Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:39 PM

2 posts, read 24,489 times

Advertisements

Is this houstons hoods from worst to best(based on my driving threw not knowing the crime rate etc.)
worst looking
5th Ward
3rd Ward
Desoto/antione Tidwell(alittle biased because i live around there)
foundren
east end

These are only the neighborhoods ive been in but i think this is a pretty solid list of houston worst in order
what do yeall think or
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,865 times
hey good work LOL. i think we should throw in bissonett corner cook rd in there
what about almeda genoa? definitely COPS material

Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 AM

439 posts, read 1,242,009 times
The hoods in Houston aren't nearly as bad as other major cities. Well at least not to me. I've seen much worst.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:46 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,051,124 times
I live in the third ward with my family... there are lots of families here. Some sections are probably bad, but I certainly wouldn't put it anywhere near the top of the list of bad areas.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,680,542 times
There are some high dollar areas in Third Ward and the East End is gentrifying. The part of Third Ward closest to downtown and the East End could use some help. Fifth Ward, maybe... I've driven through and parts of it didn't look all that bad to me. It's a pretty big area. Houston's got much worse to offer, IMO. You left out PLENTY of areas on the South/Southeast and Northeast sides that look like the picture of Southern rural poverty, with mangy horses tied to fenceposts and groups of men with their 40's sitting around on milk crates outside dilapidated shotgun shacks...

Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,436,311 times
Do you have the zip codes for those areas? Since people who are searching don't know the areas, zips would be a wonderful aid.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 24,489 times
yeah i agree because i to have been to other cities houstons rough areas arent nearly as bad as some other ones but there are places that look rough. actually id like to change i think the SW apartment area and the desoto area are the worst looking because there are people lining the streets all hours gunshots often things of that nature. in my experience the poor southern areas are exactly that POOR. not bad or rough or anything of that nature

Old 06-16-2008, 10:26 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,877 times
In Houston you have extremely high-end neighborhoods right next door to the ghetto... so it's really hard to rank. I know the 3rd ward is home to plenty of EXpensive, NIce homes with great landscaping.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:56 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,830,855 times
Those are broad sweeping generalizations that are useless at best.

Fondren? Yes the apartments are terrible, but areas like the Northfield section of Fondren Southwest are still okay, along with areas facing Braeswood such as Braeburn Valley and areas to the east such as Westbury.

3rd ward? The definition of the 3rd ward depends upon who you talk to, prior to gentrification much of the now trendier-than-thou midtown area was considered third ward. Certainly much of the Riverside Terrace area is considered third ward by many. Have you priced homes in that area?

4422 N Roseneath Dr, Houston, TX 77021

East end? What are you defining as the east end? There are some bad areas in the northeast inner loop. If the inner loop areas most commonly referred to as the east end are some of the worst in town, why are town homes continuing to go up over there, and why did the gentrification of the area make for a front page story in the Chronicle not long ago?

I would say there are a few other things besides crime rates that you did not know when compiling this list.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM

293 posts, read 909,522 times
As another commenter said, zip code isn't all that helpful. The best way to find out how bad a neighborhood is, is to go there about dark on a Friday or Saturday night and park on a busy street. If none of the cars that pass by have the windows down and music vibrating your eardrums, you are not in a hood. If one out of ten do, you might be in a hood. If one out of five do, you are probably in a hood. If ALL of them do, get the hell out as fast as you can before you get shot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston