Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,166,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Roads are definitley not perfect in other states. I was talking to another poster about perfect roads. No state has perfect roads that was not what I meant. The poster said the roads here are all perfect. Not true.

My insurance is $235 cheaper when I go back to Massachusetts. Yes Massachusetts where everyone says it's SO expensive to live. And that is also comparing it to a basic coverage here of 10,000/20,000/10,000 coverage here in Florida as opposed to 50,000/100,000/100,000 coverage in MA. My $387 6 month coverage as opposed to $152 for 6 months there. I also have a spotless driving record. And live in low crime Cape Coral. Still a huge difference.

I agree about the humidity, to each his own with weather. I like it here in January when there is no humidity, can't stand it here right now. But other would hate the freezing cold. Where as I can get used to it. It's all in individuals preference. If you see the post I replied to the member said it's not humid in North Florida. That's where I made my comment on.
I'm glad that you reply, for all: is what you make out of your location. For the ones that want or have to depart the state is your option and we all respect your position. Hopefully all your desires do come a reality. For the ones that want to stay here, enjoy what you have as many pay to visit your backyard and also respect the views of others.

I think that we all answered the OP from both sides: Florida: A good place to visit, but terrible place to live?

Best of luck....

Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,776,340 times
Even though we are leaving, we are still going to visit our favorite places, our favorite restaurants, etc. I know we will miss a few things when we leave here. I always say to people looking into coming to Florida, visit for a few weeks, do some research, check everything out, then decide on a place to land. Consider your children if you have any. Florida is very diverse, both coasts are different, all areas are very different, I have lived in 4 different areas. I have my favorites.

Some of my posts are seemingly all "hate Florida". I have said good things too. You have to take everyones opinions in, not just mine or any other members. It all runs down to CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean you won't. No one has to agree with me or anyone else. We all have to agree to disagree sometimes. But we all need to get along. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
BGF

57 posts, read 203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Let me start off by saying that I am not a North Carolina Fan and if I ever did move there it would have to be for an absolutely great high paying job (I am not a fan of the real south and even the fake south, Florida,lol). But I am truly impressed by the dedication of cities like Charlotte and Raleigh to attract major corporate giants and strengthen their economies all while keeping the standard of living affordable. Charlotte after all is the second largest financial capitol in the US, that alone will attract people.
One question nobody seemed to have asked DailyJournalist is why hasn't he moved to NYC to work for the NY Times or DC for the Washington Post? Why stick around Orlando if he is so miserable?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,567,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGF View Post
One question nobody seemed to have asked DailyJournalist is why hasn't he moved to NYC to work for the NY Times or DC for the Washington Post? Why stick around Orlando if he is so miserable?
I am not an actual journalist, it is a nickname. BTW, I am moving soon.

Last edited by DailyJournalist; 08-12-2008 at 09:18 PM..

Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
Default We all can agree on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Even though we are leaving, we are still going to visit our favorite places, our favorite restaurants, etc. I know we will miss a few things when we leave here. I always say to people looking into coming to Florida, visit for a few weeks, do some research, check everything out, then decide on a place to land. Consider your children if you have any. Florida is very diverse, both coasts are different, all areas are very different, I have lived in 4 different areas. I have my favorites.

Some of my posts are seemingly all "hate Florida". I have said good things too. You have to take everyones opinions in, not just mine or any other members. It all runs down to CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean you won't. No one has to agree with me or anyone else. We all have to agree to disagree sometimes. But we all need to get along. Just my 2 cents.
Living here is not the same as vacationing here. Come down and stay for as long as you possibly can to see what every day life would be like. Best would be to find a short term rental, week or two, and try to go about doing what daily life would be like; driving around, grocery shopping, visit schools if you need that, etc., etc.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Native Floridians and Transplants, do you consider Florida a good or great place for a vacation or to visit, yet a bad place to live year-round?
Which Florida?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,965,236 times
The majority so far says Florida is a Terrible place to live, I guess I must have my head in the sand or where I am from is so much worse that Florida is great...Compared.

Should have been a public poll because I wonder how many multiple accounts were made to vote on here yes or no.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:51 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post

Should have been a public poll because I wonder how many multiple accounts were made to vote on here yes or no.
Funny that you said that because for the first few days, the the solid majority voted no.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:07 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
You can only vote once. You are blocked from voting more than once. Maybe all us "malcontents" just decided to make our voices known, even if many did decide to not post to this thread.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:12 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Maybe all us "malcontents" just decided to make our voices known, even if many did decide to not post to this thread.
Hey, I said your situation was different!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida