Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 02:01 PM

677 posts, read 935,617 times

Advertisements

I've always used moisturizers. However it's important to note that you should change your moisturizer depending upon the season or climate. You don't a heavy thick moisturizer when it's 90 plus outside, & a lightweight one won't suffice for harsh winters. So since it's hot & humid now I like Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty or Dior's Hydrating face mist spray, but when it's 20 degrees I bring out the big guns like Clinique's Moisture on Line. SPF may be a good thing to have but when it's 90 outside they're way too oily so I just avoid the sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,402,386 times
To be honest, I avoid using all sorts of moisturizers. My rule of thumb generally is not to apply anything on my face that I cannot eat. I use coconut oil on my skin couple of times a week. This is the best nature's moisturizer. A lot of times, you will find CO as an ingredient in your skin care products and it's there for a reason. It has great anti-bacterial and anti-aging properties. However, I just use CO straight. If I have the best single ingredient, why do I need anything else?
I also use it on my body, not just my face.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,672,998 times
I've used straight up olive oil before, but it just is not working for me. I've also tried to use the oil-cleansing method ( The Oil Cleansing Method - A simple, cleansing facial massage for clear skin! ), touted by many minimalist friends as nirvana for your skin...can't say I ever felt it did much of anything for me, though. But I do know many who swear by it.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 PM

59 posts, read 121,089 times
I started using a moisturizer when I was probably about 13. I am 22 now, and I'm hoping that when I'm older I won't look it because I started moisturizing at such a young age.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
I have very dry skin, so I use it at morning and night. And lots of products don't work for me, so I do have to pay a little extra for something very moisturizing. I'm 27. it does depend on your skin type, environment, etc. If your hand lotion is doing the job, don't be suckered into spending money at Sephora. If you think that you really want to use something, just get a basic Olay or Loreal moisturizer at CVS.
Well, i'm 21 atm and I also have dry skin and to coupe with it you really have to spend extra

Old 08-10-2019, 09:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,234,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
As much as I hate to ask this, when did most of you ladies start using a facial moisturizer? Im 23.

Currently I dont really do anything other than use some lotion on my face when its feeling a bit dry (which isnt often).
I spoke with someone at Sephora, and the lady was surprised that I just used hand lotion when needed. Im not interested in using something expensive ($20 for a jar of lotion is expensive).

Im fair skinned, and try to stay out of the sun (when Im in the sun I have a big floppy hat/sunglasses)

What say you, ladies?
Wear sunscreen. Use a drugstore moisturizer like Cera Ve. I’ve used moisturizer for decades. Modern products are very good. Use a daytime moisturizer and a nightime moisturizer. Take care of your skin. It is the only one you get.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:46 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,078,460 times
I started using good skin care in my teens. Things I've stayed away from or limited are
smoking (never), sun, sugary things and soap (never on my face).

I'll be 72 shortly and almost always get taken for 50's by both men and women.

Now I mostly use serums...at night retinol and vitamin c, day hyaluronic acid and coq10. Advanced Clinicals
has a good line of quality products that are not expensive.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:06 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,294,043 times
I 60 and now regularly use one with little spf in it and makes my foundation go on smoother. I still don't bother if I'm going makeup free and staying inside for the day.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:13 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,707,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Wear sunscreen. Use a drugstore moisturizer like Cera Ve. I’ve used moisturizer for decades. Modern products are very good. Use a daytime moisturizer and a nightime moisturizer. Take care of your skin. It is the only one you get.
I would hope that within 9 years, the OP has found a product that suits her needs.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:20 PM

19,445 posts, read 15,295,365 times
I really don't use a moisturizer. My skin type is oily and even though I've read over and over about how important it is, no matter what skin type, I just can't do it. It always just feels gross. I have used Oil of Olay in the past, as it seemed to be pretty light, but I can't even do that now.

The only one I can use, sparingly, is Noxzema. People say that it's detrimental to the skin, with the menthol and eucalyptus, although I don't understand that, given it was touted as a sunburn soother for decades, but it's the only thing that works for me, and I rarely even use that. It makes my skin feel more "creamy" rather than "oily" or "greasy." And it never makes me break out.

And, not a surprising revelation, it reminds me of being a kid at the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty