Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is your Garage used for Parking or is it Mostly Storage
Used for Parking 22 66.67%
Im a Pack Rat only Storage 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:08 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,013,825 times

Advertisements

We have a 3.5 garage and 3 cars. All cars are parked inside, where they keep cool in the summer and clean and warm in the winter. The .5 side has our lawn mower, snow blower, trash and recycle bins and a few other odds and ends.

We use the unfinished part of the basement for storage. If we ever got to the point where that wasn't enough space, it would be time for a serious weeding. We're not even close to that point yet.

Unless we have visitors, our driveway is clear. And, by the way, we keep our garage doors closed unless we are entering or exiting. That's just the way it is in our neighborhood (every home has an attached garage). I think it makes for a very tidy appearance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 03:18 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,662,269 times
I have a one car garage and I have my minivan, the lawnmower, and the washer and dryer in there. The brutal southern sun will fade a paint job and crack a dash in no time. What I don't understand is my house was built in '73 and my garage is kinda narrow. My mid-size fits in there easily, but if I were to put a '73 model hoopty ride in there it would be wall to wall. What were they thinking back then.

Oh, and now I have a older Trans Am. I going to have to buy it a car cover or build a detached carport.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:22 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,118,959 times
I've got a single and a half garage... single door but it is half again as wide on one side. Works great as there should be room to put shelving and a bench on the back wall then all my gym stuff and bags on the side. It'll be a tight fit but when I'm out of town I can park the car in it too. I usually just leave the car in the driveway though.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:02 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,561,001 times
As we speak I am going through boxes of stuff getting rid of things we have not looked at for years. Tired of having all this "stuff" I don't need. Yes not only can we not park in the garage, we have paths in the garage to get around stuff and I have had it.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:38 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,496,000 times
2 car garage that I park 2 cars in. It also holds the lawnmower, bikes, yard tools, etc., but that's it. No storage.

My parents have a 3.5 car garage that they park all 3 large cars in, with room left over after their storage. It can be done if you aren't a pack rat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House