Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 06:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I don't get it. Her figure is typical for a woman who wears a corset. She was created a while ago when corsets were more popular. If you add 6 inches to her waist it's around 36-22-33 which is pretty typical for a skinny woman. Women generally used to wear corsets so why is it wrong for a doll to mirror that image?
Ummm. Barbie is not real; just FYI. I don't know one real woman that looks like Barbie and I spend time with a lot of fitness freaks.

Quote:
So skinny women are a minority but it's not unrealistic.
Yes. Looking like Barbie is completely unrealistic and a tad obsessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The Barbie critics have entirely missed the point. She is not intended as a representation of the normal human female. She is in effect a goddess, and goddesses have always had preurnatural endowment of the bosom. There are thousands of years of culture and semiotics to confirm this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fert...2F%3B337%3B450

The Barbie critics are tantamount to saying that Batman and Superman are not realistic depictions of the average male. Of course they are not.
Who is a Barbie critic? The poster thinks that it's realistic for women to have the physical dimensions of a doll. Doesn't mean I hate Barbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Who cares. It's a doll. Ever seen how ridiculous the proportions are on the dolls boys play with (or, sorry that would be action figures)? Yeah. You know why nobody makes a fuss about it? Because they're dolls.
Yes. My favorite post on the thread. Isn't it realistic for guys to look like Ken?

Old 01-05-2015, 06:47 PM

459 posts, read 768,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ummm. Barbie is not real; just FYI. I don't know one real woman that looks like Barbie and I spend time with a lot of fitness freaks.

Yes. Looking like Barbie is completely unrealistic and a tad obsessive.

Who is a Barbie critic? The poster thinks that it's realistic for women to have the physical dimensions of a doll. Doesn't mean I hate Barbie.

Yes. My favorite post on the thread. Isn't it realistic for guys to look like Ken?
I'm saying with a corset. Which would make her waist 6 inches bigger. I've known a lot of women with 36-22-33 dimensions. That was my point.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's been posted on this sub-forum many times that it's the shoulders mainly, in comparison to the hips, that create the hourglass. Not all hourglass figures are large-busted. People have come to think of them that way, but that's not how an hourglass is defined. It's about shoulder width compared to hip width (and, obviously, a small waist).
That means absolutely nothing what people say on this forum. Most body shape calculators go by the bust.

Actually you can look on most body shape calculators than it's focused on the bust size even when the shoulders are taken into account the bust is also proportional large even in that case.

But most body shape calcs talk about the bust.

Sorry but it's true.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:09 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Also I'm adding 6 inches because as I said previously a corset takes 6 inches off the waist so that takes a 22" waist to 16.

Also in the case where her bust would be 39 her waist would be bigger around 24" which isn't that abnormal if you're top heavy.
In case you haven't noticed, Barbie isn't wearing a corset. So why talk about corseted measurements? She's not laced up. That 16 inch waist is with no clothes on at all.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:12 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,609,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Hey, don't knock Strawberry Shortcake. I look just like her, except I'm a brunette
Yes, but I smell like her. So there!

Old 01-05-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
In case you haven't noticed, Barbie isn't wearing a corset. So why talk about corseted measurements? She's not laced up. That 16 inch waist is with no clothes on at all.
I said previously in this thread a woman can waist train where her waist is that size without the corset. That's why I made this thread because if a corset can remove 6 inches off a woman's temporarily while the corset is off then Barbie really isn't out of the norm for a slim woman. As sources would indicate her waist would be in the 22-24" range. totally normal.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:20 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
I said previously in this thread a woman can waist train where her waist is that size without the corset. That's why I made this thread because if a corset can remove 6 inches off a woman's temporarily while the corset is off then Barbie really isn't out of the norm for a slim woman. As sources would indicate her waist would be in the 22-24" range. totally normal.
And you consider this REALISTIC? Something to be modeled for young girls? WHY?

Old 01-05-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
And you consider this REALISTIC? Something to be modeled for young girls? WHY?
Consider what realistic? A waistline in the 22-24 range? Yes medically it's imperative for women to have small waist to have a healthier whr.

It's a very realistic goal as most slim women have it anyhow.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:25 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
The question is why on earth any woman would want to do so! I just can't wrap my head around it. This is the figure I've earned by experiencing life, which includes having had three children. I have no aspirations for looking like Barbie, but it sounds like a corset is right up your alley. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty