Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:22 AM

65 posts, read 234,442 times

Advertisements

Once again, great stuff Synopsis!

I still can't believe how much retail is located so close to the apartments... It will be quite a nice change from where I'm at now. I've got horses, cows and goats for neighbors and to get to any kind of store is at least a 10 minute drive! I guess that's desirable for raising kids or if you're retired... but it drives me nuts! *laugh*

Is there a grocery store located near the apartments? That would just be the icing on the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 07:53 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,962,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
LOL they might have thought you were a photographer for some mag.

I usually sneak a lot of pics (in general) w/ my phone and try to stay under the radar.

I was just at the Northeast Mall on Sat. Of course I got lost trying to get to it from DFW Airport after I dropped a friend off. I took Loop 820 S and had to make a U-turn to get on the northbound side. Is there a quicker way to get to the NE mall from Rt. 183 W.? TIA.
Yes, there is an exit for it but I can't for the life of me remember it. Another way would be to exit Precinct Line Road, travel about 1/2 of a mile South to Bedford/Euless Road, and then make a right. Northeast Mall is about half a mile up on your left. You can't miss it.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisco750 View Post
Once again, great stuff Synopsis!

I still can't believe how much retail is located so close to the apartments... It will be quite a nice change from where I'm at now. I've got horses, cows and goats for neighbors and to get to any kind of store is at least a 10 minute drive! I guess that's desirable for raising kids or if you're retired... but it drives me nuts! *laugh*

Is there a grocery store located near the apartments? That would just be the icing on the cake.
There's that Signature Kroger that you could hit with a rock from the patios of the apartments krisco..

See the Kroger on the right in this picture? It's very close. And, it's a good store as well. Reasonable prices and good quality produce; a large selection. It has a pharmacy, a bank, a deli, and is an all around great store.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,900,296 times
beowulf...
I got turned around everytime I went or came from NE MALL!! it's very confusing around with all the freeways etc...183/121/820 all looping and signage is aweful! Pipeline road exit runs right by the mall, so does Bedford Euless rd and Precinct Line Road will get there as well. (don't know if that helps you!) it's confusing as all get out!

I just ate at Carinos on Sat night (we were at the mall too! it was wicked crowded!) Food was good and the staff was very good. Plus the wait at Outback was 1 hour and Carinos it was 15-20min!

That area is growing nicely and it's so conviently located.

Welcome krisco!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
beowulf...
I got turned around everytime I went or came from NE MALL!! it's very confusing around with all the freeways etc...183/121/820 all looping and signage is aweful! Pipeline road exit runs right by the mall, so does Bedford Euless rd and Precinct Line Road will get there as well. (don't know if that helps you!) it's confusing as all get out!

I just ate at Carinos on Sat night (we were at the mall too! it was wicked crowded!) Food was good and the staff was very good. Plus the wait at Outback was 1 hour and Carinos it was 15-20min!

That area is growing nicely and it's so conviently located.

Welcome krisco!
That whole NE mall area IS confusing. It's right at the interchange between all of those freeways, the mix master, etc. I just take the quiet rout using Precinct Line Road. Also Pipeline is a good way to get there.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:25 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,937,792 times
^ Thanks for the info. on how to get to the NE Mall coming from the other side, Syn and 5stones. You're right that signs are horrible. Then, when I left the NE Mall, I wanted to go to downtown (Sundance Sq.). I took a gamble and went on Loop 820 S. after exiting the mall and luckily I found Rt. 121 S. (Airport Freeway), which took me to Belknap in downtown.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
^ Thanks for the info. on how to get to the NE Mall coming from the other side, Syn and 5stones. You're right that signs are horrible. Then, when I left the NE Mall, I wanted to go to downtown (Sundance Sq.). I took a gamble and went on Loop 820 S. after exiting the mall and luckily I found Rt. 121 S. (Airport Freeway), which took me to Belknap in downtown.
That's the exact route you should always take. Get on 820, go South, and then take the 121 exit to downtown FW, which is only about a ten minute drive. Coming from the South, exit Pipeline to get to the mall. Whereabouts do you live anyway beowulf7? You told me once but I've since forgotten.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 AM

65 posts, read 234,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
There's that Signature Kroger that you could hit with a rock from the patios of the apartments krisco..

See the Kroger on the right in this picture? It's very close. And, it's a good store as well. Reasonable prices and good quality produce; a large selection. It has a pharmacy, a bank, a deli, and is an all around great store.
Oh... didn't realize that was a supermarket - thought it was a department store by the name. Looks pretty nice for a grocery store!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisco750 View Post
Oh... didn't realize that was a supermarket - thought it was a department store by the name. Looks pretty nice for a grocery store!
I guess Kroger isn't a name up in Jersey. It's a very nice grocery store. Clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Some of the most helpful I've ever seen. And if you want even more upscale, you can go to the Tom Thumb on Grapevine Hwy (aka Colleyville blvd.) just a mile away. Then, there's a super large Wal-Mart further South on Precinct line and a Super Target about another half a mile south after that. The Super Target is the other place I do my grocery shopping. From where you are, to get to NE mall, just take Grapevine HWY West (that's the road that runs East/West in front of the apartments) about a mile and a half and you'll eventually run directly into the mall.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:00 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,937,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
That's the exact route you should always take. Get on 820, go South, and then take the 121 exit to downtown FW, which is only about a ten minute drive. Coming from the South, exit Pipeline to get to the mall. Whereabouts do you live anyway beowulf7? You told me once but I've since forgotten.
Thanks, once I got on Loop 820 S. and saw the exit for Rt. 121 S. and downtown FW, it was a straight-shot.

I live in NW FW near Lake Worth. I rarely venture out to the east side of FW. I happened to be in the area b/c I dropped off a friend at DFW Airport, did some shopping at Los Colinas, and then decided to do some more shopping at Northeast Mall. I think I'm turning into a woman w/ all this shopping I'm doing lately.

Yes, there are no Krogers in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth