Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 07:13 AM

874 posts, read 2,876,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Elin woods is moving out of their home & will be divorcing tiger. The blonde bimbo hired a top lawyer firm to represent her. Im sure shes going to drain tiger for alot of money. She always seemed like a attention ho to me but now shes so embarassed shes not talking to the media or those stupid entertainment shows like access hollywood, entertainment tonight & tmz.
I do not understand what makes her a "ho". As far as I know she has not been known to be sleeping around with men. I do not think her divorcing a guy that has been cheating on her on a regular basis would make her a "ho" or a bimbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:37 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,467,612 times
The only thing that comes to mind with poor Tigers dilema, WHO CARES. As if we dont have bigger things going on, yet all I see on the news is Tiger Woods. Does speak volumes for the quality of our media though. We cant get decent broadcasts about soldiers over seas but we have Tiger pablum puked down our throats all day. Real news is irrelavent as long as we stay enamored with celebs !

Old 12-20-2009, 10:03 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,245,736 times
I think people in America....especially all those advertising executives should go by the Biblical
"He who has not sinned....cast the first stone!" advice.

Sure the guy boinked around. Sure his wife has been done wrong. But hey...half the people posting on here have probably been through the same thing. Life goes on.

All I can say, if I were his wife, I would take half of those millions and millions and get over him in a heartbeat in the south of France in my luxury mansion.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,293,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
What does America want from Tiger Woods and other celebrities? Tiger Woods is a golfer, not the Pope. As long as he didn't brake the law, what's the issue?
They want him to be perfect; to win each tournament; to do the right thing in a professional, mature, and moral way; to break all kind of records; to a counterbalance to all that is wrong with celebrity.

Quote:
Tiger Woods is a golfer, not the Pope.
Precisely. He is someone we can all be, hence the willingly to project onto him all of our hopes and aspirations. Were he the Pope, we would treat him differently.

Quote:
As long as he didn't brake the law, what's the issue?
Simple, with the news, the air in the Tiger bubble was let out. He went from our sense of the frontier of our potential to a supremely guy, but one that represents among the worst of our moral potential. We went from poster child of "what we can be" to "a common celebrity."

Think of this in financial terms, the most important of which is his "price." Now that the bubble has burst, his price in our eyes has plummeted as fast as that of an internet stock. Where we were once willing to price him as a new technology start-up where the sky was the limit, reality has set in. He is now in the process of being repriced using traditional metrics. The result of this return to earth is that he will be judged like any other public figure who has cheated on a young wife and dipped the wick with an assortment of skanks, whores and wannabe celebrities. My feeling is that his price is far from bottoming out.

Without the air of the bubble, he is a guy who hits 50% of fairways, who throws tantrums like many a gifted tennis brat, and who no longer causes us to gasp. The will longer get the benefit of the doubt in interviews. Expect the young sharks to come out of the water, for the forces that blew up the bubble to ginormous size have now only started the process of deflation.

Quote:
1) Why do people care what he does in his private life?
Easy. He life has never been fully private since his Dad decided to go the route of the O'Hairs and Marinoviches of the world and "manufacture" the perfect golfer. It was being a unique public figure that drove him to receive such public adulation and the wealth that accrued, not his private life, nor really his golf. Had he been dreadfully boring, had not won with such flair, and had not been so masterful with the media, he would have never received such incredible adulation.

Younger people forget how hated and derided Jack Nicklaus was. Today, he is given tremendous respect. But the guy was hated or disliked as the anti-Arnold Palmer, despite piling up all kinds of records. In great contrast, Tiger was treated as the second coming--not for his golf, which of course was exciting, but because of his style and persona that transcended golf. Well, that transcencion is history. All that remains is golf. And thus the great repricing begins.

Quote:
1) Why do people care what he does in his private life? 2) What these women who stepped forward want? (Aside from money and 10 min fame. As far as I know nobody accesses him of rape).
Like groupies, they want a piece of the action. LIke groupies, they want him. And like gold-digging whores, they wanted their sugar daddy and/or cash. Already one has been paid $2-$4million for her silence. And the other 14? And Elin? You had better believed that each is lining up to get her stake. If denied, expect HUGE bidding for a tell all.

So along with the great pricing will come a great reallocation of wealth. My guess is that when the final bean has been counted, 25% of his current net worth and 70-80% of his future potential net worth will be gone. The former figure is not hard to imagine. The latter has just begun. And this assumes no change in his golfing margin over the rest of the golf world, something I doubt he will maintain.

What separated Tiger from the pack was his drive and focus. The question now is that being seen as a sleezebag, not worthy of dating one's daughter or being a risky play as a corporate rep, he can no longer assume the obeyance of the golfing fans. Without their support, will he have the same drive? Knowing he and no one else caused the self-destruction of his marriage and literally threatening the health of his wife and kids (God knows what diseases they were at risk for, including AIDS), can he remain keep his legendary focus on Jack's number of majors? On winning against guys, many of whom will no longer respect him as a person? Can he stay focused, when he can no longer assume people will let him get away with bratty antics or Steve Williams being so rough with the crowd? I do not think so.

Whereas, he seemed to be a shoe-in to smash Sam Snead's career PGA titles record and Jack's majors record, now, they will be a career away. Expect more cat calls, harsher media treatment, booing at his use of expletives, zero slacks from golfers, and the inevitable media search for the new saviour of golf and sport to significantly raise the challenge. But unlike in other competitive sports, golf is not about beating another guy, but beating the worse inner demons regarding oneself so that the ball and go where it is supposed to go on the course.

Don't cry for Tiger. He will still lead a life where his net worth should stay comfortably above $450 million. But rejoice that he is no longer larger than life. As his bubble deflates, the prices of other things important in life will go up, things that for too long where artificially suppressed by our willingness to build the bubble that was Tiger Woods.

S.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:20 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,040,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
I do not understand what makes her a "ho". As far as I know she has not been known to be sleeping around with men. I do not think her divorcing a guy that has been cheating on her on a regular basis would make her a "ho" or a bimbo.
I said she was a attention ho. She seeked alot of attention prior to the affairs.I never cared for her & that goes for the 14/15 idiots tiger had affairs with. Rachel uchitel discusts me & her & tiger are rumored to be staying together. These women are plain trash & dirt.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:10 PM

522 posts, read 716,483 times
Alas Yorick I knew him well. Im enjoying the show. Pay the piper and dance. Dont disrespect us females Eagle7 with remarks like that. Tiger is losing a good wife.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:33 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,040,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
Alas Yorick I knew him well. Im enjoying the show. Pay the piper and dance. Dont disrespect us females Eagle7 with remarks like that. Tiger is losing a good wife.
What woman wouldnt be a good wife with their husband earning millions per yr. Tiger is a good golfer & businessman. I didnt know golfers had groupies. Golf is soooooo boring.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:05 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,365,784 times
I didn't know his wife's name until this happened. I had never seen him trot his family out to boost his image.

Just because one is famous and wealthy does not mean they fool around. Jack Nicklaus is still married to his first wife. Phil Mickelson seems happily married.

If you want to have lots of women, don't get married. George Brett got married late in his basaeball career. He said he waited to get married because he knew being a major league baseball player was not conducive to a stable marriage.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
I haven't heard anyhting bad about his wife. But tiger had a image that made him milions alone but now he has goofed up and will pay the price;like so mnay others. probably worse in golf because we are not shocked by many of the other sports heroes being frug addicts,a ho monger or even violent criminal how days.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:10 PM

9 posts, read 13,971 times
Tiger is like any other person. In the right situation all will stray, if not pleased with scene on the homefront. Having a supermodel means nothing, she doesn't look all that super to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates