Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 AM

70 posts, read 67,638 times

Advertisements

Re: Ingles on Butler. I believe i read somewhere in one of these threads that it was going to be a Jiffy-lube type place. I went by it this past weekend on my way to Ace Hardware and it sure looks like a quick-change oil place.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Take 5 Oil Change is opening at 110 West Butler Road, Mauldin, South Carolina 29662-2535. It was previously Little Pig's Bar-B-Q.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:16 PM

29 posts, read 29,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
In n Out is 100x's better than 5 guys. 5 guys doesn't even melt the cheese, the slap it on right before the wrap the burger. Look at this and tell me it isn't amazing:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...adOlDed--vWRM:

We're flying to LA in a few weeks and the first thing after we land and pick up our rental car is hit the In n Out next to LAX. Double Double Animal Style; can't wait!
Your experience must have been the exception, rather than the rule.
My cheese is always melted with Five Guys. In fact, Five Guys will give you extra cheese on your burger for free! The ratio of bread, to burger, to cheese with Five Guys is perfect. The picture on your link looks pretty, but not nearly as appetizing as a Five Guys burger. Also, a hot burger straight off the grill WILL melt the cheese. That is a fact. So, maybe wait a few seconds before you take a bite. Problem solved. I'll take a delicious, sloppy burger any day over one that just looks pretty in a picture.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
In N Out just came out on top as the #1 burger chain on a recent survey. Culver's and Five Guys were next. It has been a while since I have dined at In N Out but would like to visit again. But don't know when I will make it to Texas or California.
Where is this survey you referenced? The last one I saw from 2017 showed that Five Guys is beating In N Out. Is there a newer one?

https://www.today.com/food/five-guys...-chain-t111691

Old 04-25-2018, 12:38 PM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter29680 View Post
Where is this survey you referenced?
I think he's referring to this one by Market Force.

I like Five Guys well enough, but a cheeseburger, fries, and drink there run $15, and I could eat at a place like Bad Daddy's or Grill Marks (with better food and more options) for less or maybe $1-$2 more, before tip.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I think he's referring to this one by Market Force.

I like Five Guys well enough, but a cheeseburger, fries, and drink there run $15, and I could eat at a place like Bad Daddy's or Grill Marks (with better food and more options) for less or maybe $1-$2 more, before tip.
That Market Force survey is older than the one I posted.
Five Guys isn't cheap, I agree. I'm not a huge fan of the fries.
I do love the Parmesan truffle fries at Grill Marks!! So good!

Old 04-25-2018, 02:06 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Your experience must have been the exception, rather than the rule.
My cheese is always melted with Five Guys. In fact, Five Guys will give you extra cheese on your burger for free! The ratio of bread, to burger, to cheese with Five Guys is perfect. The picture on your link looks pretty, but not nearly as appetizing as a Five Guys burger. Also, a hot burger straight off the grill WILL melt the cheese. That is a fact. So, maybe wait a few seconds before you take a bite. Problem solved. I'll take a delicious, sloppy burger any day over one that just looks pretty in a picture.
No it's not. Any five guys anywhere in the country they slap the cheese on right before they wrap it. That is a fact. That is my pet peeve with five guys.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:23 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStatesSoFar View Post
Re: Ingles on Butler. I believe i read somewhere in one of these threads that it was going to be a Jiffy-lube type place. I went by it this past weekend on my way to Ace Hardware and it sure looks like a quick-change oil place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Take 5 Oil Change is opening at 110 West Butler Road, Mauldin, South Carolina 29662-2535. It was previously Little Pig's Bar-B-Q.
Yes the new construction has started directly in front of Ingles (Not Take5 further down). They were digging up the asphalt today.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:03 PM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
Quote:
That Market Force survey is older than the one I posted.
Sorry, I linked to last year's, although the one from a week ago has In-N-Out above Five Guys too.

...but this is the sort of thing where there could be five polls with five completely different results, so it's all good.

(Controversially, I'd rather eat at Fuddrucker's over Five Guys just because I like thicker patties and can order 'em medium there. I'm still a sucker for Five Guys' fries, though!)

Old 04-26-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Sorry, I linked to last year's, although the one from a week ago has In-N-Out above Five Guys too.

...but this is the sort of thing where there could be five polls with five completely different results, so it's all good.

(Controversially, I'd rather eat at Fuddrucker's over Five Guys just because I like thicker patties and can order 'em medium there. I'm still a sucker for Five Guys' fries, though!)
I hope I'm not being taken too seriously. I do like Five Guys best, but I am well aware that everyone can have a different opinion (even though mine is the right one). I like having a good-spirited argument over something that doesn't really matter at all. lol

But, seriously, the cheese does melt nicely on a Five Guys burger!!

Isn't Fuddrucker's even more expensive than Five Guys?? They certainly aren't much cheaper, if any!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area