Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 10:00 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,278,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ugh, I hate to hear that.

I was really nervous about it but I had seen this woman's work on several people and I just finally bit the bullet and paid her price. I mean, it IS my face and it IS semi permanent.
Yeah, she did eyeliner and lips. The scabbing was bad enough the color came off with the scab, but some didn’t so at the end it was wildly uneven, and she was stuck using the same makeup colors to repair after it healed.

I’m too chicken, or I’d have my brows done.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
[/i][/b]

Yup - that's what I have I fill them in everyday with eye shadow. The brows haven't disappeared but they're certainly a lot thinner than they should be. I use a stiff, slanted eyebrow brush but instead of brow pencil I use a taupe eyeshadow because I'm blonde. Eyebrow pencils always seem too dark for me so I got the bright idea to use eye shadow on my brows instead and it looks more natural and I have more choices.
I know what you mean - I can't use any eyebrow color that has any red in it at all, and try THAT one! LOL (Bet you have.)

I got so tired of filling in my eyebrows every single day. Then I saw what this woman does and thought "I could go for that." She has about twenty colors to choose from. A lot of colors with no reds in them too! I think I ended up with a charcoal sort of color - a dark brown but an ash brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yeah, she did eyeliner and lips. The scabbing was bad enough the color came off with the scab, but some didn’t so at the end it was wildly uneven, and she was stuck using the same makeup colors to repair after it healed.

I’m too chicken, or I’d have my brows done.
Oh my gosh!

They gave me a lot of some sort of ointment that I had to keep on the eyebrows and eyeliner for at least a week. It kept the scabbing to a minimum. She also told me not to pick at the scabs or rub them. Ugh. But with the ointment at least I could keep the itching to a minimum too.

It was never noticeable thank goodness. I'm sure it could be though.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:39 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,661,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateskouros View Post
you've made the right choice. permanent makeup is never a good idea.
people frequently end up looking like a cartoon caricature of themselves. besides that, there's a good chance you will end up looking like the crazy old lady at the potluck. it's incredibly aging.
That's kind of a blanket statement. I had mine done by a facial surgeon's assistant in his office. No one could tell I had anything done, ever. It's not "aging"....it's improving, lol.

But if go for the cut-rate job, what do you expect. Same with plastic surgery. Go for the best.

Old 10-31-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
That's kind of a blanket statement. I had mine done by a facial surgeon's assistant in his office. No one could tell I had anything done, ever. It's not "aging"....it's improving, lol.

But if go for the cut-rate job, what do you expect. Same with plastic surgery. Go for the best.
I agree totally with this. You get what you pay for.

Like I said, my teenaged granddaughters have seen me several times since I had my eyebrows done and they didn't even realize I had had anything done. But that was because 1) the artist didn't go crazy on my face or eyebrows, 2) she followed the natural curve and shape of them, which I'd been drawing in for years because I just hated how thin they had become, and 3) they look like my natural brows used to look before they got thin and wonky.

It wasn't cheap but like I said, that didn't matter - this was my FACE I am talking about! I waited two years before I finally decided to do the eyeliner and that was only because by then my actual eyelashes had also started thinning and I didn't like that either, and was wearing eyeliner regularly for the first time. Well, trying to wear eyeliner - I have never been able to master it though.

So I had the same artist do it because I appreciated how she did my eyebrows so much. By then I had seen enough of her work to trust her take on things and her abilities. And I'm very pleased.

Old 10-31-2021, 02:27 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,257,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
No, there isn't.
Ok. Its clear this thread is older women’s opinions only…

Old 10-31-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
My 19 year old granddaughter and her 39 year old mom are both getting theirs done too, just for the record. Because they like mine so much. They're going to the same person I went to.

Old 10-31-2021, 03:50 PM

3,278 posts, read 1,758,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here's another picture I just took, showing more of the upper line. There's still some eyeliner flaking going on but not much. The eyebrows are completely healed up now from what I can tell.
Interesting picture, I believe I can see a reflection of your image in your eye.
I do photography as a hobby, not stalking you.

Old 10-31-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Interesting picture, I believe I can see a reflection of your image in your eye.
I do photography as a hobby, not stalking you.
Cool! (Not freaked out.)

Old 10-31-2021, 07:26 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Like I said in the other thread, unless you've asked every single woman you've seen whether their eyebrows are natural, makeup, or microbladed, you can't possibly know whether your perception is correct. You're only making assumptions.

I can guarantee that some of the natural looking brows you've seen aren't really natural. And some of the "sharpie marker" brows you assume are microbladed are actually makeup.

And careful who you're calling older! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty