Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 08:00 PM

45,595 posts, read 60,922,955 times

Advertisements

And of course you are once again obtuse.

If you think for one minute that if any of these politicians thought there was an opening to ban all firearms and they wouldn't you are being naive. Which a person of your age should not be.

You mentioned being a hunter. The 2nd Amendment doesn't reference hunting. That's one thing the NRA tries to stress, that banning one "type" of firearm as the most dangerous now makes the next one the most dangerous. One only needs look at Australia to see that in action. First went the semi-autos like the Browning A-5, then came the Remington 870 pumps, now SxS's and O/U's are in the crosshairs.

As to your NRA link, I'll refrain from any snarky comment about lack of reading comprehension.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 04-02-2010 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: added thoughts

Old 04-02-2010, 08:17 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,187,260 times
Your argument that you are scared s***less that they will keep expanding the ban, does not offer any evidence whatsoever that anybody has ever said they want to take away every gun. The only thing your argument says is that it is really easy to scare big strong brave gun-nuts s***less.

I'm still waiting for just one citation of just one person who has ever said, with full context shown, that he/she is in favor of confiscating every firearm from every private American.

Please get help. Paranoia can be treated.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,016,333 times
Why, so you can dance and side step all the more. It would be pointless.

Like I said I will be closely following Vermont, and hope the law is passed there to force non gun owners to either buy a gun, or pay a tax of 500 dollars a year. You progressives should love that since you love taxes so much.

You gotta be a blind man to not have notice bans called for the past 40 years.

In fact this stinking progressivism is the main cause of the gun culture. What we fear is repeat offenerd out on paroll, you pets.

You think you're safe, but I promise you that even if you live in a gated comminity top shelf you are not. That only works till the gate keepr quits.

The elderly are often times victims disarmed by the state. That has had a deep and personal effect on me. I am and will remain bitter towards the system of injustice for the release of your pets, and any time i get the chance to remove the progressive ill pets I will.

1 down many to go.... 1 more and I will be even, but still bitter.
Living in fear is something that never crosses my mind..

Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,680,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Your argument that you are scared s***less that they will keep expanding the ban, does not offer any evidence whatsoever that anybody has ever said they want to take away every gun. The only thing your argument says is that it is really easy to scare big strong brave gun-nuts s***less.

I'm still waiting for just one citation of just one person who has ever said, with full context shown, that he/she is in favor of confiscating every firearm from every private American.

Please get help. Paranoia can be treated.
I fail to understand what 'paranoia' has to do with anything being discussed here. OK, so, you state that no US politician has ever called for a general ban on private ownership of firearms, that all that has ever been called for was bans on certain types of 'non sporting' guns such as those evil 'assault rifles'. You then defend these ohhhh so pure motives, citing that same old limp **** argument that 'nobody needs an 'assault rifle' anyway, so what is the problem with that. I have a problem with it, mainly because of what your politician buddies want to classify as an 'assault rifle'. My AR,M1A, LR, and just about ANY other firearm that takes a detachable mag is an "assault weapon' by the idiotic standards you champion. Then you , again, lapse into the insulting drivel about 'big , brave gun nuts', and crowing from the same **** stained post, about your own , unique and undeniable, intellect and qualifications to comment on this issue.() ooooooo, you were in ROTC and got a good score on an AQT, impressive. Dots, whoopdee f'in doo. You 'grew up with firearms', so did I, and a LOT of other folks. Again, nothing special.() You like the term "gun nuts', I find it insulting and childish, but that matches your intent in using the term, don't it. So, in your infinite wisdom, explain what is so wrong about owning an AR 15 or other semi auto service style arm, and why private citizens should not be allowed to own them. perhaps a decent point/counterpoint can be built on from there, without falling into s*** talk about 'gun nuts' and such, preferably, but suit yerself...............

Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I fail to understand what 'paranoia' has to do with anything being discussed here.

par·a·noi·a

2. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

If you suspect it is the motives of others to confiscate all guns from all private Americans, when in fact nobody can cite a single person who wants to do that, that is Paranoia. Somebody even said they are massing in coffee shops, carefully staying off the web, in order to avoid detection. Woooo.

Please get help. It can be treated.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM

155 posts, read 283,683 times
no because not every one abuses their gun rights
some of us only use guns for self defense
it should just be more strict laws for the maniacs that are too trigger happy

Old 04-03-2010, 07:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,016,333 times
88 I will ignor you too.... It is evident that is what you do to me... 'Ave yee a nice day.

As to All: well I have about had it. These anti gun threads just set me off. I am sick of the insults.

My wife just got done crying her eyes out, and I have to deal with this. No one else can. On this day, in 1999 her Father and Step mother were stabbed to death. It was a real mess, I am talking about blood everywhere. In open file cabinetts, in sliding mirror tracks, on a black leather chair where a sister in law sat wearing white slacks. The blood was not visable on the black leather. Blood was on the walk ways and into the street gutters. Every room in the house just about!

What I figure is 90% of everyone don't believe a word I say, in the first place and think I am a liar.

Of the last 10%, no one understands the pain or the bitterness I hold.

So saying anything is highly discounted, and a done deal by the time the next click happens. Problem gone.

The only good thing is for the few who heed the warning to take these situation into their own controll because the Govt either can't, or wont, you would be the wiser.

After that I no longer care, as the FACT remains I go armed every single day, and I will till I die, and ain't nobody can stop me.

Right now I am angery again, after all this is the day my Father In Law can't tell his daughter how good an artist she is, and he can't see her works.

I can't decide for anyone but me, but I made that deal a long time ago.

For anyone who wishes to stop me, bring several guns, and a lot of body bags, don't forget one for me.

I don't plan to post on this thread again. I find it upsetting. I understand that untill this happens to you, you just go on living thinking it can't happen, and I hope it doesn't.............for you.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
88 I will ignor you too.... It is evident that is what you do to me... 'Ave yee a nice day.
You'd be funny if you weren't so tragic. You get all offended because I ignore this question:

Why, so you can dance and side step all the more. It would be pointless.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:46 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,780,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I'm not so sure. I think we could take a cue from the Swiss...

Why no one invades Switzerland
Ask the same question for those living on the Mexico/US border. I think I would not go get my mail unless I carried a gun. Things are getting worse down there and I believe if we actually had a government that gave a poo about our protection and our rights, we would not need as many guns.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 AM

18,162 posts, read 15,680,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
par·a·noi·a

2. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

If you suspect it is the motives of others to confiscate all guns from all private Americans, when in fact nobody can cite a single person who wants to do that, that is Paranoia. Somebody even said they are massing in coffee shops, carefully staying off the web, in order to avoid detection. Woooo.

Please get help. It can be treated.
Same ol' tired **** jt. Another definition that you might consider: Delusion of Grandeur- The baseless belief that one is , in some way, superior to all others. Usually a relative affliction, it is often mistaken for simple arrogance and pompousness. Find help , indeed. Though , I fear, it is to late. I asked you a question, by the way. Since you obviously support bans on 'certain types of firearms', and I never said anything about specific individuals and citing quotes on total bans, why don't you answer? Perhaps yuu are having to much fun baiting people? Whatever, suit yerself, think I'l go clean the bunker and rotate the canned goods, OH YEA.....today is the day I was gonna string out my new mine field. That should keep those mail carriers and meter readers at bay! Never trust anyone in a uniform ...right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates