Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 06:28 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
That's b/c the homeless rate in Fla is increasing (not decreasing), and the governments are lying about it.
How do you support your feelings? without facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 AM

18,458 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
That's b/c the homeless rate in Fla is increasing (not decreasing), and the governments are lying about it.
Number of homeless drops by almost 9 percent in Florida

About 28,300 people in Florida experienced homelessness on a single night in 2019, down 8.7 percent from the previous year, says a Dec. 20 report from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The decline extends a trend that has seen homelessness across the state fall by 40 percent since 2013.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/hillsb...nt-in-florida/

Old 01-13-2020, 07:00 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Corrie22 again.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:57 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,855,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
How do you support your feelings? without facts?
Here are some facts for you. Why this is so hard to understand I will never know.

When I first bought my house in South Tampa in 2008, there were exactly ZERO homeless people loitering around my local Publix, CVS, Sam's Club and other local destinations. ZERO. NONE. ZILCHO. NADA. NIENTE. NEGATIVE. There were exactly ZERO camps of homeless living in tents in South Tampa. There were exactly ZERO homeless people sleeping on cardboard outside the Panera and Starbucks on Kennedy and Westshore boulevards. Now there are several large encampments. Now every morning when I walk my dog, I have to intentionally avoid three homeless men living outside Panera and Starbucks who like to make weird noises at my dog.

Now, today, in 2020, you can't go to any of these stores without encountering a homeless person.

Those are all the facts I need to come to the conclusion that homelessness has increased in South Tampa.

Do you need some more facts?

Here you go:

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/lo...d/67-509012885

“Cardboard is our best friend,” said a homeless man named Roger who spent the past several months sleeping on the streets of South Tampa.

Last edited by sinatras; 01-13-2020 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-13-2020, 08:35 AM

24,410 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Sinatras doesn't see the hypocrisy in her posts, "when facts backup my feelings, government is honest... when facts don't backup my feelings, government is lying."

Old 01-13-2020, 08:37 AM

486 posts, read 517,415 times
What exactly does the homeless issue have to do with infrastructure in a state btw?

Old 01-13-2020, 09:11 AM

24,410 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
What exactly does the homeless issue have to do with infrastructure in a state btw?
The OP said, “ Most places in FL are very well kept, sure there are some ghettos but that exists everywhere. Perhaps FL allocates most of its money to infrastructure?”

Being well-kept encapsulates many things related to streets, parks, etc where homelessness plays a large role.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Sinatras doesn't see the hypocrisy in her posts, "when facts backup my feelings, government is honest... when facts don't backup my feelings, government is lying."
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bmw335xi again.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Here are some facts for you. Why this is so hard to understand I will never know.

When I first bought my house in South Tampa in 2008, there were exactly ZERO homeless people loitering around my local Publix, CVS, Sam's Club and other local destinations. ZERO. NONE. ZILCHO. NADA. NIENTE. NEGATIVE. There were exactly ZERO camps of homeless living in tents in South Tampa. There were exactly ZERO homeless people sleeping on cardboard outside the Panera and Starbucks on Kennedy and Westshore boulevards. Now there are several large encampments. Now every morning when I walk my dog, I have to intentionally avoid three homeless men living outside Panera and Starbucks who like to make weird noises at my dog.

Now, today, in 2020, you can't go to any of these stores without encountering a homeless person.

Those are all the facts I need to come to the conclusion that homelessness has increased in South Tampa.

Do you need some more facts?

Here you go:

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/lo...d/67-509012885

“Cardboard is our best friend,” said a homeless man named Roger who spent the past several months sleeping on the streets of South Tampa.
The statement was "you believe the numbers of homeless are on the rise in Florida", your link didn't address the numbers however Corrie22 link did.

Feeling vs numbers = subjectivity vs objectivity

Reality is a beach

Old 01-13-2020, 11:02 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,855,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The statement was "you believe the numbers of homeless are on the rise in Florida", your link didn't address the numbers however Corrie22 link did.

Feeling vs numbers = subjectivity vs objectivity

Reality is a beach

The next time a homeless person takes a dump on my neighbor's front yard (as happened in October), I will remember, "The data show the homeless rate is in decline."

The next time a homeless person tries to kick my dog at Panera (as happened in December), I will remember, "The data show the homeless rate is in decline."

The next time a homeless person sets up a tent next to Yogurtology (as is the case currently), I will remember, "The data show the homeless rate is in decline."

The next time a homeless person exposes his penis behind Chick-Fil-A (as happened in November to a neighbor on Next Door and was reported to police), I will remember, "The data show the homeless rate is in decline."

The next time a homeless man and his crap block my access to the shopping carts at Publix (as happened on Saturday evening), I will remember, "The data show the homeless rate is in decline."

The data scientists have zero credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida