Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:35 AM

117 posts, read 430,859 times

Advertisements

Because of where I am, I will get to see a Bruins game, truthfully
I root for the Tampa Bay Lightning, I love to hate The Maple Leafs...and depending on how the Penguins play I root for them too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 11:41 AM

25 posts, read 97,739 times
I have been a hockey fan for many years. I grew up passionately following the Bruins, back in the Orr amd Esposito days. Now I live in Florida and love the Tampa Bay Lightning. I attended the Stanley Cup Parade in 2004 and enjoyed being part of that historic time for the Lightning. I am eagerly watching and hoping that the Lighting will beat the Devils this year in the quarterfinals and move on the Stanley Cup Playoff.
Diane

Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Go Rangers!

Just scored 32 seconds into the game

Old 04-18-2007, 11:52 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Got the foil
Just hope we get to keep it out a little longer
Dallas needs to step it up and SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! Forget Marty, he is doing a GREAT job but he can not stop EVERY SINGLE PUCK EVERY GAME!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:12 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,841 times
Hey rabbitlover:

Quote:
I love to hate The Maple Leafs

Here's an old Toronto Maple Leaf joke for you:

A runaway boy was being interviewed by Child Services.

"Would you like to live with your Dad?", the social worker asked.

"Nope," replied the boy. "My Dad beats me."

"Oh, you better go live with your Mom then", the social worker opined.

"No way," the kid said." My Mom beats me too."

"Well who would you like to live with then?", asked the social worker.

"The Toronto Maple Leafs," the very wise boy said. "They don't beat anyone."

Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,837 times
Lookit what happens when Scott Gomez finally decides to shoot the puck... I am so relieved. I am not ready for hockey season to end yet...

Old 04-19-2007, 09:35 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Lookit what happens when Scott Gomez finally decides to shoot the puck... I am so relieved. I am not ready for hockey season to end yet...
You mean shooting the puck actuallt lets one score. WOW! What a novel idea. I'm only saying this as it is one of the biggest gripes I have w/ my beloved Stars. SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can not score if you don't shoot. Every shot not taken is a goal missed. It drives me friggin crazy as they will pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, etc and it will get stolen from them before they even get a shot off.

If the season is going to end for the Stars before the Playoff round then it better be in this round. It would save me a TON of money. Is that not sad or what?

Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 PM

793 posts, read 3,121,663 times
I might have alot more interest in professional hockey if there was still the Winnipeg Jets and Quebec Nordiques of the world, not Nashville, Tampa, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Good grief. Can the Apocalypse be far behind?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 AM

423 posts, read 1,930,631 times
Anaheim is a great and succesful franchise

Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Unknown Stuntman, I have to agree. These new expansion teams suck. I cannot stand seeing hockey played in deserts or tropical climates, thats just wrong. Im a purist and a big Original 6 fan, these expansion teams can go take a long walk off a short pier. LOL

Oh, its the Anaheim Ducks, they dropped the "mighty" moniker thank goodness. Did you know that when they announced the name, purists were madder than mad? LOL I dont blame em! Anaheim then tried to affix "Mighty" before each players' name on their sweaters! For example, when Kariya played for Anaheim, his name would have been "Mighty Kariya". How stupid and childish can you get?!?!?! No wonder Canada is pissed at us! LOL

And I also agree about bringing back the Jets and Nordiques. What an insult to Canada to ship their team to Phoenix. That STILL pisses me off!!!!! And bring back the Whalers too! Get em out of Carolina, thats no hockey town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey