Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider93 View Post
There has been talk of something to rival Rodeo Drive for some time. Sounds silly for Arkansas, but there is a boat load 'o money in these hills.

--jcd
That is pure silliness. For retailers like Gucci, Armani, and Louis Vuitton to locate in Rogers there would have to be a much higher population with money than there currently is. Yes, NWA has money, but not enough people with it to support retail rivaling Rodeo Drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 PM

32 posts, read 130,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
That is pure silliness. For retailers like Gucci, Armani, and Louis Vuitton to locate in Rogers there would have to be a much higher population with money than there currently is. Yes, NWA has money, but not enough people with it to support retail rivaling Rodeo Drive.
I'm afraid you under-estimate the kind of spending power here.

--jcd

Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:

--jcd
You're not going to want to hear this, but Pulaski county (LR) has over twice the spending power (as of 2007) of Benton and Washington counties combined, and yet Pulaski county doesn't have the spending power to support Rodeo Drive league retailers. NWA doesn't have the regional draw either that a real city has.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:30 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You're not going to want to hear this, but Pulaski county (LR) has over twice the spending power (as of 2007) of Benton and Washington counties combined, and yet Pulaski county doesn't have the spending power to support Rodeo Drive league retailers. NWA doesn't have the regional draw either that a real city has.
Neither of them have a chance lol. Arkansas is just too small. But i like it that way

Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Neither of them have a chance lol. Arkansas is just too small. But i like it that way
I agree. Only one county in Arkansas (Pulaski) has a per capita income above the national average, and our state is in the lower 40s. It doesn't keep me from loving living here, though.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 PM

369 posts, read 1,301,868 times
Quote:
Supposedly, plans are moving forward for a "more upscale" retail center on the other side of 540 around the Embassy Suites. There has been talk of something to rival Rodeo Drive for some time. Sounds silly for Arkansas, but there is a boat load 'o money in these hills.
Some Northwest Arkansans are so out of touch with reality that it literally makes me "laugh out loud" sometimes. I was talking to a guy from Rogers a while back that said that they are likely getting a Rolls Royce dealership up there soon because Northwest Arkansas is so wealthy. I sometimes wonder if some of these people ever leave that little corner of the state...

Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Pulaski Player View Post
Some Northwest Arkansans are so out of touch with reality that it literally makes me "laugh out loud" sometimes. I was talking to a guy from Rogers a while back that said that they are likely getting a Rolls Royce dealership up there soon because Northwest Arkansas is so wealthy. I sometimes wonder if some of these people ever leave that little corner of the state...
Hmm the nearest Rolls Royce dealerships are in Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta. Somehow I don't think Rogers, Arkansas fits the pattern.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:21 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,982 times
Default Where are you?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
Have you considered Lowell area, especially the north side that borders Rogers?

Hi jdslady. Hope that you are doing okay. Haven't 'heard' from you lately. Miss your posts.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:33 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:

--jcd
How much spending power do you think a person has with 3000-5000 acres and 500-800 head of cattle?

I know more than a couple of folks like that, and we're just a drop in the bucket.

When you can buy a $150,000 combine, and write a check for it, I'm thinking that's "spending power".

These folks do take vacations and go shopping around the state occasionally.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:27 AM

17 posts, read 59,292 times
Rogers, Bentonville, or Bella Vista are great places to live! I lived in Rogers ten years, and Bentonville for another ten years, and they are both great places to live. The schools were excellent, in my opinion, and it is just an all around great area to live in. Best of luck

[mod cut] Just a reminder to all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
MODERATOR: Folks, this thread has derailed badly. Let's get it back on track and respond to the OP or I'll need to shut it down. I'm sorry, but this is brought up about every other day.

In the future, all posts regarding anything about Zinc, Harrison in the sense of it being the headquarters for the KKK, the leaders, the ones who say they are KKK and the Who-done-it boys will be deleted as off topic if it isn't the subject of the original poster's question. We can't get to the real meat of things for this coming up all the time. People with questions will be pointed to the search feature - there's plenty 'nuff been said.

If it makes the news, that's one thing...but we're rehashing the same stuff.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-28-2008 at 06:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers