart Market, Pubix, Whole Foods, and Aldis to compete with.

I knew time would be tough for then when the Super Walmart opened on the Mem Parkway south of Drake. What irked me was that right after the grand opening of the Super Walmart the manager at Krogers decided to rearrange everything in the store. That alone almost made me quit going to Krogers on Drake.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:45 PM

46,626 posts, read 27,494,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not very many people were there at all....the parking lot was only about 25% full and I was there around noon....

Duluth Trading...

Folks, if you go to this store, and buy clothes, try them on first....especially if you buy the novelty shirts.....(the angry beaver, the cartoon guy in the commercials, and shirts like that)....I bought 2 shirts, one was a 3XL and the other was a 2XL.......they are 100% cotton, so we washed them and did not dry them....but my goodness, the 2XL, was no smaller than a 4XL.....and the 3XL was more like a 1.5XL (not really an XL but not really a 2XL)......

I hope they were mislabeled, and I was just going by the size on the collar....just a heads up....

Old 06-08-2019, 04:21 PM

3,038 posts, read 3,674,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
I am sorry to see Kroger's close. I still buy most groceries there but more and more I have been picking things up at the Walmart Market which is only a few blocks away.

I think the Kroger store on Drake got complacent because for a long time they had no competition. Now they have Super Walmart, Walmart Market, Pubix, Whole Foods, and Aldis to compete with.

I knew time would be tough for then when the Super Walmart opened on the Mem Parkway south of Drake. What irked me was that right after the grand opening of the Super Walmart the manager at Krogers decided to rearrange everything in the store. That alone almost made me quit going to Krogers on Drake.
Virginia College closing probably didn’t help either.
That is a primo piece of property and location.
Probably won’t stay vacant long

Old 06-08-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Virginia College closing probably didn’t help either.
That is a primo piece of property and location.
Probably won’t stay vacant long
Probably put another Publix there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area