Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:33 PM

468 posts, read 483,505 times

Advertisements

I'm in an Interracial relationship, well now it a marriage. I got married late too, married at age 30
Met him when I was 26, should have married sooner but I drag it too long.

I'm Chinese (Asian-American), I came to USA when I was 12 year olds.
My husband is Black (African-American), he born in USA
And I went through alot hardship to be with him. Alot of people give me a hard time but I flipped them all off.

My husband is very dark black, like dark chocolate. And seem like in the Asian community, they stereotypes him more than the black with lighter skin tone. Of course they are wrong, and I apologize for them a million times if I can.

Speaking from my own experience, my Chinese mother give me a very hard time when she know about me dating my husband. Now I'm married, and she still give me a hard time.

But my mother was abusive to her children. Both me and my brother have move out away from for more than a decade already. But she still trying to control us, dictating us who we should married. She is a very controlling woman.
Throughout my whole childhood I hear she belittle me, put me down everyday, being verbally/emotionally abusive to me. So it does take a toll on my self-worth.

I know when I choose to married my husband, my mom will disown me and she already did disown me. But I have no regrets, he is an awesome husband.

I'm 30 and my husband is 29, we both are grown Adults. Both are Single/Unmarried with no kids. So MORALLY we can be together.
BUT my mom making it seem like I commit the biggest sin on Earth to be with him.

It sure is stressful, but I have no regrets. If I can turn back the hand of time, I will choose him again, it always be him. I learn to flipped off all the negativity around me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 09:36 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
The only people that shun such behavior are the RWNJ Tea Baggers. And they justify their hatred through the Bible, God and Jesus non of which supports the hatred, persecution, banishment or mistreatment of homosexuals.
First, it's Tea Party as in teaparty.org (Taxed Enough Already)

Second, the Tea Party's main concern is government overspending and overtaxing.

Third, having certain beliefs, values and morals is not "hatred."

Old 04-24-2015, 11:44 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,958 times
I am in an interracial relationship but I speak her language and know her culture. She is not ignorant about my culture and language either. We love each other, have similar goals, we’re good and so as our families.

As for homosexual couples, well, it’s not a lifestyle I support. I won’t parade down the streets forcing them not to live that way so I expect them to respect my decision as well to not agree with their lifestyle. Live and let live.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:26 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,277,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Why people care about what two consenting adults do ?
Cause they have boring lives. Have you ever looked at people who talk about other people? They look sad, angry, and desperate.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:42 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,646,774 times
I know people on both sides of the issue. I don't think any of them are "obsessed" over it.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:04 AM

230 posts, read 525,919 times
Well interracial relationships are interesting and their should be a lot more of them, and be more encouraged.

I don't get why people talk about gay marriage so much. It's not natural and there's no need to discuss it and throw it in everyone's face.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:19 AM

25,946 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Honestly they don't care.
I agree. Most of the threads here about homosexuality are started by people that advocate for it. So, it isn't like others care until it is thrown up again and again in their face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
I honestly think it's only about 2% of the population give a hoot abut these issues.

But.

They are a very bored and very LOUD 2%.
But, for homosexual couples unlike interracial couples, the homosexual are very LOUD and when they get in the faces of others, that 1% on the other side gets very LOUD. Let's face it, we all know the homosexual side is the one that keeps this going in the name of trying to get acceptance for deviance in the society. The "agenda": The homosexual propaganda campaign in America's media

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
I couldn't care less if......... two people of the same sex shack up
......................................3 people shack up
......................................a grand ma and grandson shack up

......................................a man and his female dog shack up

However, when any of the above flock to internet sites and proclaim there is nothing sinful in doing so , I'll give them the debate they are searching for.

Also, when teachers try to indoctrinate kids by telling them there is nothing wrong with any of the above, I will also speak up.

I couldn't care less what I get labeled by any of the above people.

Consider the source !
This is really on target. Do as you please just don't flash it in my face, tell me there is nothing wrong with it and try to convert myself and family to believing it is OK. I tolerate but I don't accept. It is trying to force the acceptance of someone else's behavior when it is very unacceptable to me. At the point I am made aware, I will have an opinion and will take action when necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I know people on both sides of the issue. I don't think any of them are "obsessed" over it.
Actually, you have that small percentage of people that are. Those that start "gay" threads like this disguised as something other than that. Actually, when homosexuality was still considered a mental illness, paranoia and self-loathing were two of the major components that got it classified as a mental illness. The other side rightfully feels that they are being threatened that if they don't comply with acceptance, they will be destroyed, their lives taken, businesses shut down, children taught unacceptable ideas in the school system so they feel like they must defend themselves just as much as the avenging side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
Well interracial relationships are interesting and their should be a lot more of them, and be more encouraged.

I don't get why people talk about gay marriage so much. It's not natural and there's no need to discuss it and throw it in everyone's face.
I believe OP just threw interracial relationships here to throw others off the tract of "just another gay thread". They are entirely different issues. There were interracial relationships in my high school in 1972. No one felt it was immoral and the interracial couples functioned just like every other couple without special provisions. I do not remember there ever being force used to try to gain anything by interracial couples.

Homosexuality is a mental illness. They got it removed by throwing the same fit they are now and forcing its removal: http://www.behaviorismandmentalhealt...hat-went-away/

While I have sympathy for those that cannot function normally, I have no intention of accepting their behaviors as normal. This is not about obsession except for a very few of those trying to force the issue and a minority that feels rightfully threatened to give up everything they believe in to appease a tiny 2 to 3% of the population.

Those that support homosexuality and are ready to "accept" rather than just "tolerate" it are not as many as people are trying to make you believe. Look at the cases where people were persecuted for standing up for their rights and you saw that many came forward with moral and financial support.

Do what you but at the point you put it in my face, expect me to support my beliefs. The old "names and faces" won't hurt me yet we do know that many that refuse to comply with the homosexual agenda have had their lives threatened.

Why some people care: 10 Reasons Why Homosexual and persecution: Here it is: Complete catalogue of ‘same-sex marriage’ entrapments

Old 06-06-2015, 06:49 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Why people care about what two consenting adults do ?
Some don't - some just have a hefty dose of anti-gay animus, and wielding the hammer of legal marginalization is one way of expression that animus.

Others have reverence for what was done yesterday just because it was done yesterday. They loathe change, and if putting the brakes on change means trampling all over the rights of personal conduct of someone else, they couldn't care less.

And some are just control-freaks who think the only tolerable behavior is that behavior which happens to make them happy - all else is invalid.

Last edited by Unsettomati; 06-06-2015 at 07:12 AM..

Old 06-06-2015, 07:09 AM

19,119 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Some don't - some just have a hefty dose of anti-gay animus, and wielding hammer of legal marginalization is one way of expression that animus.

Others have reverence for what was done yesterday just because it was done yesterday. They loathe change, and if putting the brakes on change means trampling all over the rights of personal conduct of someone else, they couldn't care less.

And some are just control-freaks who think they only tolerable behavior is that behavior which happens to make them happy - all else is invalid.

+1

That is an excellent summation of the probable factors underlying opposition to personal matters which have no real impact on the lives of those who object.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:12 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
First, it's Tea Party as in teaparty.org (Taxed Enough Already)

Second, the Tea Party's main concern is government overspending and overtaxing.

Third, having certain beliefs, values and morals is not "hatred."
Lol... Right. The tea party wants a government too small to pave the roads, but large enough to monitor the bedroom. Oh, sure - they may not put their idiocy up on on their "official" website, but I guess we're all supposed to assume it's a coincidence that tea party politicians move in lock-step with regressive policies that oppose individual freedom and which border on fascism - and their followers support every bit of hatred that oozes from their lips while pretending to be "upstanding citizens?" Right... just a coincidence.

Everyone, remember - in tea party land, the government should have the right to tell you what consenting adults can do the bedroom and what religion you worship, but has no right to limit firearms or tax anyone. Because, you know, gay marriage kills soooooo many people each year, while guns don't. Sure.

At any rate, this sums up why people are obsessed over things that don't matter - they personally don't like it, and they hide their bigotry and ignorance behind "religion," "values," and "morals." Because hating people who are different and who aren't harming anyone else is a perfect example of "values" and "morals," apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates