Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:23 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,830,289 times

Advertisements

Also, wearing sunglasses will help keep that delicate skin around your eyes from sun damage. Sun damage paired with squinting all the time causes those deep crow's feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:28 AM

4 posts, read 4,627 times
Talking I am a guy

This is not for me as i am male. There are some male products available in the market now a days. But i am always not interested about beauty cream. But in winter i have to use some petroleum jelly in my lips for the cracks.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,326,696 times
I didn't start with moisturizer until my late-20's, and those were light variations. In my teens and earlier-20's I had beautiful skin but it was very oily (I wore that 70's "sheen" really well).

I use Merle Norman's 'Superlube' on my crow's feet at night.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:00 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,458,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
As much as I hate to ask this, when did most of you ladies start using a facial moisturizer? Im 23.

Currently I dont really do anything other than use some lotion on my face when its feeling a bit dry (which isnt often).
I spoke with someone at Sephora, and the lady was surprised that I just used hand lotion when needed. Im not interested in using something expensive ($20 for a jar of lotion is expensive).

Im fair skinned, and try to stay out of the sun (when Im in the sun I have a big floppy hat/sunglasses)

What say you, ladies?
Lucky you! I have always had very dry sensitive skin so I have been using a moisturizer for as long as I can remember. Neutrogena works the best for my skin. Im a medium color.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Probably 13 or 14. I had combination skin, so I used Johnson & Johnson Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, since it hydrated the parts that were flaky, but also had salicylic acid to combat any breakouts. I wore that through my twenties, and now, in my early 30s, My skin is less oily, so I don't really need the breakout prevention anymore. Currently, my only breakouts are hormone-related, so a topical treatment won't do much anyway.

I now use Olay Regenerist, because even though my skin is mostly unlined at 33, I've always worn prescription glasses and been unable to wear sunglasses most of the time, so I have some fine crows' feet from squinting in the sun.

The best thing I've ever done for my skin is refuse to tan.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,739,599 times
Body lotion and hand lotion is not formulated to use on the face. Too thick, depending on the brand, it might start some breakouts if you are prone to them. Oil of Olay, Nutrisse and Neutrogena are all good for your age group. The price of their basic moisturizers hover around $10 to $15 if you buy at a discount department store.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,603,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
As much as I hate to ask this, when did most of you ladies start using a facial moisturizer? Im 23.

Currently I dont really do anything other than use some lotion on my face when its feeling a bit dry (which isnt often).
I spoke with someone at Sephora, and the lady was surprised that I just used hand lotion when needed. Im not interested in using something expensive ($20 for a jar of lotion is expensive).

Im fair skinned, and try to stay out of the sun (when Im in the sun I have a big floppy hat/sunglasses)

What say you, ladies?

I have been using an appropriate facial cleanser and moisturizer since I was 12. 20 yes later my skin looks great, many think I'm much younger than I am. I know it has to do with taking care of my skin.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:59 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,477,234 times
I started using Oil of Olay twice a day at age 12. I always had very dry, tight skin and I use it every time my face gets wet or washed. I'm 42 and most people think I'm younger. Ole'!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:27 PM

40 posts, read 116,735 times
Because I started using moisturizer and taking care of my skin at such a young age, at the age of 59, I look 20 years younger. I do not have any wrinkles or crows feet.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:40 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,041,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Body lotion and hand lotion is not formulated to use on the face. Too thick, depending on the brand, it might start some breakouts if you are prone to them. Oil of Olay, Nutrisse and Neutrogena are all good for your age group. The price of their basic moisturizers hover around $10 to $15 if you buy at a discount department store.
Wow, I forgot Id started this thing. lol

The brand I use is the cheap-o kind (Suave), so it isnt thick at all. Its actually lighter than some of the brands Ive tried that you mentioned.

So far, my skin HATES Oil of Olay (I have a nice whopper of a zit because of that stuff!), and Neutrogena felt greasy/sticky. Havent tried Nutrisse.

Ive never had the Monster Zit problem with my cheapo stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty