Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:15 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
I think people should do a little research before they start spreading MYTHS like Harrison being some sort of hub of KKK and racist activity.
I agree, i dont think Harrison is completely racist, though i think there might be a few of em in the area I definatly saw the longest mullet I have ever seen in harrison at all region tryouts when i was in school! My god that thing must have taken years to cultivate, WAAAY below the belt! It was a beast! I swear i saw so many mullets at that one place in Harrison lol, it was interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 PM

369 posts, read 1,301,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
I think people should do a little research before they start spreading MYTHS like Harrison being some sort of hub of KKK and racist activity.
The Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is headquartered there, and not too many places in America would ever allow such an organization to exist in their town, so that says a lot about Harrison. Also, I admit that I would not recommend a non-white person to Harrison no matter what.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 AM

90 posts, read 352,867 times
I read up on Harrison and Wikipedia confirms: "Harrison is home to the national headquarters of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan".

I for one, have heard from many people to stay away from there and will do so. Knowing I live so close to these pieces of garbage makes me sick. It is sad that in this day and age there are still ignorant people like this and that this town would allow such a disgusting group to reside in their limits.

Pathetic!

Old 03-29-2008, 07:24 AM

452 posts, read 1,639,839 times
whats wrong with the KKK? Why does everyone hate them so much? This country is about diversity and everyone has the right to think and believe how they want.......I'm not a racist in any way. However, just like there is freedom of religion in this country there should also be freedom of organizations

Old 03-29-2008, 07:28 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
whats wrong with the KKK? Why does everyone hate them so much? This country is about diversity and everyone has the right to think and believe how they want.......I'm not a racist in any way. However, just like there is freedom of religion in this country there should also be freedom of organizations
Extremist groups can exist in this country if they want - thats the beauty of a free country. However, the mainstream public should not be expected to embrace them in any way. Just because the KKK has a right to be an organization doesn't mean I have to like them.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:46 AM

According to Wikipedia the KKK is located out of Zinc, AR which is 10 miles out of Harrison.......I peronsonally don't like the town of Harrison, it has a very strange feel to it, definitely the type of place I would expect the KKK to be located....It feels very backwoodsish, Klanish (lol), narrow-minded, just flat out creepy IMO

Old 03-29-2008, 09:10 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Quote:
What's wrong with the KKK is that they are violent. And they are a terrorist organization. If they were simply a social organization, like Italian American or Irish American groups, then no problem, But they aren't. They are a gang. Just as bad as the Bloods or the Crips. Except they've been around longer and target innocent people. At least gangs target other gang members for the most part. The KKK attacks people simply for not being White or heterosexual. You can be against something or not like a lifestyle without being violent about it.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:32 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,240 times
Quote:
I find it strange when someone asks, "What's wrong with the KKK?". I believe in freedom of speech, but I don't believe in what the KKK stands for. Please tell me that NW Arkansas is not pro-KKK.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:34 PM

I can assure you that NW Arkansas is not pro-KKK....

Old 03-29-2008, 04:35 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
Arkansas is not pro KKK and this is much ado about nothing. Please - there's a few nuts everywhere, so somehow we got the dubious honor of having the headquarters here. When is the last time you ever heard of the Klan doing anything? Give it up, folks...the days of the riders are long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers