Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 12:07 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,237,767 times

Advertisements

yeah - he's shown a couple flashes of aggression - but hasn't been able to sustain it

in the past it's been inconsistency - this year we're not even getting a good run of the peak

the guy has good size, speed and skill .... he's be a deadly playoff style player if he'd just commit to wanting to destroy people out there and make them look bad

just not in his make up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 03:02 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,824,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Nabby was solid in game 4. Pavs has saved the series.....but where are Thornton and Marleau?

Between the two, they have 0 goals and 3 assists. That's just not good enough. If the Sharks are going to have a serious playoff run, those two have got to quit the disappearing act.....
Marleau and Thornton will show up in 2nd round. Lets close this series quick.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:03 PM

Sharks will win easily tonight.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 AM

871 posts, read 2,692,016 times
And sure enough they did, as a Sharks fan (Diehard, i.e. I live, breathe and eat Sharks hockey) who had to leave the Bay Area and move to TX, I was happy to stay up late last night to watch the Sharks most lopsided playoff win in franchise history!

Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Sharks will win easily tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
And sure enough they did, as a Sharks fan (Diehard, i.e. I live, breathe and eat Sharks hockey) who had to leave the Bay Area and move to TX, I was happy to stay up late last night to watch the Sharks most lopsided playoff win in franchise history!

Nice win last night. More domination by the Sharks, only this time it showed up on the scoreboard. No reason they can't finish this off in six.

Big goal by Marleau too. I know it was the 5th goal, but if he can get untracked and Nabby keeps playing well..the Sharks could go a long way. We're getting great secondary scoring..

I just wish Heatley wasn't injured. Whatever is wrong with him (there's talk of a groin) it's adversely affecting his game..

Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
I told you. It was a blowout! We took Anderson out of the game! Game 6 won't be easy. It will be a nail biter.

You live in Texas too? What made you move?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 PM

We have minor leagues scoring goals.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:31 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,980,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Nice win last night. More domination by the Sharks, only this time it showed up on the scoreboard. No reason they can't finish this off in six.

Big goal by Marleau too. I know it was the 5th goal, but if he can get untracked and Nabby keeps playing well..the Sharks could go a long way. We're getting great secondary scoring..

I just wish Heatley wasn't injured. Whatever is wrong with him (there's talk of a groin) it's adversely affecting his game..

Beating the Avs in 6 games is hardly "domination" especially when they had to come from behind to win game 6.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:47 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Beating the Avs in 6 games is hardly "domination" especially when they had to come from behind to win game 6.
Then you weren't watching the series. Like many sports fans suffering from East Coast bias, you think you know everything even though you are asleep the majority of the time when the games out west are on. So it goes with baseball, so it goes with hockey..

The Sharks literally dominated in puck possession and SOG..averaging 40.8 SOG to the Avs 24.8..

Several of the games were so one side it looked like the Sharks were on the PP 80% of the time..only Anderson kept the Avs in the series. Even then, the two Col. wins came on fluke goals..

Too bad the Flyers won't be making it to the finals....the Sharks would love to slap them around some..

Last edited by Upton; 04-25-2010 at 05:07 PM..

Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM

Avs won 2 games by Sharks scoring at their own net. Other then that Sharks dominated the Avs in every category. NEXT!

Boyle can forget about Game 3 OT as he got his redemption by scoring quicky the next game and then a hard shot to tie the game last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey