Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2022, 01:37 PM

34 posts, read 23,619 times

Advertisements

Rent is getting out of hand in Greenville and Anderson is worse:

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2022/09/...ent-prices-us/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 09:23 AM

1,290 posts, read 782,504 times
Another good thing about a vacation to Greenville and / or Upstate is flooding isn't a big possibility like Charleston.

https://www.counton2.com/news/local-...-charleston-2/

I made a mistake upthread when I said Charleston doesn't have a state park in metro. Charles Town Landing is a state park. I'm surprised a person with the screenname CharlestonData didn't catch that, especially because it has Charleston's only zoo.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 18,741,137 times
There are a few areas to avoid when it rains heavily, a few more when it rains heavily at high tide, especially with a king tide. It’s not a dealbreaker for those who love the coast, especially since the water drains so quickly. Fixes are coming.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:15 PM

Busted ya say?

A study says Charleston is the nation’s second most lucrative place for Airbnb hosts.

“The study attributes Charleston’s allure to its location, waterfront views, beaches, fine dining, and attractions to suit all interests.”

Another excerpt - little repetitive:
Hosts can maximize their profits, thanks to Charleston’s renowned top-notch attractions, fine dining, beautiful beaches, waterfront views of the harbor, and a wealth of hidden gems.

https://www.counton2.com/news/local-...3Mjfb0lrrJQw4M

Old 09-27-2022, 09:36 AM

That's bad news from a tourist perspective.

Old 09-27-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
That's bad news from a tourist perspective.
You’re funny. There are plenty of hotel rooms with the market calling for more. The city has clamped down on large hotels, allowing only a handful (4 or 5) more to make it in under the wire for approval, with a limited amount of time for extensions before they have to p*** or get off the pot. Boutique hotels of 50 or fewer rooms will still be allowed. But whatever the cost, tourists love coming here, and the market will dictate how high they’ll go. Not busted.

Old 09-27-2022, 12:54 PM

I think cost is an important aspect to tourism, especially during times of high gas prices and inflation.

Charleston limiting hotel rooms downtown is driving up the rates.

The most affordable hotels in the Charleston area are probably around Ashley Phosphate Rd in N Charlet which is not appealing aesthetically. You'll probably be paying over 100 a night to stay in a dumpy hotel down there.

Old 09-27-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
I think cost is an important aspect to tourism, especially during times of high gas prices and inflation.

Charleston limiting hotel rooms downtown is driving up the rates.

The most affordable hotels in the Charleston area are probably around Ashley Phosphate Rd in N Charlet which is not appealing aesthetically. You'll probably be paying over 100 a night to stay in a dumpy hotel down there.
That area is changing and is about to boom big time to coincide with rapid bus transit with state-of-the-art stations and clustered development surrounding the stations, from Hanahan to MUSC, with around 2027 as the targeted completion date. Dynamic is the word.

Like a New York business man who just bought a four-story law office on Broad Street to convert it into a broadcast recording studio and residences says, “the private investment coming into Charleston is incredible, and the market hasn’t even begun to realize its potential,” calling Charleston “an exceptionally vibrant city.”

Old 09-28-2022, 01:19 PM

I guess this belongs in the Charleston forum.

“Seven Charleston area restaurants were recognized on Tripadvisor’s latest Best of the Best Restaurants for 2022 list, giving the Holy City more nominees than any other city in the country.”

https://www.postandcourier.com/food/...0e236aa12.html

Old 09-28-2022, 06:51 PM

Is there any tourist city that doesn't have highly rated restaurants? That comes with the hype.

I've decided to go to Nags Head / Outer Banks in NC for my next beach vacation. I like less built up places for vacations.

The Outer Banks has wild horses on the beaches.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 09-28-2022 at 07:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area