Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 AM

18,495 posts, read 33,167,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Good question. I'd love to read the article that explains that in depth. You know how this works, though. Anytime Houston is recognized for excelling in something, you have those one or two posters who make it their job to come in and put us in our place.
Its funny he says Austin has better food and that most people prefer to live there than Austin when in fact a lot more people move to Houston than Austin and that it is unarguable that Houston has tons better food. Then again, I don't know what plethora of choices he had living in Aldine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:03 AM

1,574 posts, read 2,984,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
did you do a survey to come up with that conclusion?
Just look at the plethora of food programs that go to Austin as compared to Houston. You don't think there is a reason for that?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,666,189 times
Austin better food than Houston? That has to be a hipster joke cus you know they're all sarcastic.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Its funny he says Austin has better food and that most people prefer to live there than Austin when in fact a lot more people move to Houston than Austin and that it is unarguable that Houston has tons better food. Then again, I don't know what plethora of choices he had living in Aldine
I was just referring to the food scene. Not living in one place or the other. Not only is it arguable that Austin has better food than Austin, it actually has an edge being recognized has having a superior food scene. Not that it matters where I live, but I lived in Montrose before I moved to Aldine, and now I live in The Heights. Also, I am not bashing Houston's food scene at all. I love the abundance of ethnic food you can find here. There are tons of good burgers and taco trucks. However, I do agree with the food experts that think Austin is better.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Just look at the plethora of food programs that go to Austin as compared to Houston. You don't think there is a reason for that?
yes, there is a simple reason. Austin pays for them.

Houston's food speaks for itself. We do not need to pay food network to come taste tuna and cucumber cupcakes, or whatever weird food Austin comes up with to look edgy.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
yes, there is a simple reason. Austin pays for them.

Houston's food speaks for itself. We do not need to pay food network to come taste tuna and cucumber cupcakes, or whatever weird food Austin comes up with to look edgy.
OK. You and the other Houston Homies can keep telling yourselves that.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Not living in one place or the other. Not only is it arguable that Austin has better food than Austin, it actually has an edge being recognized has having a superior food scene.
on what planet??
What experts do you speak of?

Of the 6 Major cities in Texas I would probably rank Austin 6 for food.

Houston is by far ahead in the State.
Dallas would be next.
after a spectacular drop San Antonio would be next
Then Fort Worth
Then El Paso
then Austin

You know very well Austin is on there for quirky nonsense, not meat and potatoes food.

when it comes down to good eats, any of the other cities beats Austin.

If you want vegan tofu and asparagus sherbet then Austin is the place. But people don't want to eat that everyday.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
OK. You and the other Houston Homies can keep telling yourselves that.
at least we are in touch with reality.

But I understand where you are coming from. If I had to eat out of Michoachanas down on Airline, I would be disgruntled too.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
at least we are in touch with reality.

But I understand where you are coming from. If I had to eat out of Michoachanas down on Airline, I would be disgruntled too.
LOL. Good come back. Most of the food in Austin I found consisted of Vegan organic places which were good, and hole in the wall Mexican places. I am sure there is a lot more to it but to even compare the Austin food scene to Houston is bonkers.

Where in Austin could I get Ethiopian food or if I have a sudden crave for South Indian Vegetarian?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Where is he reading that Austin's food scene is better than Houston's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston