Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 05:39 AM
aax

710 posts, read 499,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Sounds like good management and planning? Are you high? Fiscal planning or lack thereof is how FL arrived at inadequate funding for highway construction and the necessity of building toll roads which oh by the way upon completion run anywhere from 10-20 years behind development. Not to mention a "planning process" which functions as an after thought to development time after time. Also I'm not in any "lock step" with any politics as I find other states (a red state like NC for example) much more in tune with road construction needs and maintenance so perhaps you're the one projecting there just a bit politically...?

Some people on here have a chip on shoulder against California. And I don't know why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 06:51 AM
aax

The saddest thing is that this place could be a progressive paradise. But retired and military people are so stingy and stuck in their ways they keep re-electing R's to office in florida.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:37 AM

17,538 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
The saddest thing is that this place could be a progressive paradise. But retired and military people are so stingy and stuck in their ways they keep re-electing R's to office in florida.
Well here's an idea - why don't you California lovers just move there? By the way, California has had its share of Republican leaders. And plenty of us Floridians (and I am a native) do not want a "progressive paradise."

Old 07-19-2019, 11:14 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
Volusia County doesn't have a Medical Examiner. They hired one, but they bailed when they saw the facilities. I believe we have a renta-ME right now. This is a basic responsibility of a county. They want some road and drainage improvements, instead of making realistic impact fees from developers they held a special election to raise sales tax 1/2%. Guess what it failed.

If Volusia County manages their infrastructure any worse they will forget to fund the sheriff's office and we will end up with uber deputies that bring their own car... And yes the sheriff has complained about funding, so it can happen. As a Volusia County resident, I am not impressed with the infrastructure in Florida.
Well in my area of Volusia County they are widening two roads and long before the traffic will be an issue and working on another where traffic will definitely increase over the years due to building.

I am glad to hear the tax increase did not fly. Make the develops pay. They pay the politicians so they have the money.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:16 PM
aax

California is so much better in every way. I know exactly where I want to live there and what size house I require. But until then I'm caught here in this hell.

Old 07-20-2019, 01:28 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,433,741 times
Quote:
California is so much better in every way. I know exactly where I want to live there and what size house I require. But until then I'm caught here in this hell.
How long until you bug out?

Old 07-20-2019, 05:01 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well here's an idea - why don't you California lovers just move there? By the way, California has had its share of Republican leaders. And plenty of us Floridians (and I am a native) do not want a "progressive paradise."
“Progressive paradise” is an oxymoron. there is no such thing. everywhere progressive ideals are put into place the area goes to $hit

Old 07-20-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Care to elaborate specifically, or just parroting more conservative BS?
Yes I have also lived in California my whole life. Roads are the last thing they spend money on. In fact I just passed a gas tax which is supposedly supposed to go for roads and it’s going to go for everything but. This is not conservative “BS”. Even liberal publications such as the LA Times are finally starting to notice that they are taking the money for roads, but not spending it on roads. I lived in Orlando for a year and I will say that in some ways the California freeway system is better but that is not a result of things they’re doing today. That is due to construction done a very long time ago, over 30 years. Things are much different now. And I’m not sure what more proof you need. For example they just passed a bill providing healthcare to illegals up to age 26. Last time I checked that wasn’t a road...

Old 07-20-2019, 05:25 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Yes I have also lived in California my whole life. Roads are the last thing they spend money on. In fact I just passed a gas tax which is supposedly supposed to go for roads and it’s going to go for everything but. This is not conservative “BS”. Even liberal publications such as the LA Times are finally starting to notice that they are taking the money for roads, but not spending it on roads. I lived in Orlando for a year and I will say that in some ways the California freeway system is better but that is not a result of things they’re doing today. That is due to construction done a very long time ago, over 30 years. Things are much different now. And I’m not sure what more proof you need. For example they just passed a bill providing healthcare to illegals up to age 26. Last time I checked that wasn’t a road...

Exactly, the issue is they say we are going to increases taxes and increase fees to build and repair roads and highways, but instead use the money elsewhere.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Well I've never actually been there. But I have seen shows set there, like The OC, 90210.
OK based on this I think this guy must be punking us. Well played sir, well played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida