Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 02:18 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,829,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Single mother, Crystal Bowersox has a large tatoo on her back. She said she wanted to win American Idol so she could give her child a better life than she had. I wondered, if she wanted her child to have a better life, why would she be spending her money on a tatoo?
Maybe she got it before the kid.

Maybe it was a gift from a friend.

Maybe she was an apprentice's guinea pig.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,709,430 times
Quote:
Single mother, Crystal Bowersox has a large tatoo on her back. She said she wanted to win American Idol so she could give her child a better life than she had. I wondered, if she wanted her child to have a better life, why would she be spending her money on a tatoo?
A classic example of not looking ahead when you're young and foolish.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
A classic example of not looking ahead when you're young and foolish.
A classic example of making assumptions about people without knowing their circumstances.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:12 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,709,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
A classic example of making assumptions about people without knowing their circumstances.
Next I suppose you're gonna have the brass to claim I'm wrong without knowing why I said that.

But that's ok really. You're staying right in character we all know and love.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,669,088 times
Quote:

As a poster said above, there are a multitude of different reasons why she got her tattoos. I honestly have no idea who she is and have never watched a single episode of American Idol, nor do I have cable so I don't really follow things like that.

There's a reason it took me 6 years to get my sleeve done (and it's still not finished)....rent, medical bills, regular bills, family, school etc etc all come first. I put maybe $50 a month in my 'tattoo fund' and get tattooed 2 or 3 times a year at most.

I don't think going on a 'reality show' would give my make-believe child a better life... being a musicians son/daughter is no life for a child. Getting an education and a stable job is trying to make a good life for your child.

But, those are her decisions and not mine.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:32 AM

345 posts, read 1,643,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As a poster said above, there are a multitude of different reasons why she got her tattoos. I honestly have no idea who she is and have never watched a single episode of American Idol, nor do I have cable so I don't really follow things like that.

There's a reason it took me 6 years to get my sleeve done (and it's still not finished)....rent, medical bills, regular bills, family, school etc etc all come first. I put maybe $50 a month in my 'tattoo fund' and get tattooed 2 or 3 times a year at most.

I don't think going on a 'reality show' would give my make-believe child a better life... being a musicians son/daughter is no life for a child. Getting an education and a stable job is trying to make a good life for your child.

But, those are her decisions and not mine.

I think it's great that the woman on American Idol with a tattoo is doing everything she can to get money in any way that she can.

I ALSO think it's great that you don't make the decisions for HER life.

Anyway, what if she doen't want to work in a stable?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:23 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,224,836 times
Quote:
Respect has to be earned not given. When you get tribal markings that is IMO disrespectful of your body given to clean and unblemished.
So you don't think everyone deserves at least a measure of common decency? Are you really that much of an a**hole? So tell me, are piercings disrespectful? Is every woman who has pierced ears disrespectful as well? After all, they are not leaving their body 'clean and unblemished'. What about anyone with a scar? their bodies are not unblemished as well.

Let me know what you think, you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite!

Quote:
You may be a smart pants but never smarter than your elders
I think the majority of people on this thread are smarter than you. Simply because you are older does not mean you are smarter than anyone. You have proven that to us time and time again on this thread.

Quote:
I will consider that I'm "discussing" with children now
Please do a little self-reflection. I hope you are not as offensive in real life as you are on this forum, as bigotry is something you should try to avoid.

Talking to you is like talking to a child. I guess it is true that not everyone learns or grows as they get older.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Next I suppose you're gonna have the brass to claim I'm wrong without knowing why I said that.

But that's ok really. You're staying right in character we all know and love.
Oh, you.

I'm going to make a wild guess that your comment was in regards to both her large back tattoo and the fact that she is a young single mother. MY remark still stands - we have no idea what her circumstances might have been for either case, so making assumptions (especially due to her appearance) is silly.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:14 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,669,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
I think it's great that the woman on American Idol with a tattoo is doing everything she can to get money in any way that she can.

I ALSO think it's great that you don't make the decisions for HER life.

Anyway, what if she doen't want to work in a stable?
HA, I actually worked in a stable for a few years so I got a good giggle out of that

If that's the only way she thinks she can make money and a good life for her child, then all the more power to her. I guess I'm more worried when she has to tour and record etc. It's really hectic....and one of the reasons I'm not a paid musician anymore, and I was just a lowly local bassist!

I just hope she can keep it together and provide a good life for her kid, regardless of how many tattoos she has

Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,668,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
HA, I actually worked in a stable for a few years so I got a good giggle out of that

If that's the only way she thinks she can make money and a good life for her child, then all the more power to her. I guess I'm more worried when she has to tour and record etc. It's really hectic....and one of the reasons I'm not a paid musician anymore, and I was just a lowly local bassist!

I just hope she can keep it together and provide a good life for her kid, regardless of how many tattoos she has
Just an update for all of the tattoo lovers, Crystal Bowersox did get a tattoo while competing in AI. The tat was of her son's name. How this ink will help give her son the life she never had, remains unknown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty