Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2021, 03:10 PM

254 posts, read 131,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
How disingenuous of you. Keep drinking that poison Kool-aid.
He has never responded back with anything of intellectual value, which is why I don't engage with him. Sad, really. Just proves my point about Trump supporters. There really should be a mental standard to allow voting. The more he insults people, the more people determined to show up and vote. November 2020 and January 2021 must have really been difficult for his mental health. Give him a pass. These types require sympathy and patience. I have some family in south Georgia like him. Georgia shifting so hard and fast is scaring the Hell out of them. False bravado and Stop The Steal allegiance is all they have. Well, that and moving to Alabama.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 11-01-2021 at 03:41 PM..

Old 11-01-2021, 03:51 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
He has never responded back with anything of intellectual value, which is why I don't engage with him. Sad, really. Just proves my point about Trump supporters. There really should be a mental standard to allow voting. The more he insults people, the more people determined to show up and vote. November 2020 and January 2021 must have really been difficult for his mental health. Give him a pass. These types require sympathy and patience. I have some family in south Georgia like him. Georgia shifting so hard and fast is scaring the Hell out of them. False bravado and Stop The Steal allegiance is all they have. Well, that and moving to Alabama.
Debate me…bet you won’t. Defend all of the wonderful things happening in the economy. I’ll wait…

Old 11-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Debate me…bet you won’t. Defend all of the wonderful things happening in the economy. I’ll wait…
Wages are rising faster than they have in decades. Workers have more leverage in hiring. The economy is growing at a healthy rate. The unemployment rate in Georgia just hit a record low. If you cannot find a good paying job right now, you are not looking very hard. What is your problem with "the economy"?

People have so much expendable income shipping cannot keep up with purchases. There are shipping barges lined up on every major port.

Everyone who wants a vax has free access to it, including boosters. The ACA has increased subsidies, allowing many more access to quality healthcare. As a small business owner, I am doing better than I have since starting in 2011.

I'll wait for you to put together a cogent argument against, what I see, as a rather healthy economy in the face of a pandemic that could have been prevented by the previous administration. Instead, we got more deaths in the U.S. than the last major pandemic or all U.S. wars and a divided country who believe this is some mass conspiracy to inject microchips into the public.

More importantly, if you want a response from me going forward, you can take the mean girl snark out of your little attitude. I don't put up with it from people I know. I will certainly not put up with it from someone from Columbus with a chip on his shoulder. He is right...you are notorious for coming back without anything of actual substance, just lies and insults. "The economy is bad" is not debate. That's a little child pitching a fit, who doesn't know the difference between fact and fake news.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 11-01-2021 at 04:20 PM..

Old 11-01-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Wages are rising faster than they have in decades. Workers have more leverage in hiring. The economy is growing at a healthy rate. What is your problem with "the economy"?

People have so much expendable income shipping cannot keep up with purchases. There are shipping barges lined up on every major port.

Everyone who wants a vax has free access to it, including boosters. The ACA has increased subsidies, allowing many more access to quality healthcare. As a small business owner, I am doing better than I have since starting in 2011.

I'll wait for you to put together a cogent argument against, what I see, as a rather healthy economy in the face of a pandemic that could have been prevented by the previous administration. Instead, we got more deaths in the U.S. than the last major pandemic and a divided country who believe this is some mass conspiracy to inject microchips into the public.
The U.S. economy grew at a 2% annualized pace in the third quarter, its slowest increase since the end of the 2020 recession. Decelerations in consumer spending and residential investment helped keep the number lower. Wages are up because people can’t find help. Why? Because workers are being paid to stay home. Inflation is the highest in 4 decades, gas prices are the highest in 7 years. Crime is the highest it has been in decades as well. I can go on and on and on and on. The vaccine is here in record time because of Trump. There is literally nothing good happening right now. Open your eyes. We stay at this pace and 2022 will be even worse.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
The U.S. economy grew at a 2% annualized pace in the third quarter, its slowest increase since the end of the 2020 recession. Decelerations in consumer spending and residential investment helped keep the number lower. Wages are up because people can’t find help. Why? Because workers are being paid to stay home. Inflation is the highest in 4 decades, gas prices are the highest in 7 years. Crime is the highest it has been in decades as well. I can go on and on and on and on. The vaccine is here in record time because of Trump. There is literally nothing good happening right now. Open your eyes. We stay at this pace and 2022 will be even worse.
Consumer spending only dropped last month. It has been at record highs for over a year. Consumer spending is directly responsible for the backup in imports. Housing is also at record highs and bidding wars are still the norm. Wages are up. You admit. How is that a bad thing when they have not kept pace with inflation for decades? Gas prices always fluctuate. Stimulus for those out of work ended a while back. People getting paid to stay home is a lie.

If there were nothing good, I would not have more demand for renting my properties or have access to record equity I am using for reinvestment. My rentals increased by 27%...all of them. And there is no lack of interest. If you personally are going through hard times, that does not mean the economy is bad. The economy is humming.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 11-01-2021 at 04:44 PM..

Old 11-01-2021, 08:13 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,926,133 times
AtlantaRising is my new Hero, with a capital H!

Old 11-02-2021, 11:19 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times
Upper class Democrats need to stop acting like this country is suddenly okay because Biden is president. It's a total disaster and it's been getting worse every year since around 2012. Nobody knows what to believe anymore, people who used to be pretty upright, put together people believe in the craziest conspiracy theories. People don't trust each other.

We don't produce anything anymore.
People can't afford rent, people are living shacked up in houses with 4 or 5 other people.
Corporations basically control the government.
We are doing nothing about climate change and income inequality.
Violence and division is on the rise.

Yeah we hit the pause button on the train to fascism by electing Biden. But it didn't solve the problems we are facing by a long shot. Y'all have got to start looking at people like Columbus1984 and think, why in the world would somebody so well written support such a transparently insane moron who wants to take over the country? It's desperation, the last hope, because they see how things are going in their own lives. You all need to wake the hell up because you're losing us on the left. Gen Z is not voting, way more than any group of young people in history. Democrats need to grow a spine and stop letting the corporate center run the show or they are going to lose in 2024, and if Trump comes back, we are competely screwed. The country is going to collapse.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
Upper class Democrats need to stop acting like this country is suddenly okay because Biden is president. It's a total disaster and it's been getting worse every year since around 2012. Nobody knows what to believe anymore, people who used to be pretty upright, put together people believe in the craziest conspiracy theories. People don't trust each other.

We don't produce anything anymore.
People can't afford rent, people are living shacked up in houses with 4 or 5 other people.
Corporations basically control the government.
We are doing nothing about climate change and income inequality.
Violence and division is on the rise.

Yeah we hit the pause button on the train to fascism by electing Biden. But it didn't solve the problems we are facing by a long shot. Y'all have got to start looking at people like Columbus1984 and think, why in the world would somebody so well written support such a transparently insane moron who wants to take over the country? It's desperation, the last hope, because they see how things are going in their own lives. You all need to wake the hell up because you're losing us on the left. Gen Z is not voting, way more than any group of young people in history. Democrats need to grow a spine and stop letting the corporate center run the show or they are going to lose in 2024, and if Trump comes back, we are competely screwed. The country is going to collapse.
Lol. Stopping fascism, what a silly statement. We elected him to keep democracy. Tides are shifting. People are waking up. It just started with flipping Virginia to red. Maybe New Jersey flips red today. The fact that NJ was even close is amazing. A big wave is coming in 2022. People are fed up with failed liberal policies. It showed last night.

Old 11-03-2021, 07:57 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,536 times
Quote:
Wages are rising faster than they have in decades. Workers have more leverage in hiring. The economy is growing at a healthy rate. The unemployment rate in Georgia just hit a record low. If you cannot find a good paying job right now, you are not looking very hard. What is your problem with "the economy"?

I'll wait for you to put together a cogent argument against, what I see, as a rather healthy economy in the face of a pandemic that could have been prevented by the previous administration. Instead, we got more deaths in the U.S. than the last major pandemic or all U.S. wars and a divided country who believe this is some mass conspiracy to inject microchips into the public.

More importantly, if you want a response from me going forward, you can take the mean girl snark out of your little attitude. I don't put up with it from people I know. I will certainly not put up with it from someone from Columbus with a chip on his shoulder. He is right...you are notorious for coming back without anything of actual substance, just lies and insults. "The economy is bad" is not debate. That's a little child pitching a fit, who doesn't know the difference between fact and fake news.

Biden’s job approval rating has plummeted amid continued spikes in violent crime, the debacle in Afghanistan, chaos at the border, the continuing coronavirus pandemic, inflation in food and energy prices, and economic uncertainty propelled by a novel problem — employers can’t find enough workers to fill the jobs they have. What happened in Virginia last night was a further debacle. The Democratic Party used to be the party of the working people and it has somehow transformed into the party of the wealthy elite and has been hijacked by grifters with insane policies.

Old 11-03-2021, 04:18 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,926,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post

Biden’s job approval rating has plummeted amid continued spikes in violent crime, the debacle in Afghanistan, chaos at the border, the continuing coronavirus pandemic, inflation in food and energy prices, and economic uncertainty propelled by a novel problem — employers can’t find enough workers to fill the jobs they have. What happened in Virginia last night was a further debacle. The Democratic Party used to be the party of the working people and it has somehow transformed into the party of the wealthy elite and has been hijacked by grifters with insane policies.
Wow. The Trumpers and their various assorted thug hangers-on are the absolute definition of grifters. How many indictments, prison sentences and ongoing investigations does it take???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia