Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 10:53 PM

635 posts, read 758,104 times

Advertisements

I loathe makeup. I hate the feeling of it on my face. So I tan to make myself feel better and look like I have a glow (please dont lecture me), put on blush, and gloss. That's about it.

I feel that guys expect more out of women. Am I wrong on this one?

Old 05-07-2016, 11:00 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,343,928 times
guys will say they hate make up but they would hit on this woman with the make up and not without.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,576,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
I loathe makeup. I hate the feeling of it on my face. So I tan to make myself feel better and look like I have a glow (please dont lecture me), put on blush, and gloss. That's about it.

I'm happy with whatever she's happy and comfortable with if honest

Tan is always good, I like make up ( especially eye liner 😍 ) On a lady but too much is off putting, but a naturally beautiful face that requires nil to hardly any make up will always win

Do we expect more out of a woman? In terms of looks/appearance probably yes but that's only because as we don't have the long line of time consuming cosmetics that you have , so as women already put more effort in there appearance maybe that's where the extra expectation came from?.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:42 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,523,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post

Not big on tans and not huge into makeup. Then again, around here, most women I see have rather fair skin tones and won't necessarily sunburn under a 40 watt light bulb, either.

Yes, you are wrong. That's fine, because you wouldn't know that it's not guys imposing those beauty standards upon you without asking. Six-inch stilettos, tans, boob jobs with refund gaps and all that other jazz--most guys don't care. Especially because most guys are hitting the gym and improving themselves just to keep up with each other.

Then again, if that's what is expected from guys, then turnabout is fair play. Don't hate the player...

Old 05-07-2016, 11:46 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,410,418 times
I want to see all her beautiful imperfections, so I prefer very little to no makeup.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,957,210 times
i dont care if a woman wears make up or not, that doesnt matter to me, as long as she doesnt put it on with a roller or a spray gun. what matters to me is her confidence in herself and her abilities.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:59 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,218,798 times
Depends. Some women can pull off the minimal makeup look fine. Some women really need makeup. if you are in the later category, I would suggest copious makeup.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:02 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,537,017 times
Men say they don't like makeup, but the thing is they have no idea when a woman is wearing makeup. Women who know how to put on makeup - which is many of us, since we've been playing with makeup since we were in middle school - know how to make it look either natural or flattering to our features (dramatic for an evening out, perhaps). So many men don't realize when a woman is wearing eyeliner and mascara, and that makes a HUGE difference in a woman's appearance.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:17 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,254,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Men say they don't like makeup, but the thing is they have no idea when a woman is wearing makeup. Women who know how to put on makeup - which is many of us, since we've been playing with makeup since we were in middle school - know how to make it look either natural or flattering to our features (dramatic for an evening out, perhaps). So many men don't realize when a woman is wearing eyeliner and mascara, and that makes a HUGE difference in a woman's appearance.
That's the thing alot of guys don't like- when the makeup comes off its a totally different woman.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:31 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,537,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
That's the thing alot of guys don't like- when the makeup comes off its a totally different woman.
And the only reason women wear heavy eye makeup - because it's NOT comfortable - is because we get compliments when we do. Men have come to think that that's the way women naturally look, so when we don't wear it, we're seen as plain Janes in comparison. The expectations for women's appearance is completely insane, so you can't blame us for trying. You're better off assuming that any woman you meet is going to look a little (or a lot) different at night after she washes off her makeup. We're all just human beings, and most of us really are "average" - that goes for men and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships