Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 07:25 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter29680 View Post
I hope I'm not being taken too seriously. I do like Five Guys best, but I am well aware that everyone can have a different opinion (even though mine is the right one). I like having a good-spirited argument over something that doesn't really matter at all. lol

But, seriously, the cheese does melt nicely on a Five Guys burger!!

Isn't Fuddrucker's even more expensive than Five Guys?? They certainly aren't much cheaper, if any!
The one time I went to the Simpsonville location, I could have eaten at Fudds cheaper for basically the same burger. I do like Fudds, but dont eat there too much. I like Bad Daddys, and eat there more than I should!

Old 04-26-2018, 07:45 AM

453 posts, read 646,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter29680 View Post
Isn't Fuddrucker's even more expensive than Five Guys?? They certainly aren't much cheaper, if any!
For lunch, anyway, I can get a 1/3 lb. bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a drink for $10.79 at Fuddrucker's (and that's with tax). That'd be $16.06 at Five Guys.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:17 PM

503 posts, read 692,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes the new construction has started directly in front of Ingles (Not Take5 further down). They were digging up the asphalt today.
Yeah its down in front of Ingles were all the action is happening now. The Oil change place is down on the other end next to walgreens.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:30 AM

28 posts, read 31,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
For lunch, anyway, I can get a 1/3 lb. bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a drink for $10.79 at Fuddrucker's (and that's with tax). That'd be $16.06 at Five Guys.
or $5 at cook-out

Old 04-28-2018, 05:53 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,607,776 times
^^^Exactly. IMO, for the price, Cook Out is fantastic. Most burger places in Greenville are overpriced (CO being the exception). Additionally, we like to cook our own burgers at home - MUCH better tasting and cheaper.
Now, as of January, my family has eliminated beef and just eat poultry/fish. We only eat out once or twice a week - usually patronizing local restaurants. Most restaurants (esp chains) serve overpriced garbage (it's all about $) - just look at the obesity rates in the US/SC.
During the next significant economic downturn (and there WILL be one), nearly all of these ridiculous, duplicated restaurants will go out of business.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:00 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,868,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
^^^Exactly. IMO, for the price, Cook Out is fantastic. Most burger places in Greenville are overpriced (CO being the exception). Additionally, we like to cook our own burgers at home - MUCH better tasting and cheaper.
Now, as of January, my family has eliminated beef and just eat poultry/fish. We only eat out once or twice a week - usually patronizing local restaurants. Most restaurants (esp chains) serve overpriced garbage (it's all about $) - just look at the obesity rates in the US/SC.
During the next significant economic downturn (and there WILL be one), nearly all of these ridiculous, duplicated restaurants will go out of business.
I am so glad that there are other like-minded people here! I have actually stopped eating meat altogether- except when we go out I will occasionally have fish. Even the restaurants that do not serve garbage are usually so overpriced. When we do go out it is generally to a whole in the wall place, like the Colombian one on Laurens Rd. in Mauldin. Love Saffron as well. We do not need any more burger places.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:48 AM

453 posts, read 646,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outz View Post
or $5 at cook-out
I've only eaten at Cook Out twice (at two different locations, for whatever it's worth), and the burgers were overcooked and dry both times. Maybe that's not representative of what Cook Out is usually like, but after two not-so-great experiences, I'm not in a rush to give them another shot.

Quote:
Now, as of January, my family has eliminated beef and just eat poultry/fish. We only eat out once or twice a week - usually patronizing local restaurants.
I generally avoid national chains as well. Among the places we've eaten over the past few months are Low Country Shrimper, Cucina 100, Tipsy Taco, Nose Dive, Little Pigs BBQ, Jianna, The Lazy Chicken, Smoky Dreams, Mary's Lunchbox, and ASADA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
We do not need any more burger places.
I don't eat burgers that often (maybe once every 6-8 weeks anymore?), but after nearly 20 years in Greenville, I still haven't found a burger place here I love yet. I'm usually by myself when I have one, so I prefer counter service, and that's extremely limiting (which is why Five Guys and Fuddrucker's wind up being my mainstays). I've had plenty of good experiences at LTO, Grill Marks, and Bad Daddy's (even though I don't think the franchised one here lives up to the originals in NC), but I haven't fallen head over heels in love the way I have with my favorite restaurants in Greenville. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say Nose Dive (which isn't a burger place, exactly), although that really depends on what their Burger of the Day is.

So, I do disagree, and I'd be onboard with more burger places, as long as they're good.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:26 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,868,726 times
Adam Tyner- back when I did eat burgers my favorite place was the one in TR- the Northwest Grill. It is a real dive, but I love the atmosphere and friendliness.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:43 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times
Quote:
Cook-Out is indeed very good for the price, and the food is good overall. It has gained popularity in the last 5 years since expanding from NC.

As for the national chains available locally, I prefer Wendy's and Culver's. And the Wayback is pretty good also. But they are all a bit pricey. If Hardee's would return the Superstar and Big Carl (Big Twin) burgers like sister chain Carl's Jr, I would prefer them a bit more. And I like the variety at Jack in the Box, but some locations can be hit or miss in terms of quality.

Burger chains I would like to see are Roy Rogers, Whataburger, or In N Out. And a Big Boy.

And when I get a chance to visit Charlotte, I would like to check out the new Shake Shack.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:09 PM

292 posts, read 344,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I've only eaten at Cook Out twice (at two different locations, for whatever it's worth), and the burgers were overcooked and dry both times. Maybe that's not representative of what Cook Out is usually like, but after two not-so-great experiences, I'm not in a rush to give them another shot.

I generally avoid national chains as well. Among the places we've eaten over the past few months are Low Country Shrimper, Cucina 100, Tipsy Taco, Nose Dive, Little Pigs BBQ, Jianna, The Lazy Chicken, Smoky Dreams, Mary's Lunchbox, and ASADA.

I don't eat burgers that often (maybe once every 6-8 weeks anymore?), but after nearly 20 years in Greenville, I still haven't found a burger place here I love yet. I'm usually by myself when I have one, so I prefer counter service, and that's extremely limiting (which is why Five Guys and Fuddrucker's wind up being my mainstays). I've had plenty of good experiences at LTO, Grill Marks, and Bad Daddy's (even though I don't think the franchised one here lives up to the originals in NC), but I haven't fallen head over heels in love the way I have with my favorite restaurants in Greenville. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say Nose Dive (which isn't a burger place, exactly), although that really depends on what their Burger of the Day is.

So, I do disagree, and I'd be onboard with more burger places, as long as they're good.
No mention of Red Robin? Yummmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area