Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2022, 09:16 AM

50,590 posts, read 64,625,595 times

Advertisements

American Chop Suey for 2 here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2022, 10:35 AM

30,808 posts, read 21,689,603 times
Gonna slap half a turkey in the oven around 2pm. Takes around 1.45 hours to cook.

Old 12-25-2022, 12:40 PM

After the turkey is done i am gonna throw in a punken pie sly.

Old 12-25-2022, 02:11 PM

19,769 posts, read 9,684,650 times
Ham slices with MacNCheese and applesauce
Glass of Moscato wine

Tapioca cup

Old 12-25-2022, 02:13 PM

10,080 posts, read 18,220,738 times
Just finished my prime rib dinner a little while ago ... it was really good, but I air-fried it instead of turning on my big oven for just 1 small steak and that could have been a big mistake (but luckily it wasn't!). I'd checked online and wow, many people must like their prime rib well done as the timing seemed absurdly long (and the pictures of the prime rib don't show much pink!). I ignored the web sites and air-fried for 9 minutes total at 400 degrees, turning at the 5-minute mark. Even THAT was very very very slightly overdone, but not enough to spoil the steak (nowhere near that point!) -- at least I will know for next time! Oh, I seasoned it with just thyme and minced garlic -- those 2 always go well on prime rib.

I had the steak with only 2 of my usual veggies, onions and mushrooms, so I could finish quickly. My avocado was RIGHT on the verge of turning but I was able to get enough to smear over the steak -- not much tastes better than a bite of prime rib with avocado on it AND a few cooked onion slices! YUM! (And I saved some of the steak to have with my breakfast scramble over the next 2-3 days. DOUBLE YUM! )

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas. My kitty Berkeley has been under the weather the last few days which had me very worried ... but when I was eating dinner, he came over and wanted some (and I cut a tiny piece of prime rib into tinier pieces and fed them to him and he LOVED them ). When a kitty gets his appetite back, that's a very very good thing.
Attached Thumbnails
What’s for Dinner-dinner_2022-12-25_prime_rib_veggies_avocado.jpg  

Old 12-25-2022, 02:44 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,990,171 times
Smothered thick cut pork chops, cheesy broccoli, pickled beets, and maybe stove top dressing.

Old 12-25-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Just finished my prime rib dinner a little while ago ... it was really good, but I air-fried it instead of turning on my big oven for just 1 small steak and that could have been a big mistake (but luckily it wasn't!). I'd checked online and wow, many people must like their prime rib well done as the timing seemed absurdly long (and the pictures of the prime rib don't show much pink!). I ignored the web sites and air-fried for 9 minutes total at 400 degrees, turning at the 5-minute mark. Even THAT was very very very slightly overdone, but not enough to spoil the steak (nowhere near that point!) -- at least I will know for next time! Oh, I seasoned it with just thyme and minced garlic -- those 2 always go well on prime rib.

I had the steak with only 2 of my usual veggies, onions and mushrooms, so I could finish quickly. My avocado was RIGHT on the verge of turning but I was able to get enough to smear over the steak -- not much tastes better than a bite of prime rib with avocado on it AND a few cooked onion slices! YUM! (And I saved some of the steak to have with my breakfast scramble over the next 2-3 days. DOUBLE YUM! )

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas. My kitty Berkeley has been under the weather the last few days which had me very worried ... but when I was eating dinner, he came over and wanted some (and I cut a tiny piece of prime rib into tinier pieces and fed them to him and he LOVED them ). When a kitty gets his appetite back, that's a very very good thing.
Never used my big air fryer for any kind of steaks. Just fries and tater tots and chicken bites. I tried some drum sticks mick and they just lacked taste vs frying in the pan man.

Old 12-25-2022, 03:16 PM

5,873 posts, read 12,009,074 times
Just DH and I here tonight so Prime filet mignons, twice baked potatoes and roasted vegetables.

Old 12-25-2022, 03:51 PM

19,989 posts, read 30,428,810 times
Had a change and of plans …. Had to go visit a family member
At the hospital- went to brothers house for dinner
Lobster stew and prime grade tenderloin
Both were excellent!!

Then we had our “ tree” for the kids

Everything went real well .. no one talked politics!!!
And with many kiddies … one of the fathers had a portable teepee for indoors … the neatest thing the kids loved it… they could go in and hide .. lol kept them very entertained!

Old 12-25-2022, 04:13 PM

10,080 posts, read 18,220,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Never used my big air fryer for any kind of steaks. Just fries and tater tots and chicken bites. I tried some drum sticks mick and they just lacked taste vs frying in the pan man.
I'd never used the air fryer for any kind of steaks, either, but it turned out great. Now that I have a better idea of the RIGHT timing for rare, I will likely use it the next time I have prime rib (and since I'll be stocking up as it continues to be on sale, I might be having it once a month or so!).

I'm surprised that your air-fried drumsticks (presumably chicken) "lacked taste." I use my air fryer for chicken all the time (as in, several times a week) and I don't think it's EVER come out lacking taste!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink