Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times

Advertisements

When you get right down to it, America doesn't really care about Tiger Woods and his personal problems. The entertainment industry, on the other hand...now that's a different story!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,238 times
I think its pretty funny.
Those who are 'sheep' feel like celebrities have to live to a higher standard.
To the 'sheep'....

Celebrities are human. They came out of a womb and/or a test tube just like anyone else.
They were raised around other people just like everyone else.
Guess what, they screw up just like everyone else.
Big deal.
A lot of people complaining about celebs might be dealing with someone on a personal level who is doing the same and accepting it.

And for the 'clowns' who present the role model defense, parents who exemplify certain positive human aspects do not have to worry about their children looking up to a celebrity.
They kids may want to be rich and successful like them, but those core values that the parents instilled will stay with them.

I wish I knew Tiger personally so I could have got women by virtue of being his pal.

He did not murder, rape, or steal from anyone.
As long as the dude still have the golf skills I will remain a fan.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The IRS should be abolished.

Agreed.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:15 PM

If I were a rich celeb i'd never get married.
I'd pretty much set it up where the chick gets and STD test and if its clean she gets to meet me.
And I would most definitely be sterilized as I am now so children would be a non issue.
And being single people could say all they want about me and my promiscuous ways.
More than likely i'd choose to be a rapper because they are 'expected' to do that type of thing.
lolz.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I think the bolded is it. It's almost as if he cheated on everybody, not just his wife.

The same thing when a celeb dies. People didn't know this guy (or girl) yet they show up at their homes and leave candles and teddy bears that get soggy in the rain.

JFK, Jr. and Carolyn Bissett lived near where I worked when they died. Their whole street was covered with crap and written messages from people who never knew them. And then idiots like me went to gauk at the idiots who were doing the pseudo-mourning.

So Tiger pseudo-cheated on everyone. I guess.
To me Tiger Woods did not cheat on anybody of us. The PEOPLE are the ones that created a personal demand on him. I look at him as a golf player. I may sit down, watch him play, turn off the TV and forget about him, not think what he does, what he dresses, how he lives, etc. I am not the gossipy type or intrusive type in anybody's life.

People in general are gossipy. That is why trashy magazines like Star, Inquirer, and many of the others make so much money because people love to know what famous people live and do. Not me. So whatever he did is his problem with his family.

When my kids were little and they saw on TV what famous people do I simply tell them it is their business, to just enjoy the movies they make, the games they play, etc. They are just as human as we all are, no more no less. They make the same wise and stupid decisions in life and live life wisely and foolishly.

Granted, Tiger Woods may have played the public relations card very well to his benefit. Who got suckered? The people. Now to say he cheated on us is simply saying he suckered us pretty well. If anybody feels cheated, serves him/her well then.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Bascailly Tiger woods in in a position in life where he sold his image. Thatwas his choice . I personnlly think he should not have gotten married and he wouldn't be in the position he is.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 PM

442 posts, read 965,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Im tired of hearing about tiger. He messed up & is going to now lose alot of money & respect from people. He wont from me though cause i dont care for golf & he did nothing to me. The 12 women are bimbos & dumb as dirt. In time this will pass.
I agree, oh and what about the 7 MILLION his wife got for it. the bimbos are in it for the money!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:26 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascailly Tiger woods in in a position in life where he sold his image. Thatwas his choice . I personnlly think he should not have gotten married and he wouldn't be in the position he is.
Yes, and now Tiger is trapped by the very image he created for himself, and now wants to keep. He won't be able to screw around at all because all eyes will be on him, not just the tabloids. He will have to live up to the boring life that he used to brag about leading. I think it will be like the Twilight Zone for him.

Also, I wonder when was the last time he got laid?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I would like to start a discussion about Tiger Woods but not from the gossipy aspect. My question is about principals:
What does America want from Tiger Woods and other celebrities? Tiger Woods is a golfer, not the Pope. As long as he didn't brake the law, what's the issue?
The issue is, he didn't just sell us a vicarious entertaining golf experience. He sold us his image and made almost a billion dollars doing it. People are entitled to feel at least a little bit ripped off.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:07 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,006 times
i wish that Tiger and all the other celebraties and politicians who are scrutinized by the media because of their sex lives would tell the world to F**K OFF. Just because they are public figures doesn't equal being moral role models. What someone does in their personal life is personal, not the world's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates