Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,962,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Thanks, once I got on Loop 820 S. and saw the exit for Rt. 121 S. and downtown FW, it was a straight-shot.

I live in NW FW near Lake Worth. I rarely venture out to the east side of FW. I happened to be in the area b/c I dropped off a friend at DFW Airport, did some shopping at Los Colinas, and then decided to do some more shopping at Northeast Mall. I think I'm turning into a woman w/ all this shopping I'm doing lately.

Yes, there are no Krogers in NJ.
I used to live on the West side of Fort Worth, over near the traffic circle. That area has gone down though in recent years. Not your area, just the area off hwy 80. Up near Lake Worth is very nice. I once thought of buying a home there. It's pretty, and close to the great outdoors, unlike being landlocked in the middle of the city here. But, if I were going to be landlocked in any area of the metroplex, I guess it would be right here.

Becoming a shop-a-holic are we beowulf? If you notice your chest area growing, go get some hormone shots quick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,624,663 times
I can see where the freeways get confusing, yet it really is a very simple system. Loop 820 goes in a full circle around Fort Worth...Northeast Mall is on the outside of the northeast portion of the Loop.

Airport Freewy has many names because several routes follow similar paths. 121, for instance runs into downtown Fort Worth, yet it also runs along that section of 820 then onto Airport Freeway before heading north/northeast all the way into Frisco. 183 splits from 121 when it goes north, and continues east into Dallas.

If you are coming from the East, exit Bedford-Euless RD for the most direct route to the mall.
Coming from West or South on 820, take the Pipeline/Glenview exit and keep to the access road.
A side note thought....going Grapevine Hwy won't take you directly to the mall ....you have to double back to get to it via a different street depending on how familar you are with the area.

I can actually remember when that mall was built...haha

Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
I can see where the freeways get confusing, yet it really is a very simple system. Loop 820 goes in a full circle around Fort Worth...Northeast Mall is on the outside of the northeast portion of the Loop.

Airport Freewy has many names because several routes follow similar paths. 121, for instance runs into downtown Fort Worth, yet it also runs along that section of 820 then onto Airport Freeway before heading north/northeast all the way into Frisco. 183 splits from 121 when it goes north, and continues east into Dallas.

If you are coming from the East, exit Bedford-Euless RD for the most direct route to the mall.
Coming from West or South on 820, take the Pipeline/Glenview exit and keep to the access road.
A side note thought....going Grapevine Hwy won't take you directly to the mall ....you have to double back to get to it via a different street depending on how familar you are with the area.

I can actually remember when that mall was built...haha
When was it built hypo? Sometime in the 70s, I'd guess.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,624,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
When was it built hypo? Sometime in the 70s, I'd guess.
I believe it was the late 70's because I remember construction still going on in different places when I graduated in '78. The McDonald's there on Pipeline is one of the oldest around, although it has been completely renovated. It opened probably early-mid 70's.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:52 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,900,296 times
confusing freeways...yes LOL! (and bad signage by txdot!)

I was going from Keller to the Galleria at christmas....ended up going to WACO! didn't know that I35 had an E and west and they go North and south! Again there was no sign for I35E north. just I35E and it went south!! Live and learn. I just pull over and get out the trusty MAPSCO!!

Also for NE MALL, why is there a sign for the exit if you are traveling West (from Dallas) but not one traveling East (from Ft worth?) I guess we "hicks" in hte west don't shop!!

Beowulf...I really like the Lake worth area (drove around some...again when I got lost!!) and it's very pretty over there.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post

I was going from Keller to the Galleria at christmas....ended up going to WACO! didn't know that I35 had an E and west and they go North and south! Again there was no sign for I35E north. just I35E and it went south!! Live and learn. I just pull over and get out the trusty MAPSCO!!

Also for NE MALL, why is there a sign for the exit if you are traveling West (from Dallas) but not one traveling East (from Ft worth?) I guess we "hicks" in hte west don't shop!!

Beowulf...I really like the Lake worth area (drove around some...again when I got lost!!) and it's very pretty over there.
I was confused as could be when I first moved here about I35E and I35W as well. I couldn't understand why you had two roads with almost exactly the same name and both ran North and South but were called E and W. After I figured it out is made sense though.

If I were going to live anywhere else in the metroplex it would probably be the Lake Worth area. It is really nice, and you can be out of town in some wonderful hills in no time at all.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,937,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I used to live on the West side of Fort Worth, over near the traffic circle. That area has gone down though in recent years. Not your area, just the area off hwy 80. Up near Lake Worth is very nice. I once thought of buying a home there. It's pretty, and close to the great outdoors, unlike being landlocked in the middle of the city here. But, if I were going to be landlocked in any area of the metroplex, I guess it would be right here.

Becoming a shop-a-holic are we beowulf? If you notice your chest area growing, go get some hormone shots quick!
Yes, LW looks pretty nice. I'm in a new subdivision there and I hope it stays nice. The new shopping centers being built is a nice touch. Too bad parts of Jacksboro Hwy. bet. LW and downtown look slummy.

My chest area does seem to be growing, but I'll attribute that to my going to the gym. I kind of planned out all that shopping that day since I was off from work and had to be at DFW Airport to drop off a friend. So I figured I'd check out a store at Los Colinas, work out at my gym that has a location in that area, and then stop by at Northeast Mall to get some stuff at Sears and browse through the mall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post

Wow, that's a hell of an excursion if you kept driving and wound up in Waco! When I first arrived to TX (via DFW Airport) in 2006, I rented a car at the Avis there. The CSR made sure I understood the difference between I-35W and I-35E. We don't have that kind of mess in NJ. Also confusing is how certain highways, like Rt. 183, are all over Tarrant County, even in non-contiguous section. I got confused a few times at that traffic circle Synopsis mentioned in SW FW. I think I got it figured out, but I still have to look for the signs. At least I know to expect them and I'm not looking at the signs after the circle past (like my first couple encounters at that circle).

Old 03-12-2008, 06:56 AM

48 posts, read 291,769 times
Three wal-marts and a water park. I pass those apts all the time, they look like they will be nice after their finished. You will have several restaurants and a kroger in easy walking distance.
Your close to a bike trail and the water park and the Tarrant County North east campus.
Not much night life for 20 somethings but you can get downtown to sundance square and the stockyards pretty guickly on weekends ane week nights. Just not during rush hour.
Overall not a bad place. You should like it.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:25 AM

65 posts, read 234,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt357_2000 View Post
Not much night life for 20 somethings but you can get downtown to sundance square and the stockyards pretty guickly on weekends ane week nights. Just not during rush hour.
Overall not a bad place. You should like it.
Fair enough... any idea how much a taxi service would charge for a ride to Sundance Square? Or is there any form of mass transit available?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:17 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,937,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisco750 View Post
Fair enough... any idea how much a taxi service would charge for a ride to Sundance Square? Or is there any form of mass transit available?
I don't know if the bus goes up there. You're better off driving to downtown. It's not far and parking is plentiful and free on nights and weekends (one of the best part about Sundance Square!). If you think you might have too much to drink, then yes, a taxicab will be able to take you to and from. I have no idea what they'd charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth