Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 07:29 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,926,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Lol breathe. No need to hyperventilate. It’s hard to accept but things are just starting
I'm just fine, I don't have any need to be out of sorts. Touch a nerve did I by naming drivers of the clown car? You guys know that you're on the wrong side of history, and the Party is on its death bed. Enjoy whatever little victory you can carve out - for now.

Have a lovely evening.

Old 11-03-2021, 07:43 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I'm just fine, I don't have any need to be out of sorts. Touch a nerve did I by naming drivers of the clown car? You guys know that you're on the wrong side of history, and the Party is on its death bed. Enjoy whatever little victory you can carve out - for now.

Have a lovely evening.
Yea, on a death bed after flipping blue Virginia and potentially deep blue NJ. Yea, we are soooo worried lol. Only nerves touched here are yours hahaha. I’m feeling fantastic.

Old 11-04-2021, 07:18 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,536 times
Quote:

Have a lovely evening.

The drivers of the clown car were the people who were responsible for transforming what was a solid Blue state to Red. It wasn't the voters it was idiots like Terry McAuliffe and Hala Ayala who made some very asinine statements in the last month of the race that sunk their chances. If that can happen in Blue Virginia what in the heck do you think is going to happen in Georgia in 2022? Biden and his puppet masters (the grifters I was speaking of) sure aren't doing Democrats any favors. It's driving lifelong working class Democrats (like me) away from the party. We have no place anymore. I'm not rich and I also am not for these insane policies that Biden's handlers are trying to force upon us. It is pure lunacy and it is driving people away as Virginia showed. You can call people names and make excuses all you want but that is the reality of what happened on Tuesday. Unless things drastically change you need to prepare yourself for more of this in the coming year especially here in Georgia. It's just reality.

Last edited by ronricks; 11-04-2021 at 07:27 AM..

Old 11-04-2021, 08:36 AM

254 posts, read 131,309 times
Quote:

Have a lovely evening.
I think most of us have spent the last few years fighting back and forth. I have reached a point where I just don't care to try and debate or argue Democrat vs. Republican anymore. It's a waste of time. I see the socially conservative side of my family, suffering in rural Georgia and living with the repercussions of continuing to vote against their own interest for the remote chance they will overturn some law or right they don't agree with. Never mind they have no access to emergency care or high speed internet, their downtown is a strip of half closed stores, their population is dwindling and what blue collar jobs that were have left. As long as a woman can't get a safe abortion, they will live in squalor or with the threat of death from a medical emergency that decent healthcare could protect against. Politicians live and die on the ignorance or intelligence of the voting public. Stupidity and willful ignorance is dangerous because people have learned how to successfully manipulate and drain resources from those who get energized by some social issue. For a long time it bothered me. I know they are not bad people. But for whatever reason they cannot connect the dots. Buzz words like race, religion and guns are all that is needed to capture their vote. And I have come to the conclusion that they deserve the lives they have. I no longer feel guilty for my success when I visit. I no longer feel obligated to try and educate or reason with their beliefs. Because when it all boils down, they are the ones choosing to allow themselves to be screwed. It is not my job to educate anyone or take care of anyone else. I do not need to feel bad for paying less than $900 a year in taxes on a 6 figure income by using the loopholes and policies I personally believe are wrong. You want to fight against what is beneficial to you? No problem. I will use the things your candidates implemented to my advantage without thinking twice about it. I am no fool and I am not getting any financial advantage by advocating for the side that wants to tax me more to give to those in need. I advocate for them because it is the ethical thing to do. But if poor conservatives don't care that they are voting to fill rich people's pockets, then why should I? If they call me names and spew hatred while I am advocating to help them, then the least I can do is reap the rewards they vote for me to have.

Whatever happens in this country or this state, if you find yourself wondering why your hospital closed or your jobs moved overseas, you have nobody to blame but yourselves. I have said it before and I will believe this to my death...division is what politicians want. The problems gone unsolved or issues being debated for 40 years with no resolution is not because we can't. It's because we won't. And quite frankly, at my age, I have learned to use the system to my advantage regardless of who is in power. And if religion or abortion or guns are all you can see when you go vote, then you have not been paying attention to what really matters to your daily life. And when your big man on his white horse comes riding in and you bow down with you behind in the air...just remember when he is gone and your lives are no better...you deserved the F you offered up. Either way, I will be with a clean conscience and happy with my life. Ultimately that is all that matters to me and my immediate family. I will always vote and I do believe Georgia is changing for better, but ultimately it is going to take much more willingness from both sides of the spectrum to work together for the benefit of the people, not political career or ambition for power. If you are more concerned with sticking it to the other side, you may get a temporary fix, but you won't win anything longterm. The pendulum swings. It always will.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 11-04-2021 at 09:47 AM..

Old 11-04-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
I think most of us have spent the last few years fighting back and forth. I have reached a point where I just don't care to try and debate or argue Democrat vs. Republican anymore. It's a waste of time. I see the conservative side of my family, suffering in rural Georgia and living with the repercussions of continuing to vote against their own interest. Politicians live and die on the ignorance or intelligence of the voting public. For a long time it bothered me. I know they are not bad people. But for whatever reason they cannot connect the dots. Buzz words like race, religion and guns are all that is needed to capture their vote. And I have come to the conclusion that they deserve the lives they have. I no longer feel guilty for my success when I visit. I no longer feel obligated to try and educate or reason with their beliefs. Because when it all boils down, they are the ones choosing to allow themselves to be screwed.

Whatever happens in this country or this state, if you find yourself wondering why your hospital closed or your jobs moved overseas, you have nobody to blame but yourselves. I have said it before and I will believe this to my death...division is what politicians want. The problems gone unsolved or issues being debated for 40 years with no resolution is not because we can't. It's because we won't. And quite frankly, at my age, I have learned to use the system to my advantage regardless of who is in power. And if religion or abortion or guns are all you can see when you go vote, then you have not been paying attention to what really matters to your daily life. And when your big man on his white horse comes riding in and you bow down with you behind in the air...just remember when he is gone and your lives are no better...you deserved the F you offered up. Either way, I will be with a clean conscience and happy with my life. Ultimately that is all that matters to me and my immediate family.
Very well stated...

Old 11-04-2021, 01:56 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
The drivers of the clown car were the people who were responsible for transforming what was a solid Blue state to Red. It wasn't the voters it was idiots like Terry McAuliffe and Hala Ayala who made some very asinine statements in the last month of the race that sunk their chances. If that can happen in Blue Virginia what in the heck do you think is going to happen in Georgia in 2022? Biden and his puppet masters (the grifters I was speaking of) sure aren't doing Democrats any favors. It's driving lifelong working class Democrats (like me) away from the party. We have no place anymore. I'm not rich and I also am not for these insane policies that Biden's handlers are trying to force upon us. It is pure lunacy and it is driving people away as Virginia showed. You can call people names and make excuses all you want but that is the reality of what happened on Tuesday. Unless things drastically change you need to prepare yourself for more of this in the coming year especially here in Georgia. It's just reality.
Spot on!

Old 11-04-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:50 AM

1,180 posts, read 983,826 times
Did republicans really win Virginia honestly? There needs to be an investigation. Doesn't seem right at all.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:56 AM

254 posts, read 131,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Debate me…bet you won’t. Defend all of the wonderful things happening in the economy. I’ll wait…

Job creation roars back in October as payrolls rise by 531,000

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/05/jobs...mber-2021.html

Ahem....

Old 11-05-2021, 07:00 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,536 times
Quote:
Thanks for the laugh.

Forget the disaster that happened in Virginia. Do you even pay attention to local politics?

Quote:
Republican-affiliated candidates defeated outspoken progressives in suburban areas where Biden roundly defeated Donald Trump in 2020. Sandy Springs mayor Rusty Paul, a former state GOP chair, beat progressive candidate Dontae Carter by nearly 40 points. Biden won that area by 61% last November. In the City of Tucker in Dekalb County, where Jon Ossoff won the city with 70% of the vote 10 months ago, the incumbent mayor, Frank Auman, beat Obama field organizer Robin Brio with 56% of the vote. Along with Tucker and Sandy Springs, Republican-supported candidates won in Johns Creek and Marietta, in the same counties where Democrats made huge gains in 2018 and 2020. COVID is not over. The economy is in a state of wild upheaval. Prices for everything from gas to housing and food are going up. People are rejecting this incompetent administration in Blue Virginia and Georgia.

You can laugh all you want but this is setting up to be a massacre in 2022. Whatever happened to the Democratic Party that cared about the American worker? It doesn't exist anymore it has been hijacked by grifters with insane and unsustainable policies. Democrats now care more about Illegal Immigrants than they do American citizens and it is a losing proposition for a vast majority of the country.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/opinion...GRUWIDKPROU3E/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia