Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2023, 10:14 AM

48,714 posts, read 35,236,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Has anyone here ever used Farro? I think I saw someone say that, which is why I bought some (was it Rickcin?) Anyone have a good recipe?

I've started putting salad dressing (Primal Kitchen) on my cooked grains, as a changeup from Liquid Aminos. A friend of mine uses Coconut Garlic liquid aminos. I like it much better than plain L.A.'s.

Tonight for dinner I'm going to try mixing grains to eat with salmon. This is all new to me. Elnina what at those mixed grains you used for dinner?
I would recommend a faro risotto. Anything with faro is delicious.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 10:18 AM

15,004 posts, read 442,230 times
Leftover chicken nuggets l

Old 09-29-2023, 01:13 PM

3,142 posts, read 2,064,139 times
Well, I did hours of errands yesterday, wasn't careful & just realized a few min ago that I accidentally left my $19 steak in the car overnight ... so, it's peasant food for me today... ground beef & potato soup with rosemary & dark rye bread.

At some point... I'm gonna have to mask up & bravely head to the Honda to do a recon mission armed with mask & sprays & a rosary.

Old 09-29-2023, 03:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 2,760,744 times
Picadillo and rice with iced tea.

Old 09-29-2023, 03:24 PM

62,309 posts, read 88,204,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Has anyone here ever used Farro? I think I saw someone say that, which is why I bought some (was it Rickcin?) Anyone have a good recipe?
That's "just" wheat but so much healthier than rice! I almost always try to substitute rice with healthier grains. It's fantastic mimicking risotto, also great to cook/cool and add to salads. You probably need to ask that Q on recipe forum

Quote:
Tonight for dinner I'm going to try mixing grains to eat with salmon. This is all new to me. Elnina what at those mixed grains you used for dinner?
I don't mix them just buy ready to cook in bags. Walmart has some, but Amazon has more and the price is great. Sadly, that's what I found. Rice rules in the US and grains are harder to find.
Here, in the EU we have dozens grain mixes ready to cook.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079WN7C3F/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBS35V6/

At Walmart you can find the brand: Seed of Change, but it's mostly rice - a cheap filler.
https://www.walmart.com/search?q=Seed+of+change

That's what on my plate:

Old 09-29-2023, 03:37 PM

62,309 posts, read 88,204,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Well, I did hours of errands yesterday, wasn't careful & just realized a few min ago that I accidentally left my $19 steak in the car overnight ... so, it's peasant food for me today... ground beef & potato soup with rosemary & dark rye bread.

At some point... I'm gonna have to mask up & bravely head to the Honda to do a recon mission armed with mask & sprays & a rosary.
I used to have a cheap, colorful food cooler , that I kept on front seat. Just perfect for few things that need to stay cool while I was running errands. Hard to forget when exiting the car - especially if you put your phone in the side pocket

https://www.amazon.com/Insulated-Reu...ref=mp_s_a_1_3

Old 09-29-2023, 04:04 PM

5,873 posts, read 11,997,601 times
I’m grilling some chicken leg quarters, making some brussel sprouts and for something completely different, I made this tomato galette today.

Old 09-29-2023, 04:58 PM

8,113 posts, read 10,720,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I’m grilling some chicken leg quarters, making some brussel sprouts and for something completely different, I made this tomato galette today.
It looks yummy!

Old 09-29-2023, 05:10 PM

6,398 posts, read 4,305,914 times
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with sautéed chicken with garlic, broccoli all in a fresh homemade pesto sauce with home grown basil.
Attached Thumbnails
What’s for Dinner-img_0967.jpeg  

Old 09-29-2023, 05:12 PM
Status: "Just think, a Buc-ee's replacing an old Buc-ee's." (set 9 days ago)

52,798 posts, read 48,208,715 times
Tonight at the Case abode: Another one of those TV dinners which I got recently from Lazy Dog. This one is barbecued meat loaf on a bed of haystack onions, sided with red-skin mashed potatoes w/brown gravy, garlic butter-mixed veggies (corn, peas, and carrots), and a chocolate peanut butter cup brownie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink