Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Sharks will bounce back. Excellent goal tending by Chicago just like Avs did with Sharks. Sharks will get to Neimi soon. I still see Sharks winning in Game 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 03:17 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
This is the playoffs. Red Wings also won season series against the Sharks in regular season,. Also Sharks have good reset and Blackhawks don't.
Quote:
Sharks in 6 or 7. Blackhawks don't have much of a chance against the Sharks who have been dominating so far in the playoffs.
Quote:
Sharks will bounce back. Excellent goal tending by Chicago just like Avs did with Sharks. Sharks will get to Neimi soon. I still see Sharks winning in Game 7.
What are you going to say when the Hawks sweep these clowns?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
What are you going to say when the Hawks sweep these clowns?
Trust me on this. This series won't be a sweep.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:55 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
It was a sweep, but a choke this time? Not too sure, they got past Detroit for the 1st time in 2 or 3 playoff times and came back to overtake Colorado after falling behind in that series. However, getting swept, is maybe, a choke. A competitive series against Chicago and/or going to the cup finals, well, that clearly would have not been a choke, but some media are trying to lay the choke label on the Sharks, after this one.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:49 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
It was a sweep, but a choke this time? Not too sure, they got past Detroit for the 1st time in 2 or 3 playoff times and came back to overtake Colorado after falling behind in that series. However, getting swept, is maybe, a choke. A competitive series against Chicago and/or going to the cup finals, well, that clearly would have not been a choke, but some media are trying to lay the choke label on the Sharks, after this one.
I haven't hesitated to say that the Sharks choked in the past. They have... in my opinion.

But I don't think so this time. The games were close either decided late or in OT. And I don't think that there was a lack of effort on the part of the Sharks. I didn't expect a sweep by any stretch of the imagination but even though they have been swept, I can't label this bunch as chokers. I think they gave a great effort and I appreciate how they didn't quit.

Will there be changes during the off season? Of course... My initial guess is that Nabby will go. He'll be a free agent and they'll have to use that money elsewhere to retain others.

We'll see....

And, as I said in another post, I'm pulling for the Blackhawks to go all the way now. I still remember the last time they won the cup!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:33 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I haven't hesitated to say that the Sharks choked in the past. They have... in my opinion.

But I don't think so this time. The games were close either decided late or in OT. And I don't think that there was a lack of effort on the part of the Sharks. I didn't expect a sweep by any stretch of the imagination but even though they have been swept, I can't label this bunch as chokers. I think they gave a great effort and I appreciate how they didn't quit.

Will there be changes during the off season? Of course... My initial guess is that Nabby will go. He'll be a free agent and they'll have to use that money elsewhere to retain others.

We'll see....

And, as I said in another post, I'm pulling for the Blackhawks to go all the way now. I still remember the last time they won the cup!

I think your forwards and goaltending are ok but its your defense that needs tweeking. They just were overwhelmed at times by Chicago and were not big enough to handle them physically either.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I think your forwards and goaltending are ok but its your defense that needs tweeking. They just were overwhelmed at times by Chicago and were not big enough to handle them physically either.
They definitely had problems with Franzen and Buyfuglien.

I don't disagree with your observation concerning the D-men.
I'm guessing that Blake will retire.... which leaves:

Boyle
Murray
Vlasic
Huskins (Unrestricted free agent)
Wallin
Demers
Leach

They'll keep Boyle and Vlasic.... and probably Murray but I have a feeling that if they think they can upgrade any of the others without paying a lot more, they will.

The Mercury News had a good article yesterday on "Now what?"

San Jose Sharks face tough choices in offseason - San Jose Mercury News

Old 06-23-2010, 10:00 AM

Default Good luck Nabby!

I don't think this will come to anyone as a surprise but, the Sharks GM Doug Wilson told Nabby yesterday that he wasn't part of the future plans for the Sharks. I'll miss him but, as the reports indicate, I guess it had to be done.

Stories....
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_15353885?source=rss

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_15351818?source=rss

Some names mentioned as possible veteran goalies that may come to San Jose:

Marty Turco (he's always played well against the Sharks)
Chris Mason
Michael Leighton and
Jose Theodore

And they still have Greiss with Stalock in Worcester.

Last edited by Bagger; 06-23-2010 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Original first link didn't directly go to article.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:55 AM

Sharks should have got Halak. So why won't they resign Nabby?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Sharks should have got Halak. So why won't they resign Nabby?
Salary cap.... Nabby made somewhere around $6 million last year and Marleau along with others ares also coming up for resigning.

I think the logic was:

Nabby is 35, not getting any younger. He will take a large cut of the cap, and they intend to resign Marleau (who is younger than Nabby), Pavelski, Setaguchi and Nichols (and maybe Wallin is in the mix). They couldn't afford everyone and now these days, it seems you can go deep into the playoffs and even win the cup without what many would consider top of the line goalies.

The articles I linked have more detail if you wish to read them.

Like I said, there were a lot of folks here in San Jose that were expecting this.

Last edited by Bagger; 06-23-2010 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Edited last line for clarification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey