Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:52 PM

5 posts, read 59,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charris911 View Post
wingbone

Cy-Fair is a large diverse district, it depends on the area you are considering. I lived in Cypress Springs Subdivision, on the southwest end of the district, and the builder began to build lower end houses, and the neighborhood went down. Lots of for sale signs and renters. Most of the areas in the middle and northwest part of the district are very nice, and almost anywhere there are some very nice developments.

Example the Fry Rd/290 area has larger homes, and then 5 miles south are smaller homes designed for low to moderate income.

Like every school district in the area, they each have their unique developments. Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is a wonderful place to work or send children.
What do you think of Cypress Meadows or do you have thoughts? I know that the area itself is a bit less expensive but it fits in my single parent income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 06:29 PM

5 posts, read 59,696 times
Alief is undersirable. I am currently here and running out. In my opinion is has been on an iced downhill slide.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:27 PM

212 posts, read 1,273,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyNCharge View Post
What do you think of Cypress Meadows or do you have thoughts? I know that the area itself is a bit less expensive but it fits in my single parent income.
I do not know much about Cypress Meadows, that area has good schools, and the new high school, Cypress Lakes will be very nice that is opening close by. I have friends that are just north of you, near Clay Rd and its a quiet subdivision.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 PM

150 posts, read 688,885 times
Quote:
What about the Alief district
I would stay away from alief as much as possible. I went to school there all my life since the 1st grade. I just graduated out of High School a year ago, so i have very recent experience with the district. Too much gang activity, in high schools teachers just dont care, and i dont blame them. half the people i knew from middle school are either dead or have been shot at or locked up. I cant remember having a field trip after the 2nd or 3rd grade. So yea...alief is ghetto.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:36 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,561,694 times
Aldine is rough. The only place worth working that is rough is Alief. They really have their you know what together. Some schools in HISD are excellent also, but they tend to be in ritzier neighborhoods such as Bellaire.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:56 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,057,631 times
So we won't let our kids go to these schools....now we won't let teachers apply to work there either??

We used to live in Humble ISD and had several neighbors that made the commute to Aldine ISD as the benefits for teachers were somewhat better than their home district.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:00 AM

27 posts, read 245,710 times
I bought a forclosed house in Cypress Meadows 20 years ago, still here, though thinking of selling as I want a larger yard. I like the location, close to fry road yet away from all the traffic. It's not on the way to anywhere else, nobody driving through. Lots of great parks in the area. Cullen park to the south has a paved trail through the woods that runs all the way to Hwy 6.
10 miles to the west is Mary Jo Peckham park which has a lake and nice trails. You have Bear creek park to the east. I recently pulled a crime report on the subdivision, nothing going on here. Nice quiet neighborhood, nothing fancy, but the price is right.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:36 PM

19 posts, read 48,826 times
Well some houses near the north of I 10 in Katy isd/ cfisd boundaries are low income, so they are kinda "ghetto" but not the inner-city ghetto type.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,065 times
Yes the Galleria area will be a shorter commute but I think the homes there will be more expensive than Midtown. Better capital appreciation however not conducive for children. Check out this site for schools: [url=http://www.greatschools.net]GreatSchools.net[/url]

Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 PM

12 posts, read 26,020 times
Default Aldine

In Aldine, less than 25% of the population went to college or have graduate degree. This is something you probably want to know. You can find a lot of useful information by doing a simple search here:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I am not very familiar with Fairbank though.

Last edited by Yac; 02-29-2012 at 06:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: