Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 10:19 PM

522 posts, read 343,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logjam View Post
In addition to being activity-limiting, I’m not a particularly big fan of the flip-flops doing just as they are named. That is why I have the selection of various more secure fitting but still open toe or sandal shoes. I do have among my collection one pair similar to, if not the same as your photo. They are Tevas, they fit well, are comfortable, and are satisfactorily secure for most of the things I do. I believe the model being discussed was originally developed for river guides.
The Tevas do look comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 02:09 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
I'm not a fan of sandals in general. The only opentoed shoes I like are flip flops, and no the clunky kind but things like Havaianas. If I'm not wearing those, then I'll be in trainers, sneakers... regardless of the weather.

But TC, if you think Birkenstocks work for you, go for it. They are quite popular globally.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:27 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Feminine is an attitude, not a dress code.

ok ....in other words.... any female who wears these does not have a feminine attitude......

oh, and someone mentioned crocks.. ugh#2....same thing.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:43 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
I always thought it was the other way around (if a guy is to wear open shoes) but most women I've asked agree with you. I stand corrected.
Whatever happened to the custom made leather sandals leatherworkers used to make for people? There used to be a shop doing that in Berkeley, CA, and I've run into someone who's taken his craft on the road, setting up at flea markets and farmers' market-type of venues in the southwest. They take your measurements, including your arch, and build in arch supports if you need them. They're made out of thick, durable, high-quality leather, and last forever! They're mainly for men, and look great on men, but they can make them for women, too.

IDK if you could seek out something like that, OP. Maybe it's too much trouble, in these days of just clicking on a photo, and plugging in your credit card...

Old 06-05-2019, 09:54 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
Not really a boat shoe guy

I have thought about canvas shoes.
there are some nice looking ones out there.

How about you put some photos of what shoes you are considering now that you have plenty of answers on Birkenstocks ??

maybe ? canvas

[IMG][/IMG]

PHOTO OF TEVAS SANDALS
https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...andals_brand_b

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 06-05-2019 at 10:10 AM..

Old 06-05-2019, 10:02 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
Birks for an everyday sandal for no reason? NO. They aren't very attractive looking on guys OR gals.

Birks if you have sore feet or an ankle/leg problem? ABSOLUTELY YES

------------------------------------------------------------------

I wear mine every single day when I'm home and take them with me on holidays or camping. (I have four pairs)

I used to get horribly sore feet no matter what shoes I wore at home or out and about. My feet hurt in slippers, just socks or barefoot.

My sister in law told me to give Birks a try and I've never looked back. LOVE them, even though they aren't pretty.

Being pain-free beats pretty and style EVERY time for me.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I'm not a fan of sandals in general. The only opentoed shoes I like are flip flops, and no the clunky kind but things like Havaianas. If I'm not wearing those, then I'll be in trainers, sneakers... regardless of the weather.

But TC, if you think Birkenstocks work for you, go for it. They are quite popular globally.
Apparently they are considered "in style", from what I've heard. Not sure why tho, since so many think they are ugly.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
OK, I am not a fan of men in sandals for everyday wear. The beach? Yes, of course. Running quick errands? OK. Around the house? You bet.

For the record, I hate flip flops, period.

That being said, my opinion doesn't mean squat and people should wear what they want! LOL!

Old 06-05-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
there are some nice looking ones out there.

How about you put some photos of what shoes you are considering now that you have plenty of answers on Birkenstocks ??

maybe ? canvas

[IMG][/IMG]

PHOTO OF TEVAS SANDALS
https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...andals_brand_b

Here are a few others I'm considering:

Teva

Born

Canvas Shoes

Old 06-05-2019, 11:25 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
The canvas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty