Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 12:44 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
That's the thing alot of guys don't like- when the makeup comes off its a totally different woman.
I've never had a man complain once the makeup was off. They have pretty much liked me both ways.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:06 AM

635 posts, read 754,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
So many men don't realize when a woman is wearing eyeliner and mascara, and that makes a HUGE difference in a woman's appearance.
This.

I get compliments about having great skin and eyes and long eyelashes, but don't flaunt them because with my allergies and living in the south, I'm constantly rubbing my eyes. Hence, I don't wear mascara or eyeliner. Those two things make such a difference on a girl. I've been told I don't need to wear makeup but I do feel much more confident. I guess it's because how society portrays that women need to wear it to feel prettier.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:06 AM

914 posts, read 737,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Men say they don't like makeup, but the thing is they have no idea when a woman is wearing makeup. Women who know how to put on makeup - which is many of us, since we've been playing with makeup since we were in middle school - know how to make it look either natural or flattering to our features (dramatic for an evening out, perhaps). So many men don't realize when a woman is wearing eyeliner and mascara, and that makes a HUGE difference in a woman's appearance.
That's been my experience as well. One guy friend comes to mind. He insists that he prefers a natural look "without make up" but then I see which women he's checking out and they all wear make up. I have pointed it out to him once or twice and the look on his face was hilarious - "What, she's wearing make up?! ". Yes, yes she is.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:02 AM

531 posts, read 384,427 times
No make is more attractive than make up

Old 05-08-2016, 05:33 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Don't confuse the dating scene and in personal life with the daily.

Women go for a well groomed man who is well dressed when out enjoying a night out. The best dressed and the best groomed get the compliments. But you don't see the same men dressed the 9s on a daily basis.. nor do they feel the pressure to do so. But they are still attractive in jeans and a t-shirt the next morning eh...

This is no different for women. Men see make up as part of the attire. They compliment and checkout women who obvious put in the time and effort to look well dressed when out enjoying the night out. It doesn't mean they ONLY expect that every day in a daily life. It doesn't mean that they only attracted to women with makeup... no more than women are only attracted to a man when dressed to the 9s.

If you meet a man who lays pressure down to look like you are ready on a night out all th time.... he's probably simply not into you for anything outside of a night out.

I prefer the natural look of a woman who I see in real daily life. It doesn't mean that I don't notice when she puts in the effort to get all dresssed up with skillfully applied make up. That is certainly very attrictive as well. I don't intend on pressuring women into wearing make up when I offer a compliment. I don't believe most guys do. They are just complimenting on the makeup as part of the attire or whole look. I think a confident woman is one that takes the compliment as such........

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-08-2016 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:40 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
If you like little to no make up you will attract men that like that also.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:37 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
The men I've met prefer natural, but think I looked nice either way.

I don't wear make up often. Maybe once a year for a special occasion. I don't look any different, my face just looks softer and clearer. I want to get that way naturally. It's very achievable.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:02 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Well, guys want a woman that looks perfect without NEEDING makeup. So makeup to cover all imperfections and accentuate any deficiencies but be so natural as to not look at all like makeup!

So no "dramatic" makeup...but not just rolled out of bed with no mascara either! It's a very fine balance...

This sums it up well!
https://www.google.com/search?source...j0l5.13564j0j7

Old 05-08-2016, 08:05 AM

835 posts, read 773,680 times
Depends how pretty the woman is.....the more pretty, the less makeup I like to see.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:07 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Whatever makes the woman feel more confident about herself.

Make-up is all about self esteem IMO. If a woman does not like her look make-up free, then she will be down on herself and the man will notice.

If a woman wears make-up, they should take the time necessary to do it right. I hate seeing women with the slapped on makeup look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships