Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 05:56 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, I don't care WHY someone is wasteful with money, I'm just not interested in having any sort of acquaintanceship with someone who wastes money.
But what is it to you what someone spends their money on? If tattoos are a waste of money, would not a nice pair of shoes also be a waste of money? Perhaps a haircut at a decent salon? How about coffee? They're things you don't NEED, but often pay money for.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
But what is it to you what someone spends their money on? If tattoos are a waste of money, would not a nice pair of shoes also be a waste of money? Perhaps a haircut at a decent salon? How about coffee? They're things you don't NEED, but often pay money for.
I don't need someone in my life that wastes money, because I don't have money to be wasted. There may come a point where they try wasting my money, and I can't have that. Let them do what they do without my presence or input. No one suffers for NOT knowing me.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Or to go with some lines of thinking on this thread, a decent house, a car, food that goes beyond mere sustenance, vacations, I could go on and on.......people are always going to make some kind of point, however far-fetched, to validate their opinions.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I don't need someone in my life that wastes money, because I don't have money to be wasted. There may come a point where they try wasting my money, and I can't have that. Let them do what they do without my presence or input. No one suffers for NOT knowing me.
So... having a different economic status than you means that someone can't be your friend? I don't really understand that logic you're using.

Sounds kinda lonely.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:08 PM

I don't take vacations, generally speaking, and would not want an intimate relationship with someone who did. To Emi: Works for me--the women I date are those who have no money to begin with.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I don't take vacations, generally speaking, and would not want an intimate relationship with someone who did. To Emi: Works for me--the women I date are those who have no money to begin with.
You don't particularly sound happy there, bro.

Have you ever thought about, I dunno, wasting some money to see a movie? Go have fun with your friends (should you have any)? Spend a day fishing or going to the beach or just doing something?

(And seriously, I'm not trying to bait you either. It just sounds really... awful.)

Old 05-26-2010, 06:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
I don't take vacations, generally speaking, and would not want an intimate relationship with someone who did. Works for me--the women I date are those who have no money to begin with.
So does going over to the beach for a weekend qualify as a vacation? That seems rather draconian.....
I am not trying to bait you, I just dont follow your line of reasoning sometimes.
It just seems that from reading some of your posts that you merely exist, you dont ever really LIVE, which I find very sad.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
You don't particularly sound happy there, bro.

Have you ever thought about, I dunno, wasting some money to see a movie? Go have fun with your friends (should you have any)? Spend a day fishing or going to the beach or just doing something?

(And seriously, I'm not trying to bait you either. It just sounds really... awful.)
The only thing I find annoying is when people do something, or have something, and think that other people can't live a happy, fulfilled, satisfied life without it. I'm an aesthete by choice, and I'm happy with that choice. This isn't even "my" computer.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,675,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Here we go again.

I don't know. I assume that you must wear your underwear on the outside then? You wouldn't 'hide' them would you?
Now you're being really ridiculous.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So does going over to the beach for a weekend qualify as a vacation? That seems rather draconian.....
I am not trying to bait you, I just dont follow your line of reasoning sometimes.
It just seems that from reading some of your posts that you merely exist, you dont ever really LIVE, which I find very sad.
My vacations, such as they are, are usually taken up by working another job, or the preparation time for another job or volunteer gig. An example would be taking off the first two weeks of February, so that I can prepare taxes for people too incompetent to do it on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty