Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is your Garage used for Parking or is it Mostly Storage
Used for Parking 22 66.67%
Im a Pack Rat only Storage 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 05:51 PM

8 posts, read 47,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
My dad always used to say that your car was normally the second most expensive thing you owned in your life, your home being the first...of course your car is worth more then the junk you would put in your garage...I learned from him.

I do store things there, but my truck has to have a place to BE.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood but we have some teenagers who like to break into cars and take what they find...its just easier to keep it in the garage then worry whose car they are going to break in.
Yes, America... where we keep a $30k +/- vehicle out in the weather and a bunch of usless junk in a heated garage!
Been there done that! Now it's my Jeep in the garage and the worthless junk is gone! (er, well... more "aranged") Such a treat not to have to scrape the windows and brush off the snow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,300,520 times
thank god I could get my truck in the garage we had a surprise storm today with hail...WITH HAIL I TELL YOU...in Florida...

I couldn't believe my ears and eye...

Old 05-15-2007, 03:23 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times
For parking as it SHOULD be! I can't stand seeing cars parked on the street in my neighborhood; it just looks trashy to me.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:26 PM

I agree with you AND in makes it harder to drive down the road, I worry if some child or animal is going to run out from the other side of the car and I not be able to see them until too late...

I too have things stored in my garage, here you have to be careful what you put out there because of the humidity...

During the hurricane season of 2004, I would have had a tree on top of my car had I left it outside...that would have truly SUCKED.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:21 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,211,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
my option wasn't there
our garage is my husbands woodworking shop, so it is filled with table saws, planners, jointers and the such.

karla
OMG it sounds like my garage except all the toys are MINE

Old 05-16-2007, 12:27 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,171,193 times
We would not have even considered the wreck of a house we bought until my dear SO saw the 3 car detached garage. It's primarily a work-shop... like he says: There is no C-A-R in GARAGE. (Men. ) Thank goodness it extends over a carport and we have a long driveway!

Old 05-16-2007, 12:58 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,191,469 times
Quote:
like he says: There is no C-A-R in GARAGE.
IF he ever wants a truck, remind him there is also no T-R-U-C-K in garage! LOL

I have a one car garage but also JUST moved less than two weeks ago. So it will be for MY vehicle eventually but right now, there is no way on God's green earth that I can get it in there. I will eventually but right now, NO WAY. Liz

Old 05-16-2007, 01:07 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,952,470 times
We have 5 kids, so one side of the garage is chock full of bikes, carts, balls, misc. toys, as well as my wheelbarrow and a few tools. The family car sleeps in the other side, and my car sleeps in the driveway. The funniest thing about the whole deal is the MOUNTAIN of stuff next to the family van that is a collection of stuff I've cleaned out of that thing and no one ever put away- things like toys, raincoats, totebags, swim gear ...99% kid's stuff. I've threatened to chuck it all (who'd miss it?) but my wife usually intervenes.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 PM

24,484 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Sadly, for storage. Invest in storage centers to make money.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:59 PM

I have been taking things to Goodwill, to the local stores that sell used things, the second hand store for clothes, we even have a bookstore that sells used books...

I grew up in a family that held onto things and I feel I have to fight it almost daily...
Just because a memory is attached to something, doesn't mean the memory will be gone once you get rid of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House