Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:05 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Well, all I can say is if the guy next door is now paying $8,000 for a 2300 sq. ft. home on 2 lots and his insurance is over $2,000. it's still not worth it at all.
You never know when a hurricane is going to come and destroy your home and then you may just get dropped by your insurance company and be left with nothing.
Up north is the place to be.

Florida is ok to visit but that's about it.
Sorry, that's just the way I feel about this backwards State.
Have you forgotten what you were saying just a few months ago, and I quote from one of your many many posts.

Quote bamboosmom :
"Everybody thinks that the next place is going to be better. I still think Florida is more diverse and has more things to do. If I had to choose all over again, I still would choose Florida. I think the Carolinas and Tn are pretty, but I wouldn't live there. You still can get a great price on a home here if you aren't looking to get the biggest house on the block."
End Quote

Now that you are no longer a Floridian, Moderator cut: __ I have a feeling your are experiencing some second thoughts as well as sour grapes now that you will not be living in Florida anymore. I don't think you are as happy about your move as you pretend. That quote by the way is only from August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2006, 06:11 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,571,889 times
What I said is true and I still feel that way. There is good and bad everywhere. I still would choose Florida anyday over the Carolina's or Tenn.
Hands down. Florida has a great climate, nice places to visit, warm breezes but I HATE HURRICANES. If there was a way of giving me a guarantee that there would never be another hurricane in my backyard, and my family would all move down, I wouldn't be going anywhere.
I am bad mouthing the politcians that are screwing everything up down here.
They do things A S S backwards. We sit and wait and wait until they do a million studies before they get things done right. Who wants to dispute that?
Anybody?

I am very very very very happy about the move back north. I care about family, haven't you been hearing what I have been saying?
Geez, it seems there is always somebody that disagrees with someone. It's human nature. I am happy!!!!! See me smiling????

Do you have nothing better to do than search the old posts from the other members here, Mac?

Old 11-28-2006, 06:18 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,017 times
Quote:
What I said is true and I still feel that way. There is good and bad everywhere. I still would choose Florida anyday over the Carolina's or Tenn.
Hands down. Florida has a great climate, nice places to visit, warm breezes but I HATE HURRICANES. If there was a way of giving me a guarantee that there would never be another hurricane in my backyard, and my family would all move down, I wouldn't be going anywhere.
I am bad mouthing the politcians that are screwing everything up down here.
They do things A S S backwards. We sit and wait and wait until they do a million studies before they get things done right. Who wants to dispute that?
Anybody?

I am very very very very happy about the move back north. I care about family, haven't you been hearing what I have been saying?
Geez, it seems there is always somebody that disagrees with someone. It's human nature. I am happy!!!!! See me smiling????
I wish I could go back to where I am from.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:20 PM

Default Just do it then

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
I wish I could go back to where I am from.
Why not just do it? You can make it happen. You aren't stuck anywhere.
It's a free country. We aren't going back to NY or Jersey but are moving to Pa which is close enough. Maybe you can do the same near your home state.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:27 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,566 times
Quote:

The family next door purchased the home back in March. The taxes on the previous owners were about $2500. The new people have a house in the community and bought this one also. He can't sell the other home because he wants way too much for it. His new tax bill comes for his new home next door to me...guess what the taxes are??? $8,500!!!!! WOW!!!! Now that is a reason that the middle class are going to suffer here. Thank goodness we sold our home and will be out of here soon.
I love Florida but it will have to be for vacations from now on
That property tax is over $23/day and over $700/month!!! THAT'S NUTS!!! I honestly don't understand how local governments expect people to pay these taxes?? The change from $2500 to $8500 is so excessive as to make buying the house a no-go for most prospective buyers, and almost impossible to sell if you're the seller as few can afford the readjusted property tax burden. That is really shooting the state in the foot at some point and exasperating what is already a terribly poor housing market.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:27 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,654,361 times
Never mind, forget it

Last edited by MrTudo; 11-28-2006 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: because, that's why

Old 11-28-2006, 06:32 PM

Default It doesn't matter to me

I know where I want to be Mr. T.

I do have mixed feelings about Florida, this is true. But like I said before,
if somebody could promise us no more hurricanes, and your remember Charley don't you??? I wouldn't run so fast.
The guy next door paid too much for that house and his tax bill is what we are talking about here. Let's not get off that subject.
I was in that house and it had nothing going for it except that it is on two lots and is a nice size home. The previous owner did shotty work inside the home. Now the new guy has to correct all the mistakes.
That's what we were talking about here.

I thought you were going to move to Pa. also Mr. T? You were mentioning the Hideout, weren't you????

Old 11-28-2006, 06:43 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,017 times
Quote:
Why not just do it? You can make it happen. You aren't stuck anywhere.
It's a free country. We aren't going back to NY or Jersey but are moving to Pa which is close enough. Maybe you can do the same near your home state.
I am from southwest Fla. I have seen the change in the water and wildlife, ever see a deer here ? when you got here til now have you notice less birds, When was the last time you seen a firefly here ? If you think florida is great now, go back 25 years it was paradise. everyone was happy here. Now its just a place to make a buck. The water in charlotte harbor was clear like the water in the keys. people would move here to enjoy life. Now its to find the pot of gold. Its very sad.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Wow, that is very very bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
I am from southwest Fla. I have seen the change in the water and wildlife, ever see a deer here ? when you got here til now have you notice less birds, When was the last time you seen a firefly here ? If you think florida is great now, go back 25 years it was paradise. everyone was happy here. Now its just a place to make a buck. The water in charlotte harbor was clear like the water in the keys. people would move here to enjoy life. Now its to find the pot of gold. Its very sad.
This is what I have been talking about. The harbor looks horrible.
The redtide is around more than I would like.
The hurricanes are not fun.
I haven't seen a firefly-ever!
Only saw a dead deer on the side of the road.

What a shame. I loved it here when we moved down 6 1/2 years ago.
What is happening??

Old 11-28-2006, 06:51 PM

8 posts, read 31,577 times
She says: "As far as Florida being PARADISE, it still is. It's the politics that are destroying this state."

And she's going to NY & NJ!! Good thing the politics in those places so greatly enhance the quality of life. But she'll surely fit right in I Betcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida