Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,434,858 times

Advertisements

Just wondering, thats all. If so, whos your team? Share some pics/stories/etc about your fave team.

Im a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan, no matter how bad theyve been sucking lately! Er, you know, not having won the Cup since '61 and all. Im a big fan of the Original 6, so I naturally side with them a bit more. Here are some pics from a few games this year. Share some of yours!

Legends:

2 hours before the game:

On hallowed grounds:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/BWUCHawkssymbol.jpg (broken link)

Earlier game this year against Boston (another Original 6 team):
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/Verticallineforfaceoff.jpg (broken link)

My first attempt at a collage of United Center, didnt exactly work as planned:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/UnitedCentercollage.jpg (broken link)

During a game against Minnesota:

The center ice logo:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/1037.jpg (broken link)

Before the game against Minnesota:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/1032.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 PM

Oops! Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. DOH! Could someone move this to Other Topics for me?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:24 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,910,002 times
I've got a few pics from Dallas Stars games but not many. None that I can download though . I've got some of Stars players though . I'm a HUGE fan of the Dallas Stars (GO STARS)! I will be at ALL of the NHL All-Star events next week. I'm sure I will have TONS of pics from that event. WOO-HOO

Old 01-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Very cool! Please do post some pics when you can, Id love to see em! So I take it youre also a Minnesota fan maybe? Maybe? LOL

GO HAWKS!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:24 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,332,781 times
Jersey Devils, of course!!!! No stories, but we've taken a kids to a few games (hopefully again soon), I was hoping they'd get to witness a fight on the ice, but of course, no excitement on those nights (which is odd). Anyway, they're our team.

GO DEVILS!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:53 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,486,955 times
Detroit Red Wings!

Remember the Colorado/Detroit rilvary at its' peak? Loved to watch them games!

Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM

booo- detriot. YUCK!!!
Have you ever gone to any of their home games? How are the fans there? Here at Dallas games, OMYG!!!! They are RUDE. There are always fans from other teams at every game but the red wings fans come out in force and get just plain obnoxious. The last time the guys behind me were and were HORRIBLE! What was funny was that for supposedly being an older team, from that area, been around hockey all your life you would think they actually would KNOW the rules? NOT! Totally clueless. My 8 year old knew the rules more than they did. They were yelling for penalty for a two line pass. LMAO!!! Just wondering how they are at home games.

Oh, I plan on taking LOTS of pics at all of the All-Star events. I can not wait. We are season ticket holders since 96-97. Never went to a hockey game till the Stars came to Dallas. So no, I'm not a Minnesota fan.

Fights, OMY, LOVE the fights. Have to have some players that want to be scrappy. That is why I LOVED Churla. And everyone wants to pick on Barnaby. He gets into a fight just about every game. The refs don't let them get to carried way.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:20 PM

Speaking of the All-Star events, if you can get to Dallas next week the Stars have some tickets available. At least they still did earlier this week. The NHL got their cut right off the bat and then just returned some last week that they did not need.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
booo- detriot. YUCK!!!
Have you ever gone to any of their home games? How are the fans there? Here at Dallas games, OMYG!!!! They are RUDE. There are always fans from other teams at every game but the red wings fans come out in force and get just plain obnoxious. The last time the guys behind me were and were HORRIBLE! What was funny was that for supposedly being an older team, from that area, been around hockey all your life you would think they actually would KNOW the rules? NOT! Totally clueless. My 8 year old knew the rules more than they did. They were yelling for penalty for a two line pass. LMAO!!! Just wondering how they are at home games.

Oh, I plan on taking LOTS of pics at all of the All-Star events. I can not wait. We are season ticket holders since 96-97. Never went to a hockey game till the Stars came to Dallas. So no, I'm not a Minnesota fan.

Fights, OMY, LOVE the fights. Have to have some players that want to be scrappy. That is why I LOVED Churla. And everyone wants to pick on Barnaby. He gets into a fight just about every game. The refs don't let them get to carried way.
Ya see, teams like Dallas are just expansion teams (BOO!!!!!!!) with new fans that could care less about the team, they just go to hang out at the stadium and have fun for one night, 90% of them couldnt name more than 2 players on the team. Detroit is one of the Original 6 teams dating back to 1926 (Same with my hawks), theyll always have a loyal following, regardless how bad theyre doing, and most of them have relocated so home games for other teams are usually full or Wings jerseys. These expansion teams shouldnt complain. Theyre new with no history, clueless crowds, in places where hockey doesnt belong. LMBO Hockey in the desert??? Thats just wrong! Just my opinion....

I can tolerate the Stars because theyre actually the old Minnesota NorthStars, a team I used to like watching as a kid. Yes, the Coyotes came from Winnipeg originally, but I just cant stand to see hockey played in the desert, BLAH!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Detroit Red Wings!

Remember the Colorado/Detroit rilvary at its' peak? Loved to watch them games!
Those were GREAT games!!!! Coupla nail-biters in there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey