Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 03:39 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,217,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Scars are awesome. When I was a kid I got a lot of scars. As I got older I started getting less scars. Then I got in a pretty nasty mountain biking accident and removed copious amounts of skin from my body. It hurt. It also made me feel more alive than I had in a long time...

Here's the thing that I keep thinking in this thread, but don't say.

It's fine if you don't like tattoos. Don't get one. It's fine if you don't like tattoos on other people. What I don't think is fine is when a person thinks that a tattoo is significant of anything other than that a person decided to get a tattoo. A tattoo doesn't mean a person is this, a tattoo doesn't mean a person is that, it just means that person has a tattoo. If you choose to read more into it than that then your conclusion says more about you than the tattooed person.

That's why one of my tats is built around this image
Soldiers have a saying--Don't ever be ashamed of your battle scars. Scars happen.

filihok, that's a Rorschach ink blot, isn't it? Do people ask you what it is?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,691,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So again - you have no reasons, you just blindly and ignorantly dislike something
for no reason. Good job at being that offensive old guy... Crusty old guy if you please!

Do you mean social crimes like a lack of civility towards fellow people and a lack of even the basic respect that one should have learned when they were a kid? To claim that a Biblical passage in Aramaic is a 'tribal marking' is a little unbelievable. Respect has to be earned not given. When you get tribal markings that is IMO disrespectful of your body given to clean and unblemished.

Let me explain something to you champ. I have a strong feeling I am more educated than you. No offense slick, but you don't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't know what your morals are, but apparently they are closely tied with judging people based on looks alone. Are you a racist too? It wouldn't surprise me. I don't know if your mother never taught you basic manners when you were a kid, but believe it or not, education and morals are not based on what someone looks like. I know this is hard for someone like you to understand (I mean come on, it is easier to hate everyone with a tattoo than actually have to change yourself!), but the laziness and lack of self-awareness you show is on-par with what I would expect from a 10 year old. You may be a smart pants but never smarter than your elders.

I don't know if you are just not happy with yourself and are taking that out on other people, or if you are simply a bigot, but even though you are old enough to be retired, you have a lot of growing up to do. I will consider that I'm "discussing" with children now.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:22 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,691,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
^Are you actually telling me to be quiet? Really?
Not happening.......
Do we have a thin skin or what?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:37 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,827,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
You may be a smart pants but never smarter than your elders.
That's quite inaccurate when it comes to dealing with you.

By the way, for future reference, it's called "vandalism." Note the lack of "z." Just in case you start wailing from your soap box about it again.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:46 PM

345 posts, read 1,642,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
That's quite inaccurate when it comes to dealing with you.

By the way, for future reference, it's called "vandalism." Note the lack of "z." Just in case you start wailing from your soap box about it again.

oooooooo the young one pointed out a spelling error.

If all else fails, point out spelling and grammatical errors.

Gosh, I sure hope I spelled (or spelt, if we were in G.B.) everything correctly.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:00 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,827,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
oooooooo the young one pointed out a spelling error.

If all else fails, point out spelling and grammatical errors.

Gosh, I sure hope I spelled (or spelt, if we were in G.B.) everything correctly.

If all else isn't actually failing, point out that the guy that's whining about how dim-witted tattooed people are can't spell a word from my 7th grade English word wall.

It's okay though. He has me on ignore so he can't actually argue with me (read as: he couldn't refute my argument, so he did the "I can't hear you" defense).

Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 PM

345 posts, read 1,642,774 times
Well I'm a crusty old man with a cigar !............... AND I have some tattoos but I never got them in places that are visible because in certain situations that I find myself they may be deemed inappropriate. I would love to get tribals all over my shoulder and down my arm but inevitably someone, at some point will be offended or intimidated.

I may just have a CityData logo tattood on my A.......s

Old 05-28-2010, 06:48 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have scars AND tattoos! Woohoo!

I was a very sick kid, so I have a lot of surgery scars, plus lots of scars from my 'daredevil' days. Lots of motorcycle and horseback riding accidents

One of the reasons I got my lower arm tattooed is to cover up all the 'track marks' from the multitude of IVs I've had over the years. You get an IV every other week for 15 years and see how your arms look.

I guess I'd rather be dismissed for having tattoos than looking like a druggie with needle marks all up and down her arms.
That must have been difficult for you having to have that lasting reminder of all your surgeries and worry about people thinking that you were a drug user. I once got allergy testing years ago where they scraped different allergens on my lower arm. The area looked like it had track marks and got inflamed to the point that it got red. I actually spent a whole month with this wondering if I was going to live my entire life with arms of a "druggie". Fortunately, it cleared up.

By the way: Although I wasn't a sickly child, I had multiple reconstructive surgeries growing up so I can sort of relate to what you went through.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post

I may just have a CityData logo tattood on my A.......s
LOL! Don't do THAT!

Old 05-31-2010, 12:56 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,656,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Art makes you want to puke?

I think these people are extremely talented, and considering they have months long waiting lists and charge a hefty amount for their art I'd say they're doing alright.

Although, it does give me some weird satisfaction that a choice I made in life gives someone such an emotional reaction that they want to puke
Single mother, Crystal Bowersox has a large tatoo on her back. She said she wanted to win American Idol so she could give her child a better life than she had. I wondered, if she wanted her child to have a better life, why would she be spending her money on a tatoo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty