Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
What's so great about smoking something that just makes you stupid anyways? The only people who can't see how much better the mind is without pot are the people doped up in their fantasy world that the world is so much better when high or that you are "open minded". Cut the crap, it is nothing good
NOTHING GOOD?!?!?

Im going to have to bring back the Bill Hicks quote here

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years — rrreal ****ing high on drugs. The Beatles were so ****ing high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
NOTHING GOOD?!?!?

Im going to have to bring back the Bill Hicks quote here

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years — rrreal ****ing high on drugs. The Beatles were so ****ing high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."
Although I know it was a light-hearted comment by you, I do rest my case with people thinking the NEED pot to do something

Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 AM

9,762 posts, read 3,415,961 times
Quote:
Although I know it was a light-hearted comment by you, I do rest my case with people thinking the NEED pot to do something
Have you ever smoked Pot?

It's not about a 'need'.. it is about an experience.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:19 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Can someone give one good argument as to why pot should not be legalized?
Because Hearst's ghost will rise from the grave and smite you!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Have you ever smoked Pot?

It's not about a 'need'.. it is about an experience.
I dont know if experience is the right word when referring to weed, other drugs yes but not weed. halucinogens are an experience !

Weed is more like a muse, it allows the creative juices to flow if you try, too bad most people get distracted by the shiny lights on the screen and forget to do anything but sit on ass and eat. and thats what makes a lot of people want to keep it illegal, those people who do not utilize all the great things that can come from smoking.

And this just comes back to my theory about drugs in general, in that there are 3 different kinds of users:
1) use drugs to expand mind, muse, creative influence. (musicians, artists, etc)
2) Use drugs to escape real life/ ignore responsibilities (addicts)
3) recreational use, enhance experiences such as movies, concerts,clubs, etc

too many people fall into categories 2 and 3 (including artists) and thus give drugs (esp. weed) a bad reputation

Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 AM

9,762 posts, read 3,415,961 times
Quote:
I dont know if experience is the right word when referring to weed, other drugs yes but not weed. halucinogens are an experience !

Weed is more like a muse, it allows the creative juices to flow if you try, too bad most people get distracted by the shiny lights on the screen and forget to do anything but sit on ass and eat. and thats what makes a lot of people want to keep it illegal, those people who do not utilize all the great things that can come from smoking.

And this just comes back to my theory about drugs in general, in that there are 3 different kinds of users:
1) use drugs to expand mind, muse, creative influence. (musicians, artists, etc)

too many people fall into categories 2 and 3 (including artists) and thus give drugs (esp. weed) a bad reputation
yada.. yada.. yada

That's basically what I meant

Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
What's so great about smoking something that just makes you stupid anyways? The only people who can't see how much better the mind is without pot are the people doped up in their fantasy world that the world is so much better when high or that you are "open minded". Cut the crap, it is nothing good
Sounds like someone who is speaking without any experience or knowledge at all. Pot doesn't make you stupid...but ignorance does.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:38 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:

What's wrong with #3?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
What's wrong with #3?
I do not feel there is anything wrong with using weed to enhance things every once in awhile. Like most drugs however, the problem comes with abuse. If you are using it like once/twice a week for when u watch a movie or go to a concert, then I am all for it. But there are people who use it all the time. They smoke daily and find things that would be interesting and enjoyable to normal people to be insanely boring, like reading. I mean its possible its just my stoner friends who dont like to read but in my experience people who smoke constantly tend to read very little.

Don't get me wrong I am for Marijuana, I am just saying there are people out there that give it a bad name.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:45 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
heres why weed should be legal:

If everyone in this thread got together and smoked a blunt, we wouldn't be arguing anymore.

Fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates