Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 AM

17,700 posts, read 17,928,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree with you. These days we buy frozen pizzas, and my favorites are the ones imported from Italy. I go to Super Target and they have their own line called "Archer Farms" imported from Italy, and one is the grilled eggplant - it is delicious! And they are only $5, too!
Thanks! I'll have to go next payday to see if our local Target has it in stock. The nearest Super Target is in a high traffic area on the other side of the parish from us (Louisiana has parish instead of county). Will check the nearest regular Target to see if they may have it.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I don't know why any adult with a car would want pizza delivered from his neighborhood shop.
When my wife's pain is at it's worse, she must take Oxycodone and Flexeril for her spinal pain and related spasms. She can't drive when taking such medication. We both occasionally get migraines. I tried driving during a migraine attack, it was hell and I ended up going back home after one mile. It's rare we order delivery. Heck, it's rare we eat pizza.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:59 AM

302 posts, read 501,364 times
Quote:
I don't know why any adult with a car would want pizza delivered from his neighborhood shop.
I have fibromyalgia and lose all my energy in the mid afternoon. Hubby is either sleeping or working so he can't go as he works 3rd shift. MIL is legally blind and no longer has a license. Mother has dementia and no longer has a license. That's why either I do a pizza bar at home, or we have delivery. My delivery of choice is Pizza Hut, hand-tossed super supreme. If we must have Papa John's (MIL buying) then is the Works, but not sure which crust. Dominoes has never been a though for our family since I got married. Next up is Little Cesear's and we got one, got food poisoning and never got another.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 AM

88 posts, read 235,807 times
I spent 24 months based out of Naples, Italy eating endless amounts of pasta, pizza, etc. There literally is no comparison between a real pizza from Lazio or Campania and the chain stuff popular back home in the US but I still have a soft spot for it and the cheap grocery store kind every now and then when I don't feel like leaving from in front of the tv. We all know we're not gettig gourmet quality stuff when we pick up the phone and place an order lol.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domfromco View Post
I spent 24 months based out of Naples, Italy eating endless amounts of pasta, pizza, etc. There literally is no comparison between a real pizza from Lazio or Campania and the chain stuff popular back home in the US but I still have a soft spot for it and the cheap grocery store kind every now and then when I don't feel like leaving from in front of the tv. We all know we're not gettig gourmet quality stuff when we pick up the phone and place an order lol.
I had the same amount of time in Gaeta Italy. Lord I miss their food and cappuccinos!

Old 09-04-2013, 01:24 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,076,055 times
Quote:
Anyone who's time is valuable. People can be productive while they are waiting for their pizza to be delivered. If you go pick it up, you have to stand in line to pay for it. The pizza may not even be ready yet, so you may have to wait even longer. The pizza may have already been ready and sitting there getting cold waiting for you to pick it up.

When I delivered pizza, my customers knew that they were getting a valuable service from me. When the pizza came out of the oven, I put it in a heated bag and drove it directly to their house, and handed them a hot pizza. If they had picked it up, they would have probably wasted 30 minutes of their time, and their pizza would not have been very warm buy the time they got it home. Thats the way it worked 90% of the time anyway. The other 10% of the time, we were too busy and they would have probably been better off just picking it up. But thats another story.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:43 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,482,715 times
I really love the new Domino's. I think it tastes way better than it did, I very much like their marinara sauce. Great go-to cheap pizza on a lazy Friday night

Last edited by beatlecrazy; 09-04-2013 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: I accidentally a word

Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM

302 posts, read 501,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Anyone who's time is valuable. People can be productive while they are waiting for their pizza to be delivered. If you go pick it up, you have to stand in line to pay for it. The pizza may not even be ready yet, so you may have to wait even longer. The pizza may have already been ready and sitting there getting cold waiting for you to pick it up.

When I delivered pizza, my customers knew that they were getting a valuable service from me. When the pizza came out of the oven, I put it in a heated bag and drove it directly to their house, and handed them a hot pizza. If they had picked it up, they would have probably wasted 30 minutes of their time, and their pizza would not have been very warm buy the time they got it home. Thats the way it worked 90% of the time anyway. The other 10% of the time, we were too busy and they would have probably been better off just picking it up. But thats another story.
Have to brag here, when we see the steam coming from the pizza box, the driver gets a $15 tip. No steam, but warm or hot boxes, $10 and any other time unless they REALLY screw up it's $2-$5. The guy the other night, got no tip at all. It took 3 trips to bring 3 larges to us. They were all 3 the same pizza and according to the manager, all 3 were ready at the same time. He only picked up a single pizza. Needless to say, he no longer has a job as he did it all night long on a Friday night.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,076,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbjbb View Post
Have to brag here, when we see the steam coming from the pizza box, the driver gets a $15 tip. No steam, but warm or hot boxes, $10 and any other time unless they REALLY screw up it's $2-$5. The guy the other night, got no tip at all. It took 3 trips to bring 3 larges to us. They were all 3 the same pizza and according to the manager, all 3 were ready at the same time. He only picked up a single pizza. Needless to say, he no longer has a job as he did it all night long on a Friday night.
He sounds very inexperienced. But it is hard to tell if that was driver's fault or not. It could be an organization problem in the store. If the store is well organized and efficient it should have been clear to the driver that the order had three pizzas. Example the boxes labeled correctly and a proper delivery tag. If there are in store problems, then maybe he couldn't help it. Managers don't always tell the truth.

But yeah, a regular $15 tip will probably get your pizza delivered with steam coming out of the box most of the time, if you are with in a reasonable distance of the store. If you are farther away, then the driver will do what he can. And of course there will be days when all the orders are backed up, and there is nothing the driver can do about it, even if you tip a $100.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,943,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
I really love the new Domino's. I think it tastes way better than it did, I very much like their marinara sauce. Great go-to cheap pizza on a lazy Friday night
What kind of crust do you get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink