Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 12:51 PM

3,377 posts, read 1,974,527 times

Advertisements

Both ladies look beautiful! Thanks for the photos that show the real life results. I love the color on Avalon's lips. My lips are almost invisible so I wear lipstick every single day. It's the kind that is long wearing so I wonder about the long term use of lipstick day after day and think I might be better off just having them done. Do you get to choose from a palette of colors for your lips that you can "try on" beforehand?

KA, the arch they did is great and I like the thin eyeliner too with a little bit of a wing : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 01:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Both ladies look beautiful! Thanks for the photos that show the real life results. I love the color on Avalon's lips. My lips are almost invisible so I wear lipstick every single day. It's the kind that is long wearing so I wonder about the long term use of lipstick day after day and think I might be better off just having them done. Do you get to choose from a palette of colors for your lips that you can "try on" beforehand?

KA, the arch they did is great and I like the thin eyeliner too with a little bit of a wing : )
Thank you! She did a great job and is getting some business from my referrals!

I am scared to do the lips but I wear lipstick every day too. And lip gloss - well, lip balm - when I am home.

Anyway no filters here: I love the arch too.

Here's the after.
Attached Thumbnails
Permanent makeup discussion-me-after-eyeliner.jpg  

Old 10-25-2021, 02:21 PM

3,377 posts, read 1,974,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you! She did a great job and is getting some business from my referrals!

I am scared to do the lips but I wear lipstick every day too. And lip gloss - well, lip balm - when I am home.

Anyway no filters here: I love the arch too.

Here's the after.
Lovely

Old 10-25-2021, 04:02 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,126,838 times
My eyeliner was done in dots that are very close together (so it mimics thick lashes) a little thicker on my top lash line.

I got it done when I was "just" legally blind, so I could still see that it came out nicely. I had it done because I knew that I would lose the rest of my sight (which I did a year later).

I still run a little mascara over my lashes when we leave the house, but I don't need a fine hand to do that and swipe some lip gloss on (I dislike matte lipstick- I grew up with gloss and DH likes it).

I know that many are afraid of permanent makeup and will say that it really important to do your research before taking he plunge.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:23 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Love the pink, Kathryn!

Do you, or other ladies with tattooed eyeliner, feel the need to wear makeup every day? I have terrible eyesight and prefer to wear glasses over contacts, but am not able to see my eyes clearly even inches from a magnified mirror. I can manage most things (complicated eyeshadow looks, lower lash line, smokey eyes) but I have such a tough time with upper lid eyeliner. It always ends up either too thick (extra tough with my hooded eyes!) or wonky. I have considered getting cosmetic tattooing for the upper lid, but am concerned that it would look strange if I was just running out to the gym or on a quick errand and didn't feel like doing mascara, lower lashes, or other makeup.
I got the eyeliner so that I didn't look dead without eye makeup. Prior to that, I wouldn't go anywhere without eye makeup. People who knew me were SHOCKED if they caught me without makeup. I worked with a girl who couldn't believe I would look that bad....until she came over to the house one time. I answered the door and she was like, "Oh (Avalon)....." (like, you poor thing). Anyway, it's the curse of being a redhead with blonde lashes and pinkish eyelids. I always wished for beautiful brown eyes with dark lashes like Kathryn's. But anyway, since the eyeliner, I have gone with no makeup (after eye surgery, for example) and no one batted an eye. It is the definition around the eyes that makes the difference.

So to answer your original question, I don't think it will look weird if you get it, they can do a thin line like they did on Kathryn's so it's not obvious. KA, yours looks fantastic, very subtle and she did a great job with that wing too. I was afraid to commit to a wing at the time, but when I do my eye makeup I draw one on. (This extreme close-up shows all the flaws in my eyeshadow job, but I do love me some shadow and creases and smokiness and highlighting....I love it ALL!)
Attached Thumbnails
Permanent makeup discussion-img_8427.jpg  

Old 10-25-2021, 09:28 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post

Back when I got my lips done, they didn't have long-wearing lipstick that doesn't come off. (I wear Kylie Jenner's matte liquid, it stays on through anything!) But I do like having that rosy glow on my lips when I'm not wearing any lipstick, especially with a little Carmex on it. As for color, I remember she wanted me to go brighter but I kept gravitating to brownish colors. I think they all kind of fade quickly into this same rosy tone.

Old 10-26-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Back when I got my lips done, they didn't have long-wearing lipstick that doesn't come off. (I wear Kylie Jenner's matte liquid, it stays on through anything!) But I do like having that rosy glow on my lips when I'm not wearing any lipstick, especially with a little Carmex on it. As for color, I remember she wanted me to go brighter but I kept gravitating to brownish colors. I think they all kind of fade quickly into this same rosy tone.
Your eyes and lips both look really good! I agree about the lips. I only know one other person who has gotten her lips done and hers faded to a rosy tone too but wow, they did look good.

Old 10-30-2021, 03:03 PM

OK so my granddaughter is going to get her brows done too - I will update the thread when she does it! Meanwhile, I love my eyeliner and eyebrows. LOVE THEM. This is just super casual - my makeup took about five minutes. It's just a dusting of powder, a bit of blush, mascara and lip gloss. I didn't even pose or take multiple selfies or use any filters - LOL. This is just how it is today.
Attached Thumbnails
Permanent makeup discussion-permanent-eyebrows-eyeliner.jpg  

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 10-30-2021 at 03:13 PM..

Old 10-30-2021, 04:29 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,651,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, hello, my lovely CDers!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got "permanent" eyeliner today. It's not really permanent because it will fade, probably over 3-10 years but meanwhile, it's here to stay. It's a very similar process to eyebrow microblading, which I have also done and which I am VERY pleased with.

Like the eyebrows, the eyeliner involves numbing cream (and lots of it apparently) and abrasion of the skin and then a tattoo type of application with something that sounded like a tattoo thingie. My eyes were shut and when the artist held down the lower lash line, I rolled my eyes up so I wouldn't be able to see the drill thing, because to be honest it sort of freaked me out.

She said she had to add more numbing stuff to me because she had to go deeper because my skin is thicker. Which she said is good for retaining the liner. I hope so.

Anyway, I have to admit, it wasn't comfortable but it wasn't terrible either. I would post a photo but my eyes are still a bit swollen. I can't wear mascara or any other eye makeup products for about a week to ten days - it depends on how much scaling happens when. That sounds worse than it is - I mean, it wasn't bad for the eyebrows and I don't expect it to be bad for the eyeliner.

This particular artist has been doing this for over 20 years and I love her work. It looks very natural. I didn't want a stark, harsh look to either my eyebrows or eyeliner and she knows me well enough to know I want to simply have a natural look now that I'm older and my hairs are thinner.

I have very dark hairs naturally and dark eyes but very light skin so I had her go black on the eyeliner and brown black on the brows (but no reddish anything - she put something that actually had a greenish tint to it on them instead and it looks great). This was just a touch up on the brows - I had them done very conservatively (by her) several years ago and I wanted them a bit darker because I was still using some eyebrow product sometimes.

She went very thin in the under eye lashes and a bit thicker on the upper eye lashes. The most uncomfortable part was as she got very close to the inside corners of my eyes. But hey, I would do it again so it clearly wasn't that bad!

Pictures in a few days!

I am having a party at my house tomorrow night and she said I should be fine for that. Yay!
I am biding my time until I can get my brows done again. On Plavix, a blood thinner, and have to wait until next summer. Thinking of getting my lips done at the same time. I go to Browtique - Carrie Hunt.

Also considering the Fibroblast procedure around my lips.

Last edited by mschrief; 10-30-2021 at 04:45 PM..

Old 10-30-2021, 05:01 PM

24,604 posts, read 10,921,225 times
This thread convinced me not the move forward with eye brows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty