Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 12:02 AM

3,086 posts, read 1,690,437 times

Advertisements

I have never - ever - seen anyone look that much younger for his/her age. But I happen to be very good at seeing ages in people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 02:36 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,786,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
yes definitely. Asians age very well and usually lack facial hair which gives a younger appearance.
I've read that Asians age well because they stay out of the sun and are raised from very, very early to take care of their skin. I've also heard that plastic surgery is common.. Unlike Americans who use soap and water to wash their face and in our teen years we then throw the harshest chemicals at it in "reaction" to breakouts.

As Americans we were discouraged in facial care but that seems to be changing now. I've been using the Korean skin care routine for a couple years now and it's a big difference in my skin. At 58 yo I get compliments on my skin all the time, too bad I was a sun worshiper when I was younger though but it's better than not taking care of my skin at all. It seems a lot of women my age still have the same attitude as when we were younger. I've heard them say, hey, I'm almost 60 why do I care.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:44 AM

27 posts, read 16,787 times
These days it is a lot easier for men to look younger then their age because of the advancements in hormone replacement therapy available to them. I know several women who simple avoided smoking, avoided the sun, and simply took good care of themselves. When they were in their 60s they could pass for someone in their late 40s.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:39 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Well...I don’t know her ...but I’d wouldn’t mind

Jane Fonda ....she turns 82 later this year....she could pass for 60 ....easily

Combo of....diet....exercise (she was the queen of aerobics)...genes....money...
Fonda has had "work". The way I understood the OP's topic, it's about people looking a lot younger than their age naturally.

I know a number of people who look 20 yrs. younger, or more, even: both men and women. It can be very difficult to live with in some respects. As one of the posters indicated here, people who look really young can often be taken for student interns, rather than seasoned professionals, may get ignored at conferences, when they try to network with peers, and so on. Socially it can be difficult, as well; petite women especially tend to get approached by teenagers, but have trouble getting the attention of men their age. They may get excluded from groups of their age-peers, who mistake them for a younger generation.

For these reasons, looking radically younger than one's age isn't really something to envy. Maybe it works for some men, if they don't mind having gf's that are much younger than they are, but not all men are like that.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:11 AM

11,180 posts, read 9,803,279 times
Getting carded is not evidence of looking younger than your age. In TN they must card everyone purchasing alcohol, anywhere, all the time, it's the law. In many states there are laws that anyone appearing under 35 must be carded. And in states without these regulations, many store and restaurant chains have their own policies of this nature.

I did get a laugh one day in CA when I was 35 and I got carded, but my baby brother who was in his 20's did not.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:14 AM

11,180 posts, read 9,803,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Here is a 50 yo guy who can pass for someone in his 20's with the right hair style and clothing https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ood-looks.html
Looks at least late 30's in his face. His body though......YOWZA!

Old 04-18-2019, 10:04 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Here is a 50 yo guy who can pass for someone in his 20's with the right hair style and clothing https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ood-looks.html
His face does look young; maybe between 36 and early 30's, depending on the photo, angle, lighting. There's a Tibetan in my community, who's in his early 50's now, but looks 30's. He was trying to pick up teen and 20-something women, for awhile.

I don't think people who look 20 years younger than their age are that unusual anymore; it's pretty common in baby-faced people, for one thing. But also, the standard of what 40 and 50 look like has changed since around the 1950's, 60's 70's. People are judging from outdated images, to some extent. Sure, there are still people around who fit those images, but there are a growing number of people who don't, because people take care of themselves better now, and have been for decades.

The women of the 20's, 30's and 40's, who became grandmotherly in the 60's and 70's didn't exercise; the exercise boom hadn't hit while they were in their early adult years. Did anyone every see June Cleaver or Donna Reed going to a gym or taking power walks outside? lol. Smoking was big when they were teens and young adults. Tanned skin was a must-have for many women and some men of that era. Times have changed tremendously in those regards.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:41 AM

235 posts, read 158,088 times

Selfie I took about a month ago. I’m a nearly 28 year old man.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:22 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,572,239 times
No, but I know many who claim they do.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:53 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,677,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermaggie View Post

Selfie I took about a month ago. I’m a nearly 28 year old man.
You could definitely pass for much younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty