Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times

Advertisements

I painted one of his toenail in his sleep. The big one....lol

That was a funny reaction from him upon waking up. He was so confused and stopped mid-sentence while he looked at his foot and I started laughing...he ran to the bathroom...
Which confused me.

But upon his return he said: "i was just checking for makeup too!"

He thought I put makeup on him in his sleep to upload it as a prank on FB.
ha haa!

Nah bro...just bored.

And it was funny to see him remove it with a dainty little cotton ball. LOL
Using about 40 gallons of remover too much. HAHHAa

Thanks guys for inspiring pranks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I painted one of his toenail in his sleep. The big one....lol

That was a funny reaction from him upon waking up. He was so confused and stopped mid-sentence while he looked at his foot and I started laughing...he ran to the bathroom...
Which confused me.

But upon his return he said: "i was just checking for makeup too!"

He thought I put makeup on him in his sleep to upload it as a prank on FB.
ha haa!

Nah bro...just bored.

And it was funny to see him remove it with a dainty little cotton ball. LOL
Using about 40 gallons of remover too much. HAHHAa

Thanks guys for inspiring pranks!
I feel like the guy in the Progresso soup commercial saying "Okay..."

Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 AM

4 posts, read 7,154 times
For the past 20 yrs I've painted my nails although I never went public with this situation... Now I have for better than 18 months now gone public with painting both my fingernails and toe nails / usually colors of red pink orange and purple... I do not care one way or another what anybody thinks about it, I actually love it when some narrow minded moron gives me a dirty look in public after viewing my nails, Most women I've met since this transition think it's soooooo cool !!!!!!!

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-05-2012 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: do not post your personal contact info

Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 AM

im in a light green mood.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,990 times
Ok - I joined this forum just to respond to this thread!

I am a straight male, very straight. Always dated women, now married and have never had any desires to date or be with a male.

I am also not a cross-dresser. I don't wear women's clothes (although I did go a a bride for halloween one year and my wife went as the groom), although that is halloween and doesn't count.

I have however been painting my toes since college, mostly behind closed doors however out in public on occasion or by accident. Some friends new about it and I always shared it openly with someone I was dating. If they were not open minded enough to accept something as simple as painted toes, they are way to narrow for me to be with!

A few years I started going out wearing sandals where my toes were patially exposed or at least visible. After realizing that either nobody noticed, or those that did, cared less. Once in a while someone would say 'nice toes' or something. My confidence grew and I purchased other sandals that exposed more of my toes.

Now I am out all the time in flip flops, sandals with full exposed toes, barefoot on the beach, etc. Who cares. Not many people notice, those that do, don't care. Once in a while I get a strange look or a nice comment.

Anyone that compares being gay and painted toes are just mistaken. Sure someone who is gay might decide to wear nail polish, toes or fingers, but that is their choice.

Those that think painted toes are just for the ladies, it's just what has been the norm that past 50 to 100 years. However, nail color was originally worn by men of noblility or of power to show they are not a slave or laboror. And that goes back over 5000 years.

And those that think it's too girly and they won't do it. That is also your choice, nobody would force you to wear it, and if you don't like to see it on a guy, then don't look, but get used to it sooner or later as more an more guys start to show their painted toes.

Being 2012, most people are so politically correct and everyone is concerned with discrimination, which allows people be more free spirted than people where in the 50's.

So, if you want to try it, go ahead, do it already, if not, ok, you don't have to!

By the way, I wear mostly silvers, grays, blues and occasionally a dark maroon. I usually stay away from the reds, pinks etc as I wear the colors I like. I have however worn reds and pinks when my wife and I get matching pedicures. Yes, I have had the salon do my paint job!

Enjoy life, live it the way you want as long as you don't hurt anyone and remember you live once! Have fun!

Seth

Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,957,278 times
You forgot one option - Good fathers. When my daughter was 7 I let her paint my toenails Barbie pink. And this was during the summer sandal season.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Guys who are not in rock bands who paint their toenails = gay. End of story.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Thats your opinion not a proven fact.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM

74 posts, read 122,540 times
Eww! Guys painting their nails is G-A-Y.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 PM

You mean like women who wear pants and have short hair are dykes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty