Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,045,263 times

Advertisements

Happy B-Day Elston, NMS, & 2Gs!!!! Hope you're having a fun one!

Old 10-30-2008, 05:17 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,877,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
LOL I know what you are going thru.....There was a time when my boys were young....they used to come home from school and start on me....."whats for supper?" I knew that no matter what I said, they would start on me about how disgusting and that they wouldn't eat it etc etc etc....like your DIVA. One day after a hard day at work...when they started What's for Supper? I lost it and answered.....Big Steaming Bowls of ---- and your gonna eat it and you're gonna like it! (I said the deleted expletive.....) The eldest was then about 8 and now he's in his forties.....he still laughs about that and teases me......altho at the time it did get their attention and for awhile everything got very quiet.
ROFLMAO...... LOL my four year old would be running around the house saying "WE'RE HAVING BOWLS OF SH**!" and when playing Restaurant she would say "and we have hot BOWLS OF sh** today" LOL I can just see that one going south real fast! LOL

Old 10-30-2008, 05:23 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,420,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Happy Birthday to NMS & 2G's! Wow! Makes me wonder if anyone shares my birthday!
I know we are the same age. Does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Hey, all who don't live in Maine.. Lobstergram is having a big sale right now. I'm thinking of ordering some lobsters from there.
Yum. I haven't had lobster in a really long time. I used to live on Long Isalnd and Lobster was good, moved to FL and couldn't stand the "warm" water fish-too mushy, now I'm in TN-What's Lobster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
You can use restaurant.com gift certificate for Lobstergram. If the discount code "TREATS" is still valid, you can get $25.00 gift certificate for $2.00. You have to spend $75.00 at Lobstergram in order to use the gift certificate, but if you buy it at $2.00, then it means you still save $23.00.

I'm always trying to find ways to be thrifty here.
Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,278,133 times
Quote:
( )

My guy was in Portland today....so he went to the pier....I would be afraid to save them until Sunday....so I will call this my birthday supper.....he said there are 5 and the weight is between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 so we willl have plenty.....tomorrow fresh calamari and perhaps a lobster roll will be another birthday supper. On our actual birthday... I will be back on the diet menu.....lol

We are having lobster at home as the price for live lobsters is somewhere between 3.50 and 4.50 per lb at the fish market (still over $5 a pound at the supermarket....but a couple of weeks ago we spent $20 for a lobster dinner...just a chicken lobster and slaw and fries......I can do that at home....thank you very much. There isnt any work to cooking and serving a lobster.
I was in BJ's today. Lobster tails were $27.99/lb. Unbelievable. So enjoy. Never heard of a chicken lobster. Do they lay eggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
ROFLMAO...... LOL my four year old would be running around the house saying "WE'RE HAVING BOWLS OF SH**!" and when playing Restaurant she would say "and we have hot BOWLS OF sh** today" LOL I can just see that one going south real fast! LOL
Reminds me of a story. My best friend andher SO used to snowmobile. He had the habit of inviting everyone on the trail back to the house for drinks and dinner. She got smart and started to make a crockpot meal before they left so she wouldn't be stuck making a huge meal after a day out in the cold and snow. Well, one time she made beef bourgignon (sp!). They walked into the house and, in front of all the guests, he said "It smells like s**t in here!" My friend, who takes a long time to get ticked, but blows when she does, had had it right about then. She very calmly walked over to the crock pot, unplugged it, opened up the back door and heaved the entire thing - crock pot, dinner and all - out into the snow in the back yard. She turned around, looked at him very sweetly and said, "Well, I wouldn't want my honey to eat s**t now, would I????" She said the dog next door was her best friend for the next two weeks!

Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM

513 posts, read 897,871 times
Scrambled eggs toast and sausage, I love Breakfast for dinner.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:54 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,867,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I was in BJ's today. Lobster tails were $27.99/lb. Unbelievable. So enjoy. Never heard of a chicken lobster. Do they lay eggs?

Reminds me of a story. My best friend andher SO used to snowmobile. He had the habit of inviting everyone on the trail back to the house for drinks and dinner. She got smart and started to make a crockpot meal before they left so she wouldn't be stuck making a huge meal after a day out in the cold and snow. Well, one time she made beef bourgignon (sp!). They walked into the house and, in front of all the guests, he said "It smells like s**t in here!" My friend, who takes a long time to get ticked, but blows when she does, had had it right about then. She very calmly walked over to the crock pot, unplugged it, opened up the back door and heaved the entire thing - crock pot, dinner and all - out into the snow in the back yard. She turned around, looked at him very sweetly and said, "Well, I wouldn't want my honey to eat s**t now, would I????" She said the dog next door was her best friend for the next two weeks!
OMG I might've done the same!!!!! Love it and would do it.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:20 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,420,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesnowflake View Post
Scrambled eggs toast and sausage, I love Breakfast for dinner.

My step-grandson calls that "Brinner"

Old 10-30-2008, 06:33 PM

48,183 posts, read 22,030,335 times
Well the lobsters were delicious and we have three on ice to pick tomorrow...probably lobster rolls.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:36 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,233,960 times
Quote:
DP just came home with 4 or 5 lobsters from the fishermans warf. Whooo Whoooo! Plus a bag of squid that need to be cleaned... and a huge swordfish steak and a huge fillet of fresh sword fish.

I am looking forward to the lobsters....cleaning the squid.....not so much......last time he bought the pre cleaned ones.....I dont think he had a clue that he wasnt this time. They are looking at me!
OMG, 5 lobsters right off the wharf and all of that other fresh fish. I'm getting palpitations just thinking of how wonderful it will be. Enjoy

Old 10-30-2008, 06:38 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,233,960 times
Elston - You lost 11 lbs so quickly? WooHoo! Congratulations!

Lacey - 30 lbs is excellent! You should be very, very proud.

Tonight we'll be having a small salad and lasagna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.