Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 PM

383 posts, read 281,581 times

Advertisements

California is a cesspool with great public transportation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 06:57 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat View Post
California is a cesspool with great public transportation
Even the public transportation is not good or efficient. Outside of San Francisco, it’s not much different than most of the country. The San Francisco Area is pretty much the only area in California where you can truly live without a car, but even there most people have cars because it is still more convenient and pleasant.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:23 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,751,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
OK based on this I think this guy must be punking us. Well played sir, well played.

Yes. He's been called out as a troll on the Orlando board.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:56 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
Yes. He's been called out as a troll on the Orlando board.

Yep, he basically posts for reactions. He will intentionally recommend an undesirable part of town to someone seeking a good area for a family with good schools. Or one moment he loves Puerto Ricans and bashes Trump and then another thread he loves Trump and literally says Puerto Ricans destroyed the city. It all depends on the thread and which position will generate the bigger reaction lol. It seems most have figured this out already. It's entertaining sometimes nonetheless.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 476 times
When you are saying FL is well kept I assume you believe that because you have only visited gated communities & tourist areas who have the money to support being well kept. FL is over developed & not well maintained at all. Developers come in, clear cut an area, put up a few crappy buildings after getting huge tax breaks, sell off the rest of the development & move on to the next area they want to destroy. The FL governments support this habit.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:20 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,821,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Orlando area ranks last in the nation in pedestrian safety, and presence of bicycle or pedestrian lanes, and crosswalks. Although Gainesville, FL (university town) is excellent.
Do you know why?

Old 12-13-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
Some people on here have a chip on shoulder against California. And I don't know why.
I do... they stole my daughter!

Works both ways. Florida is right of center politically and California is left of center. Makes us natural political combatants. Truth be known, Florida is what California usta be.

I hope we see, those of us in Florida, how CA has gone full retard... socially. CA-TX-Fl are probably the three most popular states. Reality... we have more in common then what separates us.

Although we have vastly better fishing in Florida.

Old 12-14-2019, 08:46 AM
aax

710 posts, read 498,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
FL has much better infrastructure than CA? Most with any knowledge of what infrastructure means, as well as those lacking in some political agenda would disagree. If referencing highways and public transportation alone, CA blows away FL.
Well there's no desire for public transportation here. Everyone knows to get a car to live here.

And if they could build a subway here (which they cannot) it would only be used by the kind of dirty people you see carrying signs in Orlando traffic or pushing the baby carriage`across the middle of six lane roads not at crosswalk. Who would want to ride with those people?

Old 12-14-2019, 10:26 AM

Florida is a prime state for all electric stuff. Solar is growing exponentially, economy is great, people (mostly) like it here, it's not just retirement anymore. We do have great roads, even rural areas. Personalized transportation is king and will remain king, but there is Brightline, Miami Metrorail, Tri Rail, Sun Rail etc.

Our infrastructure is new and is growing all the time. Our challanges includes water management, but we're working on it and have the right people in place to move forward with positive results. I'm very confident in Florida's leadership at this time.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:28 PM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times
I haven't been to California in over 50 years..I take it it has changed a little..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida