Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 04:54 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Its my opinion.

Clearly you know that regular makeup looks different than tattooing. Theres always a clear difference. You do you… I have just never seen a good microblade, one that didnt look too dark/severe since it went out of fad like 2 years ago.
Oh for heaven sake's, that's her opinion as well.

In my opinion, she looks great. As to spotting permanent make up a mile away, good for you. I have to be a little closer, but I can spot mascara, eyeshadow, lipgloss, ... As long as the person looks good, I don't care whether her make up is temporary or permanent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 04:56 AM

I had my eyebrows tattooed, and eye liner as well about eight years ago. It faded and two years later I had it redone, and that faded.

One of our daughters had her eyebrows microblade it, and they look great. I might try that. I wish I could find an eyeliner that was permanent, as when I put it on half the time I look like a crazy lady.

Old 10-31-2021, 05:01 AM

Powder brows? Is this this the new term for tattooed brows?

Old 10-31-2021, 06:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Its my opinion.

Clearly you know that regular makeup looks different than tattooing. Theres always a clear difference. You do you… I have just never seen a good microblade, one that didnt look too dark/severe since it went out of fad like 2 years ago.
Oh that hasn't been my experience at all.

I didn't get it because it "looks different." I got it because I don't like buying and having to apply eyebrow pencil every single day of my life. In fact, I went as natural as I could and went to the artist specifically BECAUSE she makes things look so natural.

That's just my opinion.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Love the pink hair! The makeup looks good, too. I’ve only known one person who did it, and it was a nightmare. Infections, it partly came off… real mess. But I know her she went to somebody who was really cheap and not cautious. Because it was really cheap. She was one of those that wanted all the stuff but she wanted to pay a fraction of what everybody else paid.
Ugh, I hate to hear that.

I was really nervous about it but I had seen this woman's work on several people and I just finally bit the bullet and paid her price. I mean, it IS my face and it IS semi permanent.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Powder brows? Is this this the new term for tattooed brows?
I don't think so. But what do I know - LOL.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I had my eyebrows tattooed, and eye liner as well about eight years ago. It faded and two years later I had it redone, and that faded.

One of our daughters had her eyebrows microblade it, and they look great. I might try that. I wish I could find an eyeliner that was permanent, as when I put it on half the time I look like a crazy lady.
I know what you mean about the eyeliner.

I never used to wear eyeliner but over time my eyelashes got thinner and SHORTER. Ugh!

I think the eyeliner and eyebrow stuff depends a lot on skin type. So we'll just have to wait and see how mine stands the test of time. Who knows? I had to have my eyebrows touched up after two years but she went very light on them the first time anyway and we went back and forth between two colors. Plus I haven't taken care of them at all - LOL - but at least i admit it.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateskouros View Post
you've made the right choice. permanent makeup is never a good idea.
people frequently end up looking like a cartoon caricature of themselves. besides that, there's a good chance you will end up looking like the crazy old lady at the potluck. it's incredibly aging.
It's a risk and no one should ever scrimp on it. Do your research and be very specific about your expectations.

The person I went to drew my brows on first so I could see them. She followed the natural curve of them too.

I'll tell you what is aging to me - thin, sparse brows or brows that have literally disappeared. I see a lot of that on older women and it doesn't look good to me at all.

Old 10-31-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
This thread convinced me not the move forward with eye brows.
Good - that's why I posted it and have been super honest. It's not for everyone, and everyone can't do it either, even if they are licensed. But I love it for me!

The artist who did my brows followed my natural curve. I used to have fabulous eyebrows but they thinned over time (I'm 59 now). My mom also had fabulous eyebrows and hers always looked good but mine got thinner faster. So all the artist really did was fill in my natural curve.

Like I said, my teenaged granddaughters didn't even know my brows had been "done," when they came to visit last year. And when I was in the hospital later last year for four days, I kept sending my daughter pictures and she just kept saying "You look GREAT, Mom - I mean it." I finally realized it was probably in part my brows. They always looked good - LOL. Even though the rest of me was pretty pitiful.

My daughter is in her late thirties. She had an accident when she was in her teens and consequently has half an eyebrow over one eye. Since she was about 14 years old she's been filling in that eyebrow every single day of her life. She's overseas right now but is coming back this next summer and she told me the first thing she is going to do is get that fixed by the same woman who did mine.

She and one of my granddaughters inherited sort of wonky eyebrows anyway (not mine). My granddaughter and daughter are both going to get theirs done now. I will post pictures of my granddaughter - she's 19. She also has dark eyes and dark hair (so does my daughter) and I think it's going to look terrific on her.

I believe in my daughter's case, due to the accident, it's almost a necessity and I am thankful it's available for her. For my granddaughter, she just wants better brows. Like her mom, she always uses eyebrow pencil to fill in her brows. It just gets old after awhile.

Old 10-31-2021, 09:19 AM

3,379 posts, read 1,975,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's a risk and no one should ever scrimp on it. Do your research and be very specific about your expectations.

The person I went to drew my brows on first so I could see them. She followed the natural curve of them too.

I'll tell you what is aging to me - thin, sparse brows or brows that have literally disappeared. I see a lot of that on older women and it doesn't look good to me at all.

Yup - that's what I have I fill them in everyday with eye shadow. The brows haven't disappeared but they're certainly a lot thinner than they should be. I use a stiff, slanted eyebrow brush but instead of brow pencil I use a taupe eyeshadow because I'm blonde. Eyebrow pencils always seem too dark for me so I got the bright idea to use eye shadow on my brows instead and it looks more natural and I have more choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty