Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:11 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,007,094 times

Advertisements

TimBomb's right about the spart parts. JSC (Johnson Space Center) has lots of stuff that still makes it a worthwhile place to visit, though it really hasn't consolidated items well into one building to make it as interesting as it could be. Things are still spread out, and many items and displays aren't in view, which is another dumb approach that should be looked at and changed. The potential is there for improvement. It's too bad those "in charge" take such a lame and uninterested approach to matters like that. Other centers were more enthusiastic and interested in attracting not only the shuttles, but visitors and business, with an open view as to what to improve on. It all goes back to that.

I agree with TimBomb also about Houston being boring. It has nothing to do with trolling. Unless you see what it's like elsewhere, you'll won't understand what we are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 AM

8,898 posts, read 20,027,425 times
People are what make a place boring - I've traveled quite a bit but can still come home to Houston and find something to do that I like or someplace to take people when they visit. A city is what you make of it. One thing I have NEVER done but am considering is next time I have some time off, is doing the tourist thing in my hometown. Going to the places that we always refer tourists to - just to see what it is really like.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,799,655 times
Agreed.... I may suggest some of those folks move back where they come from? After all you you need to make this place better and not put it down if you truly call it home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Anyone who says Houston is boring I think is either living under a rock or extremely negative. And yes, there are a few people on here who are constantly negative and just don't seem to ever be satisfied, and probably wouldn't be any happier if they changed locations. Yes Wizzy/Stevearmy/Timbomb, your comments often are inflammatory, not helpful, and even off-topic. Sometimes you don't even make sense.

There's constantly some festival, event, exhibit, or activities going on around Houston. Constantly. If you're bored, something may be wrong with you rather than with Houston.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:53 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,583,750 times
what the? this crap again about 'there is something to do in houston if you look and are desperate enough' vs 'houston is not worth it for tourists to visit'. you people should stop trying to get rep points by saying something 'cool' about houston... but I'm pretty sure that is appreciated since we're all stuck in the same hole and its good to know one is not alone.

bike @ terry hershey park ... thats one of the funniest 'cool' things to do in houston

Old 09-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Yes - you are alone stuck in this hole if you choose to make it one - unless you find like-minded negative people to co-exist in it with you and there are plenty of those. You've made it a hole. It's where I live, so I find things to enjoy and make it a good place for me and my family to live -- but I'm sort of a glass is half full type of person - life is too short to not find the good stuff in life rather than complaining about what's not.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Agreed.... I may suggest some of those folks move back where they come from? After all you you need to make this place better and not put it down if you truly call it home.
Giving grades and gauging performance in schools seems to work. it might hurt someone to get a low grade but atleast he knows that he needs to improve. the unlucky ones are overly protected by their parents and gets a paper medal for every little nonsense crap. I guess we can say the parents are the idiots

parents = houston boosters

Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
Yay. we're talking about tourists visiting a shuttle in houston. brain half full?
Tourists are here whether just to be here or visiting family or on business - and while traveling for fun, business or family they do go see whatever sites we have. Most states' voters (excluding Florida, Mississippi and Texas) have all been resoundingly negative on anything related to the space program so to give those same whiners anything that has such a significance to the residents of those three states is a travesty but it's a done deal so onward we move. I honestly don't think visiting a shuttle is going to be high on the tourism list so it comes down to "meaning" and the shuttle just holds more significance for some cities than others - its part of their identity.

Last edited by texas7; 09-16-2011 at 10:36 AM..

Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Tourists are here whether just to be here or visiting family or on business - and while traveling for fun, business or family they do go see whatever sites we have.
LOL man

Old 09-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
That's an awfully crappy attitude coming from someone with "Thankful to God" in the header of their information. Are you one of those two-faced folks that lives like the world 6 1/2 days of the week, but acts like an angel Sunday mornings? I'll guess you'll say some hateful crap towards me now...
No, I'll save that for you and let you do that as it has been suggested that I need not feed the trolls. If someone's not happy - then its time to move on - pretty simple - find a new place that isn't so awful and boring. And yes I am thankful to God for every new day - perhaps that is why I am glass is half-full person. Thanks for asking. Shuttle decision has been made, kind of like red light decision - so probably time to fold this thread.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If someone's not happy - then its time to move on - pretty simple - find a new place that isn't so awful and boring.

Thats what the shuttle people did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston