Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,388,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
disapointing night for sure

nabby looked like the hard luck nabby of old - which was nice

unfortunately there wasn't that much in front of him

some nice flashes, but a whole lot of disappearing

if the sharsk could sustain the pressure they'd blow this series open - instead they put themselves in a position to have freak things happen - how many chances did they have to clear the zone in the last minute, more than enough to make it so a puck is never in the position to find a skate in front of the net

during intermissions and commercials i was flipping to the 'yotes game - was fun watching them battle with so much energy - every shift grinding and desperate

made the sharks maybe even seem to be a little more flat than they were

i don't know - i've loved the past few regular seasons - from MVPs, to goal scoring leaders, to records starts and record finishes, long streaks of putting up 40+ shots .... just some very entertaining hockey

this season all I could focus on was the playoffs though - how would they look in the playoffs

I almost miss the late sutter early ron wilson days when the gritty sharks would battle hard luck and favored teams to raise hell in the playoffs - when scott hannan was taking forsberg off his game instead of completely eliminating patrick marleau

when they'd grind the cycle and just physically take it out of teams ..... sure, it eventually caught up to them - but they weren't expected to be cup contenders and it was always exciting

now the expectations take some of the fun out of it

i also cringe everytime the wallin/huskins pairing gets on the ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishnevada View Post
I flashed back to the playoffs of last year. It was the same thing, different year. No intensity, making dumb mistakes, getting beat to the puck. Very dissapointing. I'm not giving up. The Avs are a decent team and the Sharks could get back on track, but it looked to familiar to just pass off as a fluke.
I was at the game and as you said, there were flashes but for the most part they were flat. For a playoff game, the fans were taken out of the game by Colorado.

Oh well... hope they get their act together Friday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM

YouTube - Dan Boyle Own Goal in Overtime vs Avalanche - WCQF 2010 (HD)

All I can say is...

You gotta be f* kiddin' me

Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post

YouTube - Dan Boyle Own Goal in Overtime vs Avalanche - WCQF 2010 (HD)

All I can say is...

You gotta be f* kiddin' me

How do you lose a game when outshooting your opponent 51-16?

How do you lose a game when your opponent doesn't beat your goaltender?

I hope I'm wrong, but I no longer expect the Sharks to win this series.

When it comes to the playoffs, it's like they're cursed...

Old 04-19-2010, 06:26 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,826,766 times
The most bizarre ending to a game that I've ever seen. Sharks have dominated all games and especially this game with 50 shots on goals and pretty much controlled the puck and yet gave the goal away?

I've been a Sharks fan since start and our big success were the upsets of Red Wings and Flames in the playoffs. Why are we unlucky now?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:27 PM

If Boyle's puck was not deflected, that is not a goal.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM

We also missed Heatley for PP's.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM

I think Sharks will win game 4 and 5, lose game 6 and win game 7.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I think Sharks will win game 4 and 5, lose game 6 and win game 7.
The only thing that gives me hope that you're right is how unlucky the Sharks have been. A winning goal off of Blake's skate, a goal off of Vlasik's throat, and then the last game. The Aves are playing hard and I'm not making light of them, but if the Sharks can avoid these fluke plays and continue to press the way they have been, there is still a good chance of them taking the series.

Go Sharks!

Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
The only thing that gives me hope that you're right is how unlucky the Sharks have been. A winning goal off of Blake's skate, a goal off of Vlasik's throat, and then the last game. The Aves are playing hard and I'm not making light of them, but if the Sharks can avoid these fluke plays and continue to press the way they have been, there is still a good chance of them taking the series.

Go Sharks!
Anderson is the big reason why Avs are 2-1 right now. Sharks need to put bodies up front to get rebounds.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:33 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,239,344 times
yep - they are getting the shots through, but missing the scoring opportunities those shots create

many times last game they were just a step slow to a rebound, fanned on a bouncing puck in front of the net, etc

those are the ones they need to get contact on and battles they need to win - at that point the defense is scrambling and not blocking out good shooting lanes and the goalie is out of position
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey