Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 11:40 AM

345 posts, read 1,643,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Just an update for all of the tattoo lovers, Crystal Bowersox did get a tattoo while competing in AI. The tat was of her son's name. How this ink will help give her son the life she never had, remains unknown.

It's Rock and Roll baby !

Either you get it.................. or you don't.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,788,283 times
Definitely. Definitely wish the fad would fade....like a nasty ol' tat... The tattoo craze is beyond silly. Most silly of all is all the very attractive young women who absolutely ruin themselves by getting tattooed all over the place.

Back in the day it was only military people sailors and prisoners who had tattoos...(and those three communities swapped members constantly too)....but now we have little kids (teenagers) not tough ol' men getting "tats" and they add just another step in the wrong direction of starting life out on the wrong foot.
Many a time I have seen attractive women, thought about going over to say "hi" but suddenly notice a tattoo and am instantly turned off.....similar to smoking.....they smile and light up...I walk away. Self destructive behavior self mutilation is NOT attractive. It says...."I don't have respect for myself or my body" or it says "I'm going to use my body to make a statement and then go nuts on anyone who dares make a comment" like they're mutilating their body in some sort of vain attempt to prop their egos and pick fights to give themselves some sort of manufactured "oppressed underclass" status basically showing a desperate need for gaining all the attention they never got at home. They're trying to ape and steal the thunder of those of days gone by who had tattoos after surviving years in battle and/or years in prison....people who had EARNED it...(even then tats are ugly)...

It's a shame....the abject self-destructiveness inculcated into American youth...all part of the "america is histories greatest evil" foolish mindset.

Last edited by Happy Cells; 06-01-2010 at 12:55 PM..

Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,707,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Definitely. Definitely wish the fad would fade....like a nasty ol' tat... The tattoo craze is beyond silly. Most silly of all is all the very attractive young women who absolutely ruin themselves by getting tattooed all over the place.

Back in the day it was only military people sailors and prisoners who had tattoos...(and those three communities swapped members constantly too)....but now we have little kids (teenagers) not tough ol' men getting "tats" and they add just another step in the wrong direction of starting life out on the wrong foot.
Many a time I seen attractive women, thought about going over to say "hi" but suddenly notice a tattoo and am instantly turned off.....similar to smoking.....they smile and light up...I walk away. Self destructive behavior self mutilation is NOT attractive. It says...."I don't have respect for myself or my body" or it says "I'm going to use my body to make a statement and then go nuts on anyone who dares make a comment" like they're mutilating their body in some sort of vain attempt to prop their egos and pick fights to give themselves some sort of manufactured "oppressed underclass" status basically showing a desperate need for gaining all the attention they never got at home. They're trying to ape and steal the thunder of those of days gone by who had tattoos after surviving years in battle and or years in prison....people who had EARNED it...(even then tats are ugly)...

It's a shame....the abject self-destructiveness inculcated into American youth...
All very true. Women with tattoos are looked upon as tramps by many in my generation.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM

345 posts, read 1,643,764 times
Quote:
Definitely.

Back in the day it was only military people sailors and prisoners who had tattoos...(and those three communities swapped members constantly too)....

What a dumb thing to think, (never mind type).

Of all the time I was in the military I never met an ex con, nor have I heard of anyone I served with ever going to prison.

Stop reading comic books and join the real world.

This kind of thinking is just plain stupid and pathetic.

If you ever find yourself out in public don't talk. You never know if there is someone around who fought for your country so you could be free to write stupid comments like this and not get put in prison or worse.

You should be ashamed of yourself for this comment.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:51 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,829,616 times
Quote:
Self destructive behavior self mutilation is NOT attractive. It says...."I don't have respect for myself or my body" or it says "I'm going to use my body to make a statement and then go nuts on anyone who dares make a comment" like they're mutilating their body in some sort of vain attempt to prop their egos and pick fights to give themselves some sort of manufactured "oppressed underclass" status basically showing a desperate need for gaining all the attention they never got at home.
Tattoos aren't mutilation. Find them unattractive all you want, but there's a big difference between mutilation and putting ink in your skin.

As for the "girls with tattoos have no respect for themselves" bit, that's rubbish. Some do get tattoos in an attempt for attention, but most heavily modified girls aren't in it for the attention it gets them, they're in it to feel comfortable.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:57 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,506,520 times
I absolutely do not understand it, am glad my wife does not have any, and hope my children do not get any (though I will SILENTLY object if they are adults and decide to do it, it is their body after all). Just a preference for me and my immediate family, but I have cousins, friends etc that have them and are respectable members of society, so I try not to judge.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I absolutely do not understand it, am glad my wife does not have any, and hope my children do not get any (though I will SILENTLY object if they are adults and decide to do it, it is their body after all). Just a preference for me and my immediate family, but I have cousins, friends etc that have them and are respectable members of society, so I try not to judge.
The truth here is that while people of good manners will not vocalize their distaste for tattoo's the thought is ,and will remain, with one forever.

This is the fact that we impressed on our one son who got a tattoo on a lark. It must have stuck with him since no further tattoo's are on his body. He honestly never considered what the main stream of society would think of him which is very important to him in his line of work. Public perception is more important to your livelihood ,and success, than many might think.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,062,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
All very true. Women with tattoos are looked upon as tramps by many in my generation.
News flash........they DONT CARE WHAT YOUR GENERATION THINKS!!!!!!!!
What do you really not understand about that? My generation did not care to be boxed into the whole "lockstep, conform or die" attitude of their parents, and we did much to change attitudes on almost every level.
Why do you insist on projecting your attitudes upon others?
NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
News flash........they DONT CARE WHAT YOUR GENERATION THINKS!!!!!!!! Pray tell what does your generation care about?
What do you really not understand about that? My generation did not care to be boxed into the whole "lockstep, conform or die" attitude of their parents, and we did much to change attitudes on almost every level. Snicker! You sound like a left over hippie from the 70's now!
Why do you insist on projecting your attitudes upon others? I can't "project" unless you listen so stop listening!
NO ONE CARES!!!!!!! Ya think!

Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,340,106 times
There are going to be some rich docs in the next twenty years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty